clyp.it/igvfyqdv
youtu.be/hwamxQMefNA?t=2m
youtube.com/watch?v=jKSg8t4zyLg
youtube.com/watch?v=64LJflIIM1I
youtube.com/watch?v=en11fCbW-gw
clyp.it/bamrbezs
youtube.com/watch?v=UdABiBX3Oao
youtube.com/watch?v=nGssYCWIV74
riffcityguitaroutlet.com/products/gretsch-g5435-electromatic-pro-jet-tangerine-sparkle?
musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/vht-special-6-ultra-6w-1x12-hand-wired-tube-guitar-combo-amp
musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/vox-ac4c1-12-1x12-classic-limited-edition-tube-guitar-combo-amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Strictly no blogposting sub-edition.

Guys, I think I'm going for a vigier excalibur, what do you think?

>Telecaster (repainted blood red and I installed a Bigsby B5 vibrato)

>Cheap Höfner 500/1 copy

>Epiphone Thunderbird IV Pro

>Shitty Rogue acoustic painted up like Pink Floyd's The Wall

>Maharajah Musicals electric/acoustic sitar

>Unbranded Japanese banjo, probably from the 70's

Am I cool yet?

I think that's a lot of damn money for a superstrat. You could probably get something of equal quality or even better for considerably cheaper

Who here /rest strokes/?

that's the ugliest collection I've ever seen

if you guys like ace frehley so much why don't you just put him in the sticky

Ok, I'm open for suggestions.

>>Epiphone Thunderbird IV Pro
I was pretty impressed with Epi's T-bird basses. They're pretty solid for their price.

Schecter banshee extreme

>hi guys i collect shitty instruments

hell no

get that lumber shit out of here

>he hasn't seen my collection
Thank God I only post it in bully free zones.

Good evening

What a fag

any of you fags ever own a carvin amp?

Excuse me, this is a bully free zone.

does this sound rushed

clyp.it/hsw02ayj

But your mom isn't

Trey Anastasio is underrated

Looking to pick up guitar, what do you guys think about this one for 75 pounds used?
Its an Aria FET-SPL

who is ace freehly

forgot to attach image

geez you need to work out

fast
clyp.it/igvfyqdv

LMFAO

youtu.be/hwamxQMefNA?t=2m

Can anyone help me find what instrument is playing between 2:01 and 2:06 ? I'm not sure if it's a mandolin or a resonator.

Can learning bluegrass improve my picking technique?

What are similar songs to Blackbird that are good for a beginner finger picking? I wouldn't mind learning something else in that style, maybe classical

youtube.com/watch?v=jKSg8t4zyLg
youtube.com/watch?v=64LJflIIM1I

Thanks!

Anything by Dream Theater, Richie Kotzen, Andy James or King Crimson

I plan to start learning classical guitar very soon. Is it actually possible to not chew your nails? I don't think it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=en11fCbW-gw

You can play with your fingertips. You won't get the same attack sound, but it still sounds good

>epi tbird iv
>having that shitty finish instead of natural oil

you disgust me

mandolin

clyp.it/bamrbezs

What do you guys think about Scott Grove?

retarded hick.

average joe af

only difference between him and other guitar reviewers is the camera quality

i like it

>that pedal show was pretty good
>it's now just an advert
>Mick here hellooooooo

Any patricians on tonight?

youtube.com/watch?v=UdABiBX3Oao

Are ESP guitars good?

Yeah
Don't get one with a gay inlay thouh

Honestly couldn't tell you, I've never heard the natural tone of an ESP guitar since everyone with an ESP is an effects kiddie. Makes me think they're secretly shit and you've essentially paid 5-6 times what you would have for a Squier with the exact same result.

Will i still be able to do freelance music jobs while working 6h a day at an office or something

probably not if you want to have a girfriend and kids and shit.

6h a day in an office isn't too bad. lots of computer work can put stress on your tendons though, so try not to wear yourself out. if youre not a caffeine drinker already you'll probably become one

Nah, just want to live like a manchild

either youre using the term manchild incorrectly or youre going to be unsuccessful

Hello /gg/, I've recently started learning to play guitar on a shitty squier strat and I've been looking to get a better guitar. I was browsing goodwill.com and I saw this listing. I noticed immediately that the body of this guitar is similar to a jazzmaster and that the guitar only has a single pickup. It is also made in Japan apparently. Do you think it would play good or should I just pass? It's relatively cheap right now. Thanks.

>inb4 poorfag

Hm
What about time?
Will the free time left be enough to dedicate to being a good freelance guitarist/bassisst?

Manchild as like a grownup kid who just wants to have fun and not bother with kids
Like most people i guess

Go for it then.

wew double reply to the same guy

1. yes if youre only working 6 hour days you'll have plenty of time. consider most people work eight or nine hour days (7+1 or 8+1) plus an hour or two of total commute time.

although it depends a lot on what you mean by 'freelance'. if youre playing nightly gigs and have to get up early for work the next day, you might be in for a rough go. if youre just sitting at home practicing and producing you should have no problems.

2. that description just sounds like a regular person. a manchild imo is somebody who can't do anything for themselves and needs to be taken care of.

pass!

only buy from craigslist if youre shopping for a particular item and you happen to find it online and in good condition. i dont want to say craigslist/2nd hand stuff is bad, but ive bought enough stuff to know that 2nd hand impulse buys rarely work out well. do your research and find out exactly what kind of guitar you want (by going to a guitar store and testing out every guitar they have) BEFORE you start shopping.

Alright I'll pass but unfortunately I can't use craigslist because I live in a pretty small town. I'll see if any pawn shops are selling guitars though

ebay will ultimately be your best bet for finding used instruments if you so choose

pawn shop guitars are often overpriced for the quality you're getting, but can be a bargain if you buy during a sale. a lot of times pawn shops are just selling stickers (ie will price guitars based solely on brand rather than playability or condition).

the most important part of the guitar is the neck; almost everything else can be fixed/replaced. if the neck is warped or the frets are a) too worn down or b) uneven then you'll be in for a serious and costly repair. if a shop/person is selling a guitar with a high action, theyre probably doing it to hide a problem with the neck of the guitar! be careful!

>mfw putting on new strings after 5 months

Alright cool, thanks for the advice user.

>5 months

Why would you wait so long...

spoiled brat can't wait

I'm extremely poor. No bully pls.

no worries lad, best of luck to you

seconded

Is there any good guitar or bass related hentai doujins?

k on is pretty good

ive saved up about 600 dollars to get a new guitar, and i want to get one with a post punk feel, any suggestions?

Literally anything dude. Just get a nice chorus and reverb pedal to go with. J mascis jazzmaster would be a good choice

youtube.com/watch?v=nGssYCWIV74

Also this

riffcityguitaroutlet.com/products/gretsch-g5435-electromatic-pro-jet-tangerine-sparkle?

>J mascis jazzmaster would be a good choice

Ok, why wouldn't it be a good choice? I think it's overused, but it's a good guitar for that sound.

I know you guys usually scoff at a lot of punk guitarists but I just wanted to know what's the best way to achieve a "punk" sound? What kind of amp and what kind of guitar? Please don't give me the whole "dude just play whatever really fast, that's real punk xD"

An overdrive pedal with the bridge pickup to full and the neck pickup to half will give you a nice punkish crunch.

Damn very jelly.
Love that cab. How does it sound user?

Thanks, can you recommend some amps that'll help accomplish the job? Right now I'm trying on my shit little amp but it sounds terrible.

Mesa Dual Rectifier is the famous punk amp.

>$2,000

I thought most "punks" were dirt poor?

nahh man they're rich

are they wearing underwear on their heads?

No man that's under-armor

Any opinions on the LTD Sparrowhawk?

I am looking for a sub 1200$ guitar.

Already have a Gibson SG

>armour
fixed

any bridge pickup through any kind of dirt of reasonable gain

Do you guys think guitar bands are going to make a comeback anytime soon?

What do you folks think about amps that come with presets such as the fender mustang III or GT 40? I'd like to get one but for some reason I feel like I'd just be cheating myself. Opinions?

fine for bedroom practicing but it stops there.

>want to play punk rock
>asking for amp recs
just fucking pick an amp and play. tone doesn't matter, it's all about attitude, right?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

You mean are guitar bands going to become top 40 again? Because that shit never went anywhere except for off the top of the charts

There you are

Yeah, I guess that is my question.

What do you mean by that? Would someone performing with such an amp be ridiculed?

Where do you perform?

>There you are
i've never been more perplexed by a post in all my life. literally what did you mean by this?

I don't perform at all. Why?

I was waiting for the "punk" purist to criticize my post.

it was a joke, m8. seriously though, you don't need to spend more than $500 on an amp to get a good punk tone.

Oh, sorry about that then. What sort of amps might help me get the right sound? Right now I'm looking at the Fender Champion 100 but I'm just really unsure.

musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/vht-special-6-ultra-6w-1x12-hand-wired-tube-guitar-combo-amp

stock speaker is decent once you break it in. greenbacks sound great in these amps.

musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/vox-ac4c1-12-1x12-classic-limited-edition-tube-guitar-combo-amp

stock speaker is really nice, albeit a little dark. replace it with a g12t for a brighter crunch.

Can an eq pedal make a metal tone "tighter"? I like my amp's dirty channel, the problem is that I can't get anything past classic metal.I want to get a more modern metal sound. I am planning on getting the mxr 10 band eq pedal because I heard that you can "open up" the sound of an amp's dirty channel by dialing the right settings. I don't want to run a distortion pedal through the clean channel, because as I said, I like the tone of the dirty channel, just wished it had more "oomph" to it.