So I've been out of a job for a good minute and can't afford to keep paying for squarespace...

so I've been out of a job for a good minute and can't afford to keep paying for squarespace. I was using it to host my resume, portfolio, and some IT service pricing info, the only ecperience I have with webdev is pretty high level (either customizing a squarespace page or downloading mySQL addons)

any advice or resources on where to get started on creating and hosting my own website?

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IF ANY OF YOU SEXY COKE LOVERS WANNA KNOW HOW TO STRENGTHEN YOUR COCAINE AND MAKE IT LAST LONGER, SIMPLY ADD PURE CAFFEINE POWDER TO YOUR COCAINE. IT TURNS IT INTO SUPER COCAINE. 0.2g CAFFEINE INTO 1g COCAINE....

Don't wanna die of caffeine OD

YOU CAN'T DIE FROM 0.2GRAMS OF CAFFEINE, YOU NEED TO CONSUME MORE THAN 6GRAMS OF CAFFEINE POWDER TO OD NIGGA

would it help me make a website

FUCK YEAH IT WILL, YOU'LL HAVE THAT SITE DONE IN MINUTES

>offers IT services
>can't figure out how to setup his own website

Why should we help you scam people?

I'm a hardware guy, not a web development guy. Just because I can reformat a hard drive and replace a cmos battery doesn't mean I know how to write CSS and HTML.

YOU NEED TO SELL COCAINE ON YOUR SITE YOU'LL MAKE ALOT OF MONEY

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I won't judge your lifestyle but I enjoy my clean record

So you know how to do something anyone can do with a few simple instructions? Amazing.

I'm not a web dev either, but I still know enough to set up a simple website. Maybe you just need to git good.

Yeah anyone can do what I do. but that doesn't discredit me from selling those services to those who can't or don't want to. Do you think the trash man is a scam artist for getting paid to pick up trash? literally anyone can do that! that fucking asshole.

>ecperience I have with webdev is pretty high level
>high level
>customizing a squarespace page
>downloading mySQL addons

holy shit OP... if you were any higher level you'd know how to login to a c-panel

better call Microsoft real quick, they waiting for your application

Honestly I was just hoping for some resources to get started learning so I didn't have to sift through the garbage first ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think you understand what high level means

At this point you should just go away and hide before you embarrass you even more.

enlighten me

See, anyone can "make a website".
But just because you are a kid that can make a button wiggle on hover, it doesn't make you a full stack dev.
A professional portfolio should be .. you know .. professional

Fine, here's something to get you started
w3schools.com/

High level: Using premade GUIs and simple premade templates to create website

Low level: creating a website from the metal up by custom coding everything

I meant High level in terms of abstraction, not (SUPER HIGH SKILL WATCH OUT)

why do you think I would ask for help if I thought I was good lol

Cisco CCAr network security architect here... embarrass me pls :)

>disses somebody for their knowledge of webdev
>doesn't know what high level means in the context

High level: Close to what the end user sees. Using an editor or tool to alter the visuals and content of the website.

Low level: in this context HTML, CSS and JS. Generally low level development means closer to machine level. assembler is pretty much as deep as you typically get.

it's a photography portfolio ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think anyone gets that I openly admit to not being good at this and am genuinely asking for help
this guy gets it
thank you btw

Yep thats exactly what I meant. Anyone can make something. But if you want something that looks professional stuff like squarespace is the way to go. Good luck with it

how is custom coding something 'lower level' than using templates? your logic is flawed.

Only so much you can do with a drag and drop template... if you want a site with any functionality, it will need some coding... javascript, PHP whatever... try build an e-marketing based website using squarespace

does this guy not understand layers of abstraction

this
please go away. use google and just fuck off

Literally anyone who has used a pc that has more than 100 IQ can format a harddriver or take a battery out of the motherboard and put a new one in. The reason you are unemployed is because any teenager can replace you after 2 hours of basic instructions. Go to community college neckbeard. You have no skills.

I'm aware of that but you're kinda missing the point. I overgeneralized my skills because that's literally the least important part of the question I asked. I've been doing this in my town for 5 years and of course I've done jobs more complicated than that.

GoDaddy sells webpage hosting for about 20$ per year with a cheap webpage builder. Honestly tho I'd just upload photos to instagram as a marketing and portfolio tool and then go out and network. Happy now?

weebly is like squarespace I think.
on weebly they let you make websites for free but with the weebly dot com in the site name.

this is a question for Sup Forums

Ok I'll look into these, thank you guys. had no idea that GoDaddy was so much cheaper. I'll look into weebly but I'm pretty set on using my domain since I paid a good bit for it