Sup Forums tell me how you can enjoy a successful career without obtaining a college degree?

Sup Forums tell me how you can enjoy a successful career without obtaining a college degree?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tradeschool

Start an online business selling shit.

IT as far as i know isn't college grade. Once you finish supporter, you can work for a few years and continue reading infrastructure or programming.

>Be poor.
>Get FAFSA and fee wavers,
>go to community college and transfer to a 4 year. (here's the tricky part don't pick a shit major.)
>Graduate
>Apply for jobs in your field.

Work in manufacturing. Start out on the line making ~$16/hr. If you prove your worth, in a few years you'll be promoted to TC making ~$20/hr. The opportunities don't end there. You might make it into maintenance ~$25/hr. They'll make you take a few basic classes in electricity and fluid power. Not a bad career if you don't want to go to college.

You can do IT support- you become the guy that sets up computers and troubleshoots at a company.

You can then transition every couple of years to other companies to increase your salary

I don't recommend it tho because you're not going to be making as much as people your age graduating from college

Things that might help down the road: get certifications, and have a recruiter to help you with your job search.

Tradeschool bro. There is welding, automotive, etc. Pick one and stick with it. My younger bro is personally majoring in automotive and currently interning at Chrysler. He attends Community College.

Does not want a college degree.

This.

Companies look for people with hands-on skill and experience. Liberal arts colleges generally can't prepare you for that.

Literally this. My parents couldn't pay for my college and so I did 2 years community college, and then 2 years at a good university with a good major (computer science). I recently graduated and got a 75K/year job

And I still think I could have made it all in 3 years instead of 4.

Also since you want money, you need work experience for a good job straight out of college, hence internships and a good GPA and extracurricular activities

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
>we purposely trained him wrong, as a joke

/thread

I just go around the country selling Trump and gun rights merchandise and occasionally work on high paying petitions when they pop up. Averaging $2000/week right now. Made $180,000 last year.

>Trump and gun rights merchandise
Brilliant. It's like selling bibles or Jesus. I could never bring myself to stoop to this level, but I get it.

I taught myself how to code.

Not him, I don't even like Trump, but I see nothing wrong with taking rubes for their money. I'd do it.

Sound absolutely brilliant

So do it already.

The way I see it: I can take advantage of stupid people and make lots of money, or I can attempt to make those people less stupid by educating them. Maybe I'm the idiot for thinking I can fix stupid, but I'm going to try damn it.

Get a normal shitty job and put yourself through community college in a couple of years. Life's too short to waste it as a t-shirt carnie or call center drone.

>t-shirt carnie

Definitely this, find the ones that are in high demand that pay real good, like welding, machining, bit of both. Things like that.

>enjoy a successful career

There's your first problem. You're living to work instead of working to live.

>Life's too short to waste it as a t-shirt carnie or call center drone.

Honestly that's what a lot of college grads seem to be doing too, anymore.

Out of my friends with college degrees, about half of them have jobs they could have had without a college degree. It really depends on the field. Basically Liberal Arts = why not just get the fucking job instead of going to college.

You need a successful career in order for your work to let you live. You aren't really living if you work at McDonald's your whole life struggling.

This. Or have parents that will pay for it.

Or make money doing shit that doesn't require a degree.

I think you may have missed the intention of the phrase "working to live".

>tell me how you can enjoy a successful career without obtaining a college degree?
>make money doing shit that doesn't require a degree
Thank you for this thoughtful response.

You mispelled "indoctrinate" you filthy marxist fuck.

Join a labor union you faggot. I know some guys that make a shit ton without degrees

Military , don't be a bitch

This

Sales.

All you need is to talk to people and sell shit, no limit on income.

>Military
>don't be a bitch

Plumber. Sure you'll deal with people's shit. But even a terrible plumber makes high 5 figures after a few short years.

What good is a goyim that doesn't spend it's life savings to make less?

Picture related, this is where the best of goyim go. We want to see more there!

user asked I answered , you don't need a degree to get into the military. You just need to not be useless.

>don't pick a shit major

Good luck with that one.

Perhaps the irony is lost on you.

And this is why I think college as it currently exists is a scam.

Easy. Learn how to program. Do some research and find a good in-person school with an immersive program. Study and work your ass off so you get a decent portfolio of stuff to show off. Enter the market at a good 50k.

Low effort b8

Apply, apply and apply. I'm a linemen for AT&T with no experience towards it. I make $37.91 an hour and my wife makes only $18 an hour. I have no degree and no experience job trade. I got it through a veteran newsletter. I was only a mechanic in the army for three years. I'm 23 now. But I live in California so my pay is barely off average of living. Without my wife working to I'd probably be living in a apartment.

This. The reason people remember the 50s and 60s as a time of prosperity is because the labor unions guaranteed a decent pay.

Fuck unions their useless now. As soon as we got rid of our union at Comcast. My pay went from max cap $36 to $44 an hour as a maintanence technician. Better health plan now too.

Yes sacrifice yourself life as a plumber apprentice for 2 or 3 years I think. After that you'll see 5 figures easily especially if you go as your own business.

I can't stand Trump, just do it for the money. Sold Obama shit when he was popular too. Transitioning to gun rights stuff now that the election is over. Obviously this sort of thing is highly seasonal, but you can make a shit ton of money real quick when it is good. I try to bank most of it, and generally invest most of the profits in condos overseas.

Learn a trade.

Have to understand something: Colleges accept ANYONE now. Anyone. If you aren't smart enough for a real degree, they have plenty of fake ones that hold no actual value that you can graduate with.

But those people that don't belong in College, that go to College, just end up with a job they could have got without a degree anyways - but with a shit load of debt at the end.

If you don't think you belong in college, DON'T GO! Learn a trade. Learn construction. Learn how to fix something. Learn fucking drywall.

Also, don't have kids.

Live at home until you're 21. Save every penny you can. Don't get traffic tickets or use drugs. Don't get any convictions. Go to truck driving school. Get CDL A with all endorsements. Go to work for reputable trucking company like US Xpress. Avoid Swift, CRST, Werner, CR England. Team with someone for a year. Save money. Leave your shit in your parents basement. Learn everything you can about trucking. Buy truck and start your own company.

Nice dubs!

Learn to code. I went from making $15/hr to $30/hr to $50/hr to ~$100/hr over 4 years.

HTML, CSS, and JS

OP here.
here are a few extra details. I am 20 and about to graduate with my associates in paralegal studies(because I was thinking law school in my future.). But the problem is, I just hate it. I hate school. I hate what I study. I feel like all this money I have and am going to spend will be wasted on a career I hate.
I am not an incapable dumbass or anything like that. I just want to see what I can without going to college if I decided to quit. No offense to blue collar workers, but I don't want to just be a maintenance man or a truck driver or anything like that.

What's wrong with Swift? I heard the other companies suck, but have heard swift is okay as a starter company.

Do you want to avoid the rat race all together? Do you think jobs that don't require a degree will be more enjoyable?

Lmao bro if you become a linemen or garbage man. Out of your 10 hour day. You really only work 4 to 5hrs. The only thing difficult part of the job is getting it. My dad is a garbage man and he breaks 120,000+ every year. But this is California.

>be me
>not an oldfag cause I usually lurk
>poor social skills
>I suck at school
>Not good looking
>At 18, I get a job bussing tables
>place is nice, a fine dining restaurant and all
>I work hard, management likes me
>I get promotes to server
>I learn just enough social skills to be a good waiter
>I study and show up to every wine class
>ten years go by, and I move to a new city
>get job as server
>wine director is nice guy, and teaches me more about wine
>I have a chance to stand for the level one sommelier card
>I take it and pass
>I keep working, I get promoted to wine guy
>Old wine guy quits, I get his gig

No degree, still a Sup Forumsro, but make $65,000 a year running a wine program.

tl:dr, work in a restaurant and work your way up.

I believe that jobs without a degree would be more enjoyable than the career path I'm headed down right now. If I continue and only get my associates, I'll be a secretary my whole life as a paralegal and I don't want that. I don't want to be someone's assistant, I want to be the boss. I want to "avoid the rat race". I want to bypass college and work my way up to higher positions. The thing I'm having an issue with is finding that first step.
I want a tech job. I was offered a position with Airbnb, but turned it down because school and now I'm worried an opportunity like that won't come again.

Swift is a horrible company from what I've heard. They screw employees pretty badly. CR England is the worst though. Every year they get sued and lose over their mafia tactics.

Skilled labor. We are short skilled labor in the US. Too many idiots with degrees that are worthless trying to get work with them.

No offense. But if California was the last habitable place on earth, I would still rather live in Africa.

Head toward something like a CNA 6 weeks job starts at 12 an hour and goes all the way up to 19.

Surgical tech 8 months but start at 20 all the way up to 40

medical area is always worth it and easy there are lots of little thing to stay out of poverty

or you can get a mechanical engineering degree 4 years and get a job at starting at 35 an hour

>work in a restaurant and work your way up
>10 years
I left school at 15, by 19 I was running slabs, at 20 I was the foreman for a 22 level building getting $1800 net a week
Now at 23 I have my own firm and pay myself $2k a week net
If you want to work hard and work your way up without an education, it's in construction

rool

rool

Gotta work at factories, try applying through man power.

I'M SO SICK OF FUCKING IT FAGS ACTING LIKE THEIR SIMPLE RECRUITMENT FIELD RESULTS IN SATISFACTORY JOB OUTCOMES

YOU GUYS ARE FAILED PROGRAMMERS, WHO COULDN'T GET INTO BETTER SCHOOLS

FUCK OFF WITH THE FAG SHIT, AND QUIT FEEDING PEOPLE YOUR RETARDED LIES

I went to university and regret it. Barely learned anything useful. You learn on the job.

Luckily I live somewhere that got me my education for free, but it's still 6 years I'll never get back. 6 years that could've been practical experience.

My advice: teach yourself some tech skills, save up some money, move out to Silicon Valley, and start networking. Plenty of work apps you can use to make money while you are looking for your dream job like task rabbit, uber, etc.

Cause i'm a poopsmoker and that's all there is to me therefore i poopsmoke

Butthash ain't cheap these days, i gots to flippin flapping burger diddly dool in McDick's kitchen nigga nah i'm saying?

Underrated post

don't have a girlfriend or get married

So tech fields require college degrees?

I'm not too sure I'm following you user.

This is my backup plan. Im in college right now but I'm also working at a restraunt. I started off a dishwasher but got moved up to Expo a couple months ago. Hoping to continue moving around, and all the mangers like me

Leave school get Electrical trade/craft apprenticeship
Also get Instrumentation trade
Progress from craft to supervisor to foreman now construction manager.

Worked around the world all fully payed and havnt earned under $15k USD For last 10 years.

Will be working on a job in Freeport, tx earning $1100 a day for next 3-4 years

trade school. you can make more as a plumber or electrician than most kids coming outta college

plus alot harder to outsource

Cool. Just don't bitch and complain about how the management, ceo's and owners are making a ton with profit sharing, stock options, 401k's, great health benefits, and vacation time, while you slave away into your 50's. oh, and your new boss is half your age and making twice as much as you. Ok?

Study ur shit. Study hard. Know the field, know the game, aim to succeed. College is an opportunity, but keep in mind that its up to you on your degree. WORK HARD

yo i'm in the same boat. i'm more of an innovator tho. so like i try to come up with invnetions and shit and make it big

find a problem. solve that problem. become rich
it's so easy a black man could do it.
a black guy invented street lights

Because he knew his fellow nigs would be robbing.

no like traffic light red yellow green. nah a nigg couldn't come up with the light bulb. shit sticking 1 light bulb on a pole really isn't even an invention you need 3 light bulbs

the same guy invented the gas mask too

beaners and women think of jobs and corporations
real men earn their own money
fun fact there are more people than available high paying jobs. If you are going to break out of the system it's going to require some thinking outside the box

Enjoy a success career? Life isn't a fucking fairy tale. Your soft ass is part of the problem is this world. Go work for the oil industry, fucking sheep.

Why not choosing an european uni? There are a lot of them with english programe + much cheaper than us..

exactly he was tired of his childrens chicken and water mellon farts so he put his nose under his shirt. eventually that evolved into the gas mask. he put a cloth over his mouth then got tired of holding the cloth on his face so he strapped it to his head. litterally anyone can invent shit. it's not even like super fucking difficult just stop thinking the only way to make money is for someone to pay you by the hour

learn how to weld and be flexible.

and, on average, better

Anyone can be a hero

Work only 2 shit jobs for a very short period prior to my new job now.Then I faked my resume with more knowledge than I actually knew, though I brushed on some of those things. Applied to a new place for a third current job and aced both interviews for it. Did so well they offered me a better position. Took it and make $18 an hour salary with tremendous benefits. Worked only 6 months and did so well they offered me to go to Chicago for another position to train and go to school for which they payed for m to do. Now I make $30 an hour.
College is a waist of time and money. It's all about building experience and how you handle & present yourself of going die hard for the company.

go to pol faggot

Are they accredited? For instance, will classes transfer?

that was the old wine guy's plan all along. he needed to replace himself before he retired

You go to college to gain qualifications that will set you on your way to a 6-figure income and you don't want to pay for it?
The Age of Entitlement is still with us.
You could launch a career in dry-cleaning or catering. The good thing about catering is that there's a McDonald's within walking distance of your share-house.

It doesn't matter what the fuck you choose to do, op. Success is earned through hard work. Whether or not you go to school has nothing to do with it. There is no quick and easy route. Just go win.

that's a big fucking lie. Hard work won't get you jack shit. Knowing the right people, good looks, intelligence and occassionally working hard is how you make a lot of money. There are a shit load of people breaking their motherfucking backs for table scraps

I'm a self taught programmer with no formal education and math grades that started slipping as soon as high school started.

I managed to get my hourly rate up from 5$/h up to 50$/h. I did not become a better programmer. In hindsight I realized that I'm a shit one and I don't have any promising career prospects.

Here's my secret: I got better at politics. I got better at lying, conning and talking. I got better at slithering out of tricky situations, by blaming others when handy and always taking blame for the little things to build up trust. Smoke and mirrors, deceit, lies and twisting of truth.

Same goes for every other field. If you can't prove yourself in the way (((((normal))))) people do, learn how to be a douchebag, but never let be caught at it.

>take out max loans
>major in something like political science, gender studies, business, psychology, philosophy, or any of the other cake majors.
>fail out because even that is too hard for you
>get minimum wage paying job worthy of your kill and usefulness as a human
>join #blacklivesmatter regardless of your own race
>protest trump until he forgives student debt
>debt gone

This is how you lose debt. Good luck