Band has no drummer, he was replaced by a drum machine

>band has no drummer, he was replaced by a drum machine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2VlDnlOM1Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=2NlFoi8OAVg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>two door cinema club

It almost always sounds like shit because they don't have an actual electronic music producer so they just make shitty basic drum patterns. Am i right, or am i not? am i?

I will protect Dean and Gene's smiles at all cost

having experienced the struggle of trying to find a functional drummer, i feel for these bands
good drummers are probably as rare as good bassists

RIP PHIL SELWAY

No because they use drumpads, and he plays them.

Literally my band

>drummer replaces himself with a drum machine

The Jesus and Mary Chain yo

>robots replace all jobs
>drummer is a drum machine

>band has no bassist because a computer can play better with better sound.

>drummer of a band makes a solo album
>he uses a drum machine for it

>band has no instruments, everything gets replaced with human voices.

>the drummer is actually a drum machine, but the band members call it Roland and refer to it as if it was a human being

Shitty album, shitty band
HUH!!!!

t. mad shellac poser

You have to admit though, Claude is a fucking animal and makes their music go from 10/10 to 11.7/10

Sisters of Mercy
>Dr Avalanche

holy shit
what a madman

r u?

i wish metallica did this

lol Don Henley

>band consists entirely of machines playing the individual parts of drummer, bassist, guitarist and vocals

>the drummer is actually a drum machine, the band members call it Machine, because that's all it is

when did this happen?
I haven't really caught up with their discography

I kind of like The Sister of Mercy.

>drum machine has drummer inside of it

>band replaces singer with drum machine

>band replaces drum machine with a drummer but the drummer uses an electronic kit anyway

>band replaces band with button

>band buys a drum machine but instead of turning it on, the drummer hits the top of it with a drumstick to make a rhythm

>the drum machine that is referred to as an actual band member ends up being the band's longest-serving member aside from the frontman

>band sets up a drum kit at their show
>then place a drum machine at the stool that plays back all the drum tracks

the name's the same but Andrew switched up the drum machine numerous times throughout the years.

Band is just one guy screaming into a microphone through a sound system that's feeding back while he has a drum machine playing blast beats at the fastest possible setting at a ridiculous volume making the speakers distort.

fuck you
Big Black is awesome

ur not, drum machine sounds better because it doesn't go off tempo

>Doktor Avalanche is the only member of Sisters of Mercy to stand by Eldritch through all the drama

cause sterile precision=good music?

youtube.com/watch?v=2VlDnlOM1Ew

that depends on the band entirely. I've heard cases of what you said but you really need to listen to Godflesh, Big Black, Sisters of Mercy, and certain Ministry / NIN material.

the inhuman relentlessness of a drum machine is great for atmosphere you pleb.
youtube.com/watch?v=2NlFoi8OAVg

>drums are actually programmed but use samples of personally recorded drum sounds from different acoustic spaces

true

I didn't mean that I thought drum machines were always inherently bad. I was just arguing against the point that drum machines are inherently better than drummers because of their precision. Both have their pros and cons and fit certain types of music differently. but one is not generally inherently better than the other because the level of precision.

this is a surprisingly common technique and produces some good interesting results

>Godflesh
Broadrick IS a producer though

>band uses percussion

That'll be true for probably 20 more years maybe? Music programming is becoming more and more realistic and drums will probably be the first thing to go.

iirc his only electronic project before Godflesh was a noise project as a teenager. He's just good at programming because he was really into hip hop.

what about Head of David

>organist leaves band
>he gets replaced with a synth

he only played drums, and the only electronic elements on the album he played on were some very sparse samples that I don't think were his doing.

Sounds kinda boring desu. Computers have a near limitless capability to create any sound imaginable. I don't think simulating other instruments is really using the technology to its full potential. Like, you can use technology to make any sound imaginable, and you're just gonna use it to imitate a guitar or something? lame.

>band replaces drummer with drum machine because he didn't show up to the recording session in time

Name even ONE (1) time

>Band uses both a drum machine and drummer in the same song

>Band has a Drummer
>Drummer's name is Drum Machine

k-guys are we doing this?

is this essential drum machine core? Replace Nail with Thaw. Add Godflesh Streetcleaner and Ministry Land of Rape and Honey. Are we going purely drum machine or can the album be mostly drum programmed?

add Pure Guava by Ween

Mostly drum-machine
That's why i'm not adding The Fall's Bend Sinister for example
Added

Jesus and Mary Chain: Darklands or Automatic

>>Well Meme'd
>>Well Meme'd

Don't wanna fill the chart with EBM and Hip-Hop though

also I addded Deathconciousness

oh yeah Jesus Lizard's debut EP Pure is entirely drum programmed. Earth's initial output was entirely drum machine as well so I'd add A Bureaucratic Desire for Extra-Capsular Extraction. Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar is mostly drum programmed as is his debut but add at your own risk since he's so polarizing. Also is Rembrandt Pussyhorse really drum programmed? That album had two drummers.

With that the chart would be finished
I thought Rembrant was mostly drum programmed due to many of them using drum machines (American Woman, Waiting for Jimmy to Kick In)

Well that album is sample/tape heavy it's possible the drums on American Woman are just tape loops or some other production trickery. I would also mention Scorn Colossus and Nailbomb's Point Blank but I see your chart is already full now.

i just add another column
added

>drum machine is actually just amplifying the sound of a tiny man playing a tiny drum set inside