So Georgians and Armenians see themselves as European? I mean technically they're geographically european...

So Georgians and Armenians see themselves as European? I mean technically they're geographically european, both speak an Indo European language, both are Christian nations, and they're the birthplace of the Caucasus mountains. However they have completely different cultures and are not in the European genetic cluster and look a lot darker than the average euro

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_vocabulary#Arabic_influence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartvelian_languages
youtube.com/watch?v=1sayCaOYDW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anything south of the Major Caucasus is Asia.

*do

Bump
Any Georgians or Armenians here

I always considered Georgia as Europe, but for some reason I can't put Armenia in the same way.

They are looks like south italian and behave the same way

Georgians maybe as their culture is closer to Europe and they are ethnically European.

But why not Armenians? They speak an Indo European language and are Christians

Georgia and Armenia are not geographically in Europe though. Georgians also don't speak indo-European and the Armenian language is heavily influenced by iranian.

>Armenians are Christians

They still look like durkas.

>But why not Armenians? They speak an Indo European language and are Christians

>and the Armenian language is heavily influenced by iranian.

Georgian is not an Indo European language you dumb fuck

So do Greeks

The Iranian language(Persian) is literally a branch of the indo European languages

>le white = Caucasian
fucking westernormies

But Armenians speak Semitic language. They are somewhat like Christian Jews.

People are going a bit off topic here
Do Georgians and Armenians see THEMSELVES as Europeans?

Same here 2bh

it is unique
fuck europe

they arent christians

they dont you dirty subhuman

they arent christians

Except 40% of Persian/Farsi is Semitic and thus not really an indo-European language. Same applies for Armenian.

Georgia is the literal border between Europe and Asia according to the Greeks

shitskin australian

>germany education

they speak indo gypsy laguage

I am a Greek

One of the borders between Europe and Asia is the caucus mountain and Georgia is south of that. Most of Georgia is isn't located above or within the caucus mountain range.

Armenia is struck in the middle of the Zagros mountains so it's literally a middle-eastern country.

>Georgians also don't speak indo-European
So do Hungarians and Finns, yet they're obviously European.

Untrue. Aside from a few loan words and a script change, (P)arsi is without a doubt Indo-European language.

Georgians yeah but eastern type , unique

Armenians look like turks that's why
In fact they remind me of turks I live around a lot of them they look like turks and act like jews

They do but only to themselves as anybody else would laugh at them.

It's not a few, 40% of Farsi consists of Semitic/Arab loan words. It's hardly an indo-European language hence why linguists prefer to just say Indo-Iranian instead.

Georgians aren't european because they aren't located in Europe like Hungary or Finland.

>both speak an Indo European language

The borders changed. Now all of Western Russia is considered Europe although its the same piece of shit land like Siberia and is filled with some ugly finniggers.
Europeans always include sandnigger turkey but never Georgia. retarded whites

>yet they're obviously European.
turkey is more European than finland

>Armenians look like turks
turks look like armenians
turks are mixed
nothing about turkey is unique

No. Even the most basic words like brother (Baradar) are stil Persian in origin. Most loan words are in fact related to Islam, and are still in Iranian influence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_vocabulary#Arabic_influence
>In addition, since the plurals formed by the Arabic morphological system constitute only a small portion of the Persian vocabulary (about 5% in the Shiraz corpus), it is not necessary to include them in the morphology; they are instead listed in the dictionary as irregular forms.

You also forget that changing the lexicon of a language alone isn't enough to make it into a new language by itself. Arabic didn't do shit to the structure, grammar, and pronunciation.

obviously not an eggspert but

>they're geographically european
Nah, they are from Caucasus which is kind of a middle between Western Asia and Europe. Is Georgia and Armenia are geographically Europe, so is Dagestan, Azerbaijan and Chechnya. It's a region of it's own, just like Turkey isn't Middle East but isn't Europe either.

>Indo-European language
Armenia yes, Georgia no lol. Kartvelian languages are a family on their own AFAIK and it's isolate just like Basque.

>Christian
Yep, but that doesn't really make them European on its own.

I think that they can be viewed as Europeans in certain aspects, for example, historical relations to European nations and not Arabic/Asian nations, membership of organizations more related to Europe, but I lean to the conclusion that they are something of their own, unique. Just like Dagestanis or Chechnyans aren't Russians, but you wouldn't consider them Europeans even if they were Christian. Just Caucasians.

Georgian here, AMA

Do you love Trio Mandili?

Also, why did you leave a nice homogeneous country for a Muslim shithole like the Netherlands?

Georgianon here
We do. As part of eastern europe to be exact. Though certain exceptions stick to "muh special snowflake" idea...

Is it easy to get Georgian citizenship? Dual citizenship?

Are you light skinned or dark skinned

Gamarjoba! What are the significances of the towers in your towns?

I like em, they have nice voices and are qt, i'm born here and my parents met each other in Holland.

I believe so, yea. A lot of Turks here have it but idk about Georgians since there are so few of them

As one Georgian living in EU and another one living in Georgia, how do you both view Georgian-Europe relations, visa free travel and what in your opinion should further relations of Georgia-EU be? Where do Georgian people see themselves in ~50 years politically?

Im kinda light skinned most people tell me i'm kinda yellow ish. Most Georgians are like this, but my dad is really white, they mistaked him as a russian back when he lived in Georgia

Are there many Georgians in The Netherlands?

No, around 2000-2500 maybe?

Personally im a bit darkskinned like balkanite or italian. In general it is a diverse country, you can meet people with various phenotypes from nordic to shitskin iranid
What towers do you mean?
I never had any problems regarding visas at all, so it doesnt convern me personally. It was a good political gesture and will further improve our relations. As for the future it depends on global political situation, though we will be part of certain european block for sure.

Forgot the pic, heres my hand. Im outdoors and lighting is awful.
Oh, these are mainly common in mountainous regions of western Georgia. It had defensive purposes and our kings were storing arditional treasury here ro protect ut in case of invasions.

Mate, that's not darksinned at all. Also Southern Europeans aren't really "dark". Did you fall for the Sup Forums and Sup Forums memes

>American education
Actually, Georgian is not Indo-European.

when these dudes tan they get african-tier black.

tfw no Georgian gf. At least I had half-armenian gf.

not really, no
they tan just like any normal white person

>they mistaked him as a russian back when he lived in Georgia
did they beat him for looking like a r*ssian?

Georgians can be considered as european
Armenians can't

You're not in any position to say you fucking roach t*rk.

>Kartvelian languages are a family on their own AFAIK and it's isolate just like Basque.

Came here to say this; you're right.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartvelian_languages

Actually I'm in the just right position since I'm in constant interaction with georgians and armenians

hes right though

Fuck off, Armenian diaspora, even Russians don't see you as a human being

bullshit. most armenians i met were nice people. georgians are better though.
even among belorussians and hohols there are much more assholes

russians are lower than armenians

t. churkas

t. I am a Greek

t. gook

I am a Greek

i wish, i really do

>Be Armenian-American
>people mistake me for being polish

anyway, I can't speak for Georgia but Armenia is a middle ground where culture is influenced by both eastern European and Middle Eastern stuff while having its own stuff too. Politically it's definitely more European due to recent soviet occupation. I think the answer would be it's both Europe and Middle Eastern, or neither.

euro-asia

eurasia

sheeeet

Only Georgia is European of the two.

red pill me on the "watermelon seller" meme

Georgian isn't Indo-european and the caucuses aren't Europe.

Georgia and Armenia are white.

they sell a lot of watermelin

So I know The term "white" is an American concept, but do any Armenians or Georgians consider themselves to be white. I mean there are a lot of pale ones

Armenians are turks basicly
Georgians are caucasians. It is difficult to say but i guess some say were white others say not really. But colour of the skin doesn't matter

It's about the things that the country has done like, culture, history it's people, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=1sayCaOYDW4

*leans into mic
WRONG

Georgian belongs to Kartvelian languages, mr American Education.

Lol. Them all are too far away from being europeans. For your west understanding: they are similar with latinos, but not even a latinos: just little agressive with hot blood and energy. Most of them with low IQ (because of low education, a lot of persons can be clever there, it is not a nationality problems). By cultural traditions, menthality and so on, them are near turkish people, but with another religion.

They are not europeans.

It all only my opinion, I don't take this opinion like fully true, it is just from my point of view.

slavshit