What are your thoughts about danish cinema and what is your favorite danish movie?

What are your thoughts about danish cinema and what is your favorite danish movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0110631/
imdb.com/title/tt0061042/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there's danish film outside of refn? Pusher 3 > 2 > 1

I think you should just stick to smorrebrod.

never heard of him

Lars von Trier, man. Actually there's a lot of good danish movies, principally in the 90's.

As a child I wished I could be in the Olsen Gang. I am not embarrassed.

Festen is one of my favorite films.

agreed.

also the hunt and flickering lights (blinkende lygter)

The Hunt is pretty great IMO. I have not seen any Danish cinema that doesn't have Mads in it, though.

Nattevagten
imdb.com/title/tt0110631/

Hunger (Sult)
imdb.com/title/tt0061042/
Well-recommended for anyone who likes moody depressing Russian literature and the such. Or read the book, it's great too naturally.

Fedora-tier as fuck, man. Damn you're a cliché.

Oh yeah, I watched that a long time ago, forgot about it. Read the book also.

You didn't like it? It really stayed with me.

I liked it, just never seen anyone mention it until now so forgot about it.

Well, if you forgot about it I'm not sure you really liked it that much.

i'm downloading it again to rewatch, I have a horrible memory and just kind of picked it out on a whim one day never hearing of it because the gritty atmosphere seemed cool. And /lit/ recommended the book to me a long time ago.after seeing the movie.

3 is shit.

Cool, enjoy. It's very Dostoyevskian so if you're not a complete hater of dramatization of good books I can also recommend the BBC adaption of Crime and punishment, with John Simm. Might be on YT. I thought it did a really good job.
Like not golden cinema, but a nice way to relive the C&P story without reading the book all over.

I really loved Bleeder and especially Mads' character Lenny.

Apparently that character's based off Refn.

No wonder I have loved every film Refn has made.

He was literally me, although I guess a lot of user on Sup Forums would identify with him too.

You didn't like Jagten, but you liked that shitty English adaptation of Crime & Punishment. Now I have seen it all.

*the

3 is great. My ratings are 1>3>2

All are good though.

GOAT Dansk film right here

Go rewatch S1 of True Detective, lil' fedoraman.

All of Vinterberg's movies are great imo.

Amazing how such a little country's cinema can make Hollywood look so unimaginative, blank and stale in comparison.

Most people on Sup Forums have only seen The Hunt and never heard of his others.

I wish Festen would get more love around here but it's too experimental for this place. His recent stuff has been pretty bad though, I hated Far from the Madding Crowd.

There's tons of american indie films that make Hollywood look bad too. Danish movies are a bit overly depressing, must be a shit country to live in.

R and Submarino are also worthy mentions

whatever you say pal

>recommending tv-shows
You should probably watch more films.