Hi Sup Forumsros

Hi Sup Forumsros,

I moved in a new town 1 year ago.
Haven't made any real friend ever since, I don't know what to do.

Any help or tips would be appreciated, starting to get tired of being on my own.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOHuawIzEqs&t=1100s
chess.com/clubs/members/lyon-echecs
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1257287/game-stores-dijon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic related ? if so timestamp ?

go to bars club college work grocery store when you're desperate

Wtf, no, I'm a dude.

I was thinking about going to a park with a book, but here they are not huge, not really many peoples my age

Do you have any hobbies? What kind of job do you have? Do you like music/go-to shows? This is where I would start. Find people that like doing what you like to do. If all you do is stay home all the time you'll never meet new people.

Not really, I read books, I started playing chess online, I'm planning on starting watchmaking tho.
I work on retail and might go back to college at the end of the year, I'm 26 btw.

Moar pics!

Also try making at work and try Tinder?

I have only one coworker, we just get along but not more than that,
I just made an account on tinder but I doubt it will really help..

Hmm. I like to skateboard and see live music.. I've made plenty of friends at the skatepark/skating in the city and going to concerts and seeing the same people with similar tastes in music. Since that's not what you're into maybe join a book club or chess club (?)... Idk since im not really into either of those things. Maybe try and find some new hobbies. Try tinder and meet some women? Like other people said maybe hang at a bar and try talking to people.

Country/state? Don't have to say city. Just helps give an idea of what culture you're living in.

im saying this as like a back up sort of thing
Meet people at bars
I fucking hate bars because its full of loser cunts who dont actually get invited to parties
but id probably go to a bar if i didnt know anyone

Dijon, France

I'm planning to go to the bar this week end, we'll see how it goes

Maybe find another party time job that's more social. Working at a restaurant is a good way to meet people but may take a while to get close enough to them where they'll ask you out for a drink

good luck man
remember to act confident
you dont have to be confident
just act it
use phrases such as
see the thing is
nah actual though
wouldnt be the fuckin first time
what do you reckon though (conversation)
have you seen/done
who/what/when/where/why
lead off conversation
yep

Thanks user, I think I can handle the conversation thing. The hardest is to find opportunities to talk to strangers.

Since you mention your interests are reading and chess: join a book or chess club.

The easiest way to meet people as an adult (besides through your job) is to join a club of people who have the same interests.

Do not just go sit in the park reading a book. People will leave you alone, because you're reading and hence appear preoccupied.

I haven't been to a bar myself
I kind of just dislike the people there
Not cause I'm antisocial I just assume they're all fucking losers who don't get invited to parties so they go to bars

But I mean the general thing to do is literally "Let's go boys, yous seen/done/"
You know easy conversation starters
Probably easier cause parties but I'm sure if you act confident people will just assume you go to parties and the bar is a one off thing.

This is pretty good to watch
Helped me meet people and I'd like to think is one of the reasons I am the person I am now

youtube.com/watch?v=FOHuawIzEqs&t=1100s

Agreed. Find people who have similar interests as you so y'all have something to talk about it find new hobbies/interests and get involved in the local scene. I like to ride bikes and we have a social bike night. Great way to meet new people

I'm searching for a chess club on Google. But for a book club, I feel like there won't be many young peoples.

Won't know till you try and attend one.. You may be surprised

Yeh, nothing to lose anyway..

try meetup.com op?

You a kiwi?

Tried, its empty af.

Kiwi ?

Haven't found a book club, might as well create my own....

born in nz been in australia since 2011

haha could just tell from some of the language you used. Chur brudda

too true cuz
nah rest the cunts on here speak so soft and act like big words mean shit
soft cunts

That dude has no idea what he is doing. Sure he is confident. But that doesn't mean is approach is good in the least. You have to appeal to what the girl wants to do. If they are out meeting friends then they will deny your demands for them to go with you. You have to get to know most girls first before they will just randomly leave with you. That's why you chat them up for more than 10 seconds before laying on the "I wanna fuck your titties" vibe. Jesus christ. He has a good point but horrible execution.

This will only work on girls specifically out looking to fuck. Contrary to popular belief most girls won't be down to fuck after meeting for 10 seconds.

Its not for meeting girls but making friends

When he literally tells the girls he was wanting to flirt with them.

26 is a rough age op. most people are meeting people via work - post college it is a very different game, so everyone ( not just you ) are going through this.

well shit I have no idea. why not play chess with local people? Guarantee there is a club.

In france is it cool to just talk to people you meet? like when I lived in SF, I could literally make friends walking down the block and get invited to a party or w/e. But now I live in Phoenix and fucking no one will talk to you and you look like a freak.

looking up your city now.. how about wine tours. local wine bars would be fun. easy to meet people, and you can develop your palate.

Yeh, but it will be mostly old peoples.
Well you can talk to people you meet, it's ok but it's not really a thing.

Peoples my age are already in relationships, having dinner at friend's and shit... I'm so young yet when I see that I feel like I should feel so old.

Samefag. I don't even want a relationship, if I ever got into one, that would be just to stay busy, nothing serious.

social groups are more than about age - they are about interest. get some roots down in various places, and you will meet people your own age. I agree it is weird age - many people are married recently, having their first kids, etc.

Can you visit places by trains? How about travel around a bit and stay in hostels and shit on the weekend. definitely meet people that way. I mean I was into rave scene - so anywhere I traveled I could find at least one person online who knew local music and the scene.

Not really, I'd like to meet people that don't live far away. I think I might go for a walk this afternoon, look around if I can find something interesting.

Yeh, weird, I just don't understand this rush to commit. It makes me feel like I missed my shot or I'm immature for wanting to stay single.

>It makes me feel like I missed my shot or I'm immature for wanting to stay single.

uh no. never feel like that lol. I know what you mean, but fuck that. there will also be a wave of divorces coming up soon ( late 20s early 30s ) when all those people who got married at 21 hit the 7 year mark.

why does it matter where they live? besides, the more people you meet, the more connections you make. never know where that will take you. I was in hawaii once, hung out at a hostel - met some kids visiting - hung out with them, ended up eating ecstasy in 6 foot waves off the north shore - where we met a bunch of local military kids who were at a nearby park - who introduced us to some cool locals, etc etc etc

Because I would like to find a few friends I could hang out with on a regular basis. But if I ever get a shot to go somewhere I might do it anyway, as you say they may have connections with peoples who live around here.

see a bit of googling, and I find this

How does having a relatively small town of Dijon as your home base influence your music?

Dijon had a really intense techno life in the Nineties. It was hosting a lot of cool parties and we were a bunch of musicians that were playing almost every week in the summer months at small parties around the city. It was a really good time.

Read more: Interview - Vitalic: The French techno-electro producer on his latest LP Rave Age, the Dijon scene and choosing when to party - TNT Magazine
Follow us: @tntmagazine on Twitter | tntmag on Facebook

So I'd contact the guy, ask him what the scene is like now, etc etc.. not saying that is for you to do - just that meeting people doesn't need to be hard.

chess.com/clubs/members/lyon-echecs

boardgamegeek.com/thread/1257287/game-stores-dijon

Sadly Lyon is too far away. Heard of that gamestore, might aswell pass by

OK here, I have 2 neighbours, they are girls, was wondering If I could do something to befriend them, but since they are neighbours, I don't know, it might be awkward.