Frankly, in 2015, when i joined, this board was a little better, what's happening?

Frankly, in 2015, when i joined, this board was a little better, what's happening?

Just imagine thinking that 2015 was good Sup Forums, how fucking sad that you will never know 2009 summer of ITAOTS Sup Forums.

what's wrong user

i fell in love

2015 was fucking shit of a year, i hope you're joking. In my opinion 2012-13 was even worse in some aspects compared 2014-17

i remember less fucking threads about grimes

people keep talking about less and less artists/styles as the time goes by...

>eight years
>eight
>years

hey i see connection there

Fuckin this

This quite frankly.
I cant understand what does she have that anons dont stop posting about her, really, doesnt the topic get stale?

as long as they keep their stuff contained in their general im ok, after all its music

2009/2010 Sup Forums were the glory days, the constant shitshow of ITAOTS, MBDTF getting a 10, and SYLVIAAAAAA were great. I miss those days.

It's exactly the same as it ever was

If K-Pop and Grimes bother you that much just hide the thread or filter the shit.

Fucking babies.

>I miss those days.
Was pretty fun, wasn't it?

The amount of MBDTF posting was ludicrous then, and when Yeezus leaked, this board was a fucking mess. More shitposting than DAMN. for a while. But overall I've always liked this board and I think a lot of people forget that there's a hide button

Fuck Witchfinder you still exist?! How's Cassandra Gemini?

What happened to this board man? What happened?

k-pop isn't using us to sell records

Used to think I had friends on Sup Forums then.

A lot of it was thanks to Fantano, not even being ironic.

It totally was a community back then, sharethreads and genre threads had tons of repeat posters.

Even the shitposting tripfags were great, CLT, Lewis and the like.

>How's Cassandra
She's good. Things are good.

>What happened?
Sup Forums gained popularity due to Kanye leaks, Fantano, the AWK and Deadmouse Q&As, etc...

I know it sounds ridiculous to some, but this board used to be like a nice quiet little corner of the internet. Where you could discuss music with like-minded devotees who were into the same things you were. It had a tight sense of community.

>2015 Sup Forums
>good
if anything it's better now when it comes to shitposting since there's less of it

certainly less entertaining though

>tfw used to take pride in my mediafire account
And sharethreads weren't just mass dumps, some people just wanted others to listen to an album they liked.

>there's less of it
what are you talking about? there's more now. and the mods deleted the actual funny stuff like mark posting and CRUSH stuff. but furry threads get left up for an hour and off topic shit reaches bump limit

There was a much bigger group of shitposters and trolls who fucked around with the board back then tho.

Aaron, xus, Unofficial Helper, unty (was he 2015 or 2016?) and a whole other load of people were part of boardwide shitposting

heck even I was a shitposter under various names until I got bored of the stuff and stopped

keep in mind that TPAB was also released that year and boy did that rustle some people

maybe I'm just more ignorant of board culture know tho

still, all I see is people doing the same shitposts every day as opposed to 2015's shitposting which was not that interesting compared to the people who shitposted before it (Hampus, Lazare, The Tourist, Weebteam, etc.) but much more interesting than what I see now

I guess 2015 was really the year where I paid a great deal of attention to the board culture of the time since I was sort of a part of it in an immature and stupid way

Sup Forums in general just complains about sjw's cucks, pc culture, and libtards at this point.

Sup Forums doesnt even know about all the newest best shit out anymore.

Good about Cassandra. Hope you're well too dude!

I think the MBDTF -> Yeezus saga blew Sup Forums up from a board like /lit/ to one like Sup Forums. Started bringing more people to Sup Forums and the board shifted to a more hip-hop/memerap/mumblerap focus ever since. Not that there is a problem with Hip-Hop but the lack of diversity in threads may have made some of the old Sup Forumstants stop visiting.

Back in 09/10 I felt Sup Forums was mainly 1 big community, Black Metal posters, Freak Folk posters and Alice Glass Waifufags discussing in the same threads. Now it seems like a club house with little groups huddled in each corner hissing at each other whenever they see another's thread.

Almost forgot how the board was when The King of Limbs released too. So many memories.

Sup Forums has steadily been losing posters since 2013. so hopefully that means it won't be long before we're going to have our secret club back.

It was shit then too

Came here in 2012 and it still sucked
The more things change the more they stay the same

>Was pretty fun, wasn't it?
It was despite everything

Correct, this also includes shitty meta posts like OP's.

literally you being here made it worse. dumb fuck

I wasn't here when what.cd closed, were there a lot of threads about it?

These kind of nostalgia threads about of Sup Forums have always existed since I began lurking this board, but i muat admit that i see less movement in here (I was away for a year).

Goddamit I miss those Alice Glass' threads. These new waifus have no substance.

I wonder what nostalgia for 2017 will be like. I don't think anything too noteworthy has happened yet but I still don't pay too much attention to current board culture so idk. Fuck, I don't even know what to reminisce about for 2016.

>"Remember those musician deaths that felt really bad"

that's all I can think of right now desu

>Frankly, in 1987, when i joined, this board was a little better, what's happening?

What's Sylviaaaa?
I think I might have an idea.

I remember that a month ago desu...

Hospice
>tfw still haven't listened to it because of all the hate it got when I first came here

SYYYYLLLLLLLVIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE OVEN

Just like everything else with Sup Forums nowadays, the nostalgia will probably be limited to generals.

e.g. the RYM threads will reminisce on the time that some boyish looking girl with down syndrome gave Abbey Road a 0.5.

Fair enough. Not gonna lie, generals are why I've been mostly ignorant to the current board culture. Is there really anything new going on right now that's different from the same shitposting we've had for years?

it was exciting because music was more exciting.

multiple new sounds all came out in a short span of years from like 07-2012.

ever since then its kinda just been more of the same.

waifuism never gets old to fags

Not really. Just more of the same shit.

>it was exciting because music was more exciting to you
fixed

at least, for me

music isn't nearly as exciting as it was when I first came to Sup Forums desu

I remember those days when almost everything I listened to was a favorite or at least a potential favorite of mine

even when my current favorite album of all time first clicked with me it wasn't the same as listening to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea when it clicked or Remain in Light

fuck, I miss when I thought music was more exciting desu

but eh nothing I can really do about it
welp

Oh, man.

Music was so exciting back then. I remember going through all of the top RYM albums and absolutely loving them. Even some shitty indie bands that I was finding were super exciting and fun to discover.

Now I'm jaded as fuck and hate everything.

This is the Sup Forums effect. And now you'll never leave.

Same thing happening with the rest of the site. Underaged ironic shitposting. Now try having been here for many more years before this garbage.

Oh, and lets not forget fucking politics, killing discussion on literally every board.

Dont bother tripfag