Have any Sup Forumsros beaten this addiction

Have any Sup Forumsros beaten this addiction.

I've always lived by the 'beat the gums, not the lungs' mantra, but I know dipping is bad. I've been doing it pretty consistently for about 5 years now. For about two of those years, I was a can-a-day guy. Ive regressed, a lot, and now I only put a lip in at night when I'm about to fall asleep, or when I'm drunk. (Im also ashamed to admit I've switched to pouches. I know that is blasphemy to many true dippers, but it helps me manage and regulate my daily intake. + cleaner).

Any advice on how to truly quit?

Bump

Toothpicks. Find something to replace the oral fixation.

I been dipping about 8 years. Quit for about 2 in the middle. I can just quit whenever, but defintly enjoy it.

Copenhagen Straight is my go to

Sounds like you've done ok weening yourself off so far. You can try the nicotine gum and then go to regular gum to help with the oral fixation.

I've been there OP. I used to be a heavy smoker, (Half a pack/Full pack of Unfiltered cigarettes a day). One day i literally just said Fuck this shit im done, I went cold turkey quit for about 9 months. The first 3 days is literally the fucking worst, but once you make it past 3 days youre fine. Granted, Ive started smoking again on and off after a few months, but its better then nonstop smoking. Im currently at 4 weeks no cigarettes, just recently decided to say fuck it again, probably took me like 3 weeks of saying i wasnt going to buy another pack before i actually didnt and stopped.

That's a good idea. I have gotten to the point where i get the nictoine buzz from a dip again. But back in the day i did it strictly for the burn.

Sunflower seeds. Or a gey lil vape to quell the nicotine urges. After three days without nicotine the worst is over, after a week your a dingus for starting again

That being said I'm a fucking dingus

sunflower seeds or something else that is easy to keep around that can help with the oral fixation like said.

I smoke. But if I have something else to sustain I don't feel like smoking. Good luck.

Dude that's awesome. Good work.

I've beaten the three day hitatus monkey on my back, but when I've had a shit week, and when i have my pay day at the end of the month, I break down. Its shitty

Op here. Im a big dingus

I played baseball and like seeds. This is a good idea. Even though i feel like id be buying bags of them a week, which may end up being financially worse.

Then again though, in the long run, itll be better than potential cancer

This is a good idea. My dad used to smoke and does the gum. I know they're kind of expensive though

>be me
>smoke/dip/vape for 8 years alternating between the three (mostly dipping last few years/dip in at all times)
>take a very high dose of lsd
>literally can not bring myself to put a dip in the day after
>3 months of no nicotine and counting
I know not everyone is prepared for a heavy dose of psychedelics but that trip really showed me the big picture of how fucked up the tobacco industry is. Don't let those fucking shills take your money daily while potentially killing your ass (easier said than done yes I know).

Never thought that taking tripping balls would end a nicotine addiction

Within the next decade I can see psychedelics being used as medicine to treat the deepest addictions. It was still not a cake walk though after the trip, I suffered heavy withdrawals for 3 weeks but some how my ego was strong enough to not take that dip. Still have a can of fresh unopened Copenhagen original in my freezer, I keep it there to know I'm in control.

Went long cut to pouches to herbal then done

Putting ground coffee or espresso in my lip like dip worked for me.

Damn, that freezing tin can would be such a temptation to me

IDK, I used dip to quit smoking, and just quit dip a few weeks later

>keep it there to know I'm in control.

Saying that automatically means you have doubts, which means you aren't in control at all

Yet I have not taken a dip or smoked in 3 months? I have been a pack and a half a day smoker and a can a day dipper for 8 years. It's an effective strategy lol trust me. It's called building real will power.

How does this mean he has doubts? I know if I had a pack of cigs in the house I would smoke everyone of those fuckers

You are arguing against fact
If a person has to remind themselves they are driving a car, are they really in control of the vehicle ?
It has nothing to do with strategy, just simple commonsense

user keeping it there as a sort of security blanket, allowing their addiction to still control them
AKA:doubts

You literally have 0 clue about addiction if you are comparing it to driving a car. Go to bed kiddie I'm giving this dude legit strategies.

i swtiched to vape and now my addiction is way worse lol

Do you even know what a simile is?

Sorry you can't grasp the basic concept of a metaphor, not a very well constructed argument .Your argument implies I have never been addicted to anything, and couldn't possibly understand.

You are obviously a troll. It's not there "incase I need it". It's there to remind myself i have the willpower to do what ever the fuck I want. Done replying to you though, you're not giving anything constructive to kicking the habit.

Try snus if you want to quit.

Now you are saying things I really haven't said
I never said "in case you need it" also not trolling. If you need to be reminded you are in control, you aren't in control. IT's that fucking simple. Since you were the one that said in case you need it, I'd have to now assume that's why you keep it there . Drug addicts are all the same , sad

Nice thumbnail

Fuck vaping. Tbh I had never been so strung out on nicotine in my life than the year I vaped.

Not even trying to troll, and I triggered the weak minded drug addict that doesn't have the personal fortitude to throw his addiction throw the garbage . It still controls you, and you are so stupid you cannot even see it

Completely agree i was so angry knowing i wasted half of year looking like an obnoxious prick in smokers areas just to end up with a stronger addiction

So let's say I did throw it away. I still stop by convenient store every once in awhile, it's just as easily available right there so I guess I should just throw it out and stop going to convenient stores then I WILL TRULY NOT BE A COCK SUCKING ADDICT. Lmao get out dude, I get it you're trying to be edgy and sound smart but I have not touched nicotine in 3 months, nor will I ever touch it again.

Yup fuck vaping. Expensive, oil is a pain in the ass to work with, and it's soo much easier to fortify that nicotine addiction. I do miss some of the flavors I'll admit they were delicious.

Hey bro. I'm trying to quit, I used this and I helped me quit. I'm an emt so I get alot of opportunities to dip/chew depending on what I have. I refreshed my emt an alot of us chew, I relapsed in the refresher class, my excuse was to stay awake lol. I haven't tried to guit. I have a lip in now, with about a pinch left of my Copenhagen can. Seriously this stuff it shredded mint leaves usda organic. It totally feels like you have a lip in, but you can gut it if you want. Or spit. Not like those shitty coffee grinds pouches that don't make you salivate. This helped ween me off. You can even mix tobacco and the mint leave chew to ween yourselfnoff. This stuff actually did it for me. I have 3 cans waiting for me once I finish my cope. Its not healthy, toxic. Good luck bro.

Thre are other brands out there that use molasses or other binders to keep the shredded mint leaves together better but it's worse for your teeth because of the glucose or whatever. Better than the decay of tobacco though. And my wife is cool with me having a lip of mint when I'm off shift because "it's helping me quit"

yea
i used to dip like a can a day but i smoked too and almost quit smoking, went to 2 cans a week, lighten up on smoking a bunch then,i just quit dipping

i quit smoking by using fake herb cigarettes, honeyrose n shit, and peppermints like altoids. and cold turkey. no other help. dont do nicotine. its that one fucking i got to FUCKING SMO... AAGGHH u know that one you need. then u dont get it, then ur like fuck. then ur like i neve wanted to start, but that feeling of that is so long ago, its hard to stay with it. knowing u dont want to. my lungs and throat started to hurt too for some reason at this time,i couldnt even smoke much any more. anyway cut down from a pack a day to 5-6. and until over 2 weeks i was down to less than 3 a day. then when i was at 2- 2 1/2 a day, just went until i needed one, then didnt

thsi guy can go fuck himself claims more to it so he can mkae money off of ssnake oil truth commercials on tv

fuck you faggot quit taking my money for that bullshit

I actually wanted to start dipping but I thought it tasted shit. Do they all have that smokey taste?

Tried quitting a lot of times.

I dip and I smoke.

Copenhagen Mint is my EDD.
I smoke Camel unfiltered.

Quitting is hard to do, but one day, OP, we'll quit, faggot.