Is it actually possible to disprove the existence of God?

Is it actually possible to disprove the existence of God?

It's based on faith, m8. Was agnostic for 7 years until late march. Christian now, and I've experienced God's presence.
That alone can prove He exists, but it depends on whether you believe I'm telling the truth or not. You'd just have to experience it yourself, or just continue believing that he may or may not exists, or that he doesn't exist.

Describe how you experienced it

Whats known as a logic fallacy. Burden of proof.

>Was agnostic for 7 years

And now you are delusional for a further 7

I had a really vivid dream one night years ago, up until recently I asked god if that dream was from him or just another dream, I sat still and just cleared my mind... I felt this overwhelming love in my heart, it's indescribable feeling. The dream hasn't came to pass yet so only time will tell but I still have faith that it will change my life forever.

But we know that to be a load of shit. I one told a family a house was haunted, black family. And because they wanted to believe it, thru claimed they could feel the presence of a ghost, it scared them so bad they went and stayed at a hotel.

I told them this because their power had been shut off due to non payment and knew they were sitting in the dark

Ignore typos, I'm posting from my phone

Common motherfucking sense is proof enough for me. I don't care if you're going to be a moron sitting there believing in some horseshit, just don't use that as an excuse to do stupid shit to people, animals or the planet.

It sickens me that people associate fidget spinners with autism. I'll have you know that mastering the fidget spinner is no easy feat. You have no idea how much time, effort, and money I put into this passion of mine. I had to sell to three of my hghest quality vape pens and work additional hours at Best Buy in order to be able to afford the limited addition Triple Dragon Deluxe™ fidget spinner. You have no idea how long I trained to master the fidget spinner. Tell me, do you train for 8 hours a day, every day to perfect something you are "passionate" about? Didn't think so. And I'm not even done perfecting my form yet. You see, the fidget spinner is much more than a toy: it is the most unique and inspirational form of art of the 21st century only respected by the most intelligent people. I highly doubt that even the greatest "athletes" put as much time into perfecting their sport as we do into mastering the fidget spinner. Tell me, what "sport" requires as much concentration, effort, flexibility, and intellect than the art of performing the perfect spin? I'll answer that for you: none of them. I swear, if I ever hear someone associate fidget spinners with "autism" again, I will be more than willing to put then in the ground. I wouldn't fucking care if I was put in jail. I am willing to sacrifice my own well-being to defend not just my passion, but my life.

Burden of proof motherfuckers.

shut the fuck up, asshole. wrong thread

I started going back to church because I was thinking that maybe I lost my faith (I was catholic when I was a bab) because my grandmother was a crazy bible bitch that used religion as a punishment. Went to church with my (recently) ex girlfriend and I went to the altar call. I was standing there, before the altar and just started praying that he'd show me and forgive me if I was wrong. Then I felt this hand touch my shoulder. It felt like warm oil was placed onto my shoulder. There were people there, but only two behind me and they had their hand on my back, praying for me. Then I felt warmth and happiness that I've never felt before. It just took over my whole body, and I promise you, user, it was the happiest I've ever been in my entire life.
Still don't shove the bible down people's throats, but I get super hype when I sit in church. I just feel really happy sitting in there, and I feel really happy listening to our pastor (who preached, "love everyone for who they are. don't look at race, color, gender, or anything else. just love people because they're people.) being really excited about the bible and reading the scripture he has for us that sunday and explaining what it means and stuff. I also read the bible and I get that same level of happiness. It also helps when I'm sad. Praying does the same. Don't know how to explain it anyway else, really.
There was an experience I had with God, too, in church. I'm gonna sound fucking crazy for this, but, there's this thing called the baptism of the holy spirit. In the book of Acts in the bible, during the day of Pentecost, the holy ghost came down and filled the bodies of men and they started talking in tongues. I had that happen to me in church. I prayed that I would be filled with the holy spirit, and my knees got weak, my body started shaking, I fell to the ground, and I started speaking in tongues. It wasn't a scary experience. It was just like the other one.

I can prove that Spiderman exists. I cannot prove that God exists.

This is what we call "brainwashing".

Be a priest then.

how do you know you were speaking in tongues? if you had never done it before, you could have been just babbling incoherently.

You're retarded

Probably just drunk.

Do what I do.
Water fast. Small meal of fruits and veggies every 25-30 hrs.
On my 4 week. It's tough as hell at first but hunger will go away.

>That alone can prove He exists
Yeah, that's not how proof works. That's not what the word "proof" MEANS.

It sickens me that people associate fidget spinners with autism. I'll have you know that mastering the fidget spinner is no easy feat. You have no idea how much time, effort, and money I put into this passion of mine. I had to sell to three of my hghest quality vape pens and work additional hours at Best Buy in order to be able to afford the limited addition Triple Dragon Deluxe™ fidget spinner. You have no idea how long I trained to master the fidget spinner. Tell me, do you train for 8 hours a day, every day to perfect something you are "passionate" about? Didn't think so. And I'm not even done perfecting my form yet. You see, the fidget spinner is much more than a toy: it is the most unique and inspirational form of art of the 21st century only respected by the most intelligent people. I highly doubt that even the greatest "athletes" put as much time into perfecting their sport as we do into mastering the fidget spinner. Tell me, what "sport" requires as much concentration, effort, flexibility, and intellect than the art of performing the perfect spin? I'll answer that for you: none of them. I swear, if I ever hear someone associate fidget spinners with "autism" again, I will be more than willing to put then in the ground. I wouldn't fucking care if I was put in jail. I am willing to sacrifice my own well-being to defend not just my passion, but my life.

How many snakes have you let bite you?

See, but I didn't have anyone telling me anything, and I also was super skeptical doing so. I was curious and wanted to find out, and I found out in my own way.

None. lmao

When it comes to theology proof is a weird word to use on either side.
I felt a presence, it proved to me that He is real, but it may just prove to you that I'm a hallucinatory jackass.

I'm gonna sound crazy, but i feel you cannot really feel the Lord's love inside you until you have felt him remove the poison in your body. If you really want to be close to the Lord highly recommend it.

This is basic philosophy/critical thinking. You can't prove either, and no reasonable arguments can be put forth for either. Done.

>When it comes to theology proof is a weird word to use on either side.
No, it's just that morons keep misusing it.

>it proved to me
This is the shit I'm talking about. Proving things to yourself means nothing, you have to prove claims to everyone else.

nigga

We have proof that the earth is round
Yet people still believe that it's flat.
What sense of the word proof is there?
It proves it to a majority of people, but it doesn't prove it to others.

This is why aliens won't visit us. Millions of people still believing in voodoo things and zombie Jesus and no one gives a shit about science.

No, that is just pure retardation if you refuse to believe in proved things.

I don't think this is the same. Flat earthers fundamentally believe the proof is fabricated as part of a conspiracy. So they acknowledge the existence of the proof but are delusional.

That proof didn't come about by one person convincing HIMSELF, but by convincing OTHERS. See the difference?

Convincing people is not proof. Proof is just reasonable arguments supported by logic. It doesn't matter how many people believe something, or how little believe something, what matters is that it meets certain requirements in the realm of reason.

cant disprove there are unicorns somewhere in the universe , by random chance im sure they exist , you just need a planet similar to earth with armed horses

youre mentally sick

Well you have to convince people that your logic is sound and your proof is legitimate. That's how science works.
I know it's an oversimplification, but that was not the point anyway.

The omnipotence paradox does a pretty good job in my books. The issue with it is that religious people say that God is above all logic and human understanding. That seems like a cheap way out to me, but if we roll with it then we might as well drop logic entirely because apparently it has no basis in the divine.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but it is the believer who is making the extraordinary claim ( that there is an unseen supreme being), so the burden of proof is on the believer. e.g. If you said "I can fly, prove - I can't" - I say " show me ". Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - bitches.

Which is why I think the argument that a god defies all logic is a cheap way out. We invented logic as a mathematically pure way of deducing things. A god who is above logic would have to somehow overcome mathematical law.

yes.

the requirement for epistemic certainty is illegitimate - we do not require that in any other walk of life. the level of proof required in science should suffice - and God (any supernatural entity) fails to meet it. Given the lack of any physical evidence, and the lack of any plausible explanation of how sucha thing could exist, it is reasonable to conclude that such things do not exist.

the fantasist (theist, unicorn believer, etc) relies on a strict notion of proof that we cannot actually apply to anything - you can sk them why they believe gravity exists, or that they are a human being, or there is anything outside this room, or that the room exists - that they are not brains in vats or computer simulations, or how they know they exist at all - they lack the existential certainty that they are demanding of the atheist.

so, ok, you can make unreasonable demands, and deny that you know anything - or you can make reasonabledemands and accept you know things, including that God, Gods, god, gods, and other fantasy beings do not exist.

now piss off and stop wasting bandwidth and generating CO2 with this crap.

>Is it actually possible to disprove the existence of God?

First:
Which god?

And what do you mean disprove? There is no proof to begin with, if there was, what the fuck is all this faith for?

OR, it's a big waste of time only serving to slow our progress out of fear. Christianity did play a positive roll as the Roman empire collapsed, but the subsequent dark ages retarded our development by at least 600 years.

>Proof is just reasonable arguments supported by logic

user, society has reached full circle stage where most major concepts (to avoid saying ''everything'') are getting broken down to the very basics. People's desire to progress in some way, any way, makes them go back to square one.

Deny and reject everything. Re-do and reconfigure everything.
You'll see what I'm talking about in the following years.

This dumbass probably has no concept of an Agnostic Atheist. He thinks he knows what all atheists think or say, when in reality he has no idea.

It's all play acting on his part. He's like a 5 year.

Scientific advancement, perhaps, but it played a huge part in creating the arts. I used to be a chorister, and honestly some of the music which was inspired by Christianity is breathtaking.

Descartes is having a wet dream hearing you say this

>IMPLYING.jpg

such a classic

is it actually possible to disprove the existence of anything ?

According to the religions that believe in one true god (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and derivatives thereof), god is good and god created everything.

However, if god created everything, then god created evil and suffering.
If god created evil and suffering, god cannot be god, but must be evil.
If god didn't create evil and suffering, then god cannot have created everything.

Therefore, logic dictates, that god does not exist, and the established religions are lying.

According to Descartes, no. Everything you know is based on your senses telling you what's around you. How can you ever know they're correct?

In short, you can't, but if you're going to spend your life panicking about the validity of your senses you might as well end it all now and save yourself the bother.

Yes I can disprove God.
So, assuming God is all powerful and created the entire universe. It would seem to be that if God is all powerful, he would be able to create a force in the universe so powerful that he could not control it. If he is all powerful, then he can control all force. Thus a logical fallacy is created, disproving the existence of an all powerful god.

that was a rhetorical question to make op realize that disproving the existence of god is as impossible than disproving the existence of leprechaun or unicorn, and yet no one believe in them.

this

>inb4 who the f is Deswhatever

The most mathsy proof of God's existence that i know of is by Kurt Gödel, but it proves the existence of a God that most likely isn't anyone's.

If we required every idea to be disproven, rather than requiring that they be proven like sane people, we'd still be pissing in pots under our bed and bleeding people with colds, you fucking piece of living shit.

I swear to god, religion is a form of mental retardation.

Yes. God would not make niggers.

Burden of proof, nigger.

when it comes to faith, proof/evidence is subjective

It's real cause without it u can't prove anything else also if u can think of something than it exists in some way

Can you disprove the existence of an omnipotent being? Of course not.
It could just edit reality in any way it saw fit to keep itself both unknown and unknowable, thus lack of evidence is not evidence of lack.

But to presume existence without evidence is, of course, fucking stupid.

Stop trollthreds and post something original pls

>proof/evidence is subjective

That's what feminists believe also

It is true that no one can prove God exists or not but why does it matter if God dose or doesn't?

/thread