Name something more badass than vikings

Name something more badass than vikings

Other urls found in this thread:

jstage.jst.go.jp/article/ase/118/2/118_091007/_pdf
youtu.be/EDkoj932YFo?t=371
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Considering that we have remarably little evidence on how the vikings lived i'd assume that they were little more than tribes with a strange fascination for dying on boats.
I'd probably go with gladiators of the roman empire.

Nigga what.jpg? Vikings, or the Norse tribes and their ancestors as they are fucking called are well known. Especially since their history is documented. the 10th century being their golden age. We have sagas, poems, historical writing, and archaeological evidence on how they lived. Shit tons of it. This isn't to say they are cooler but to say you need to fucking educate yourself.

Thanks user

I think the Vikings were pretty BA but they had nothing on the Huns

a gun. no point being badass if it doesnt help you

That photo looks dope as fuck

ITT: Cucked swedes whose country is raveged by mudslims and criminals. LOL fucking niggers. my country may be poor as shit and full of gypsies but at least- actually i take that bad my country is just as bad as you but at least we were always the worst country in the EU....

Nice game

Gladiators were not a warrior class, they were for entertaining

>educate yourself.
Hm, i thought the only notable things actually preserved from that time was a sword, a number of spear heads and a piece of a helmet. On the other hand - school only taught be about Hitler and a little bit of the roman empire, so i might have to read up something of this.

Samurai

Im norwegian, not swedish :^^^^^^)

Ninjas are the best you faggots

I wouldn't see that as a down side.

Berserkers.
Checkmate.

AIDS

> responsible for the most nigger deaths
> bad fucking ass

Why did Romans train their legions to fight, instead of sending gladiators. it's like US sending Hollywood to invade Iraq

Mongol steppe warriors were much stronger,

Checkmate.

The Praetorian Guard

Vikings were pussies. They only raided and sacked villages. They would have no chance against a regular army. They're nothing but glorified thieves.

The english knights that defeated them and ended the viking age.

I'm not saying they're better fighters, but i'd assume it requires more individual strength and skill to fight big ass animals and humans with ever canging equipment that often barely qualifies as a weapons while trying to make it look as entertaining as possible.

I guess carnies are pretty badass.

Gladiators were notoriously unreliable unless they were surrounded by legions. Think of it like this...

You have a war to fight, so you arm all the violent prisoners in the US and ship them off to a far away place... The very second they see a clear opening, they are gone. The only way to keep them in the fight was to surround them with legions on 3 sides, and enemy to the front, and even then they still might turn on you when the enemy is gone

/thread

Except for when they almost wiped out Britain, and were contracted as mercenaries by multiple European armies until said mercenaries settled down and assimilated into their respective country. Also funny how the grandfather of William the Conqueror was a Viking who was given land in Normandy in exchange for helping to fight off other Vikings, but I guess that was unnecessary since the Vikings were "nothing but glorified thieves."

Samurai were gay as fuck. I lost a battle better kill myself.

There's a shit ton of leavings and descriptions

>Smashes through your shield wall

Honestly,The Cataphracts should have been included in "For Honor"

>Berserkers
>no armor
Pretty sure they would die really fast

Portuguese

While they could be called gay for a variety of reasons this isn't one of them.

They did that because a good samurai never lost a battle. a good samurai vs a good Viking the samurai wins everytime.

The Varangian Guard

This. The only other acceptable answer would be the Spartan 300.

Both were raised from birth to do only 1 thing, and that was to protect the King/Emperor. Their daily life was nothing but training, fighting, and killing food, so they could train and fight more. If it didnt have to do with killing someone or someone, they had servants to do it for them

Please

Samurai are overrated pieces of trash. Only idolized by weebs like you

space vikings?

A viking with a burning sword.

>mercenaries
So they didn't conquer anything they were just used to fight other peoples battles. You just made it worse. No strategy no regular army and no conquest. Pretty shitty army of you ask me

However, the Praetorian Guard killed their Emperor a couple of times depending on who payed the most.
They were even 'in command' sometimes.

Someones getting his knowledge from for honor.

So a Japanese fleet rekt a carrack?

Badass hierarchy
>Vikings
>Celtics
>Spartans
>Barbarians
>Samurai

Prove me wrong.

Well,If you lose several hundred men...

>Name something more badass than vikings
Alien Ninja Vikings From Space

>didn't read the OP
Let me help you with that:
>more badass

Now, unless you're horribly illiterate, you'll notice that OP doesn't say "that would survive for longer in a fight".

The samurai's speed made him a formidable warrior and the katana could pierce steel armor
bitch ill fucking rek you in for honor
switch Vikings with samurai and you're onto something

The Holocaust

Well obiously Polish Hussars, fuck yea!

CCCP Red Army

lit. a bad ass.

>and the katana could pierce steel armor
Which is why a number of japanese skeletons from that age is full of fucking dents and scratches - right?
bones > steel > katana
jstage.jst.go.jp/article/ase/118/2/118_091007/_pdf

ISIS

Fast slashing attack =/= stabbing attack

I know you dont belive that op.

That's still gay. If you lose a fight then train and learn from your mistakes and become a better fighter.
If you really want to die honorably then martyrdom is way better than suicide

Nah bro, it's because the bones are Japanese so it was folded over 9000 times in the womb

Japanese skeleton>Yuropoor steel

Jesus you weeaboo cunts are fucking autistic. Katanas really aren't the godtier swords you hello kitty faggots make them out to be. Japanese metal was very low quality, and the only reason they were forged the way they were was because that's the only way the swords could be used in combat. Also, Samurai armour was heavy as fuck (more so than a European knight), so they definitely were not fast.

Norwegian Vikings ^^

Badass berserker gets killed by a stray arrow.
Wow such a badass

so let me try like this
youtu.be/EDkoj932YFo?t=371

No curved sword can pierce steel armor.

holy fuck, can i get some information about this?

>doesn't have the balls to walk into combat without armor
>"lol they really aren't badass guise"

Show me you can aspire to levels of badassery like that, then maybe you'll have a valid opinion.

steel beams can melt jet fuel

Oi cunt those are nords from Mount&Blade not vikings.
If you're gonna get a pic from a game at least one with vikings on.

not as gay as dying to a complete scrub, they believed in the afterlife
sweet fuck you're dumb, have you never seen a samurai in a kimono? blindingly fast, not even ninjas could match a master samurai's speed.

>7
Polish Winged Hussars were one of the main types of the cavalry in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth between the 16th and 18th centuries. It was an elite polish cavalry, there are lots of videos on YouTube covering the topic.

Thanks! I will check it out

Winged Hussars were one of the main types of the cavalry in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth between the 16th and 18th centuries. When this cavalry type was first introduced by the Serbian and Hungarian mercenary horsemen at the beginning of the 16th century, they served as light cavalry banners in the Polish army; by the second half of the 16th century and after Stephen Báthory's reforms, hussars had been transformed into heavily armored shock cavalry. Until the reforms of the 1770s, the husaria banners were considered the elite of the Polish cavalry.

Check out Battle of Kirchholm or Siege of Vienna 12/10

That's a retarded argument. It's common sense to equip yourself as best as you can. Would you call a soldier who charges the enemy with a broken sword a badass? No you would call him an idiot

I recommend the Battle of Hodów. Sometimes called the Polish Thermopylae

/someone else
But i'd say that it requires more courage to charge enemies without sufficient equipment.

There are shitloads of battles, winged hussars are fuckin godlike

Ulm conquering all of the HRE

that guy was no samurai and he got half an inch into the armor, this video clearly shows the superiority of the katana.
You've obviously never heard of the gatotsu technique used by the wolf of mibu, Hajime Zaito

>common sense dictates-
Oh gee, I didn't realize this was a debate about the most sensical soldiers. Let me just check the OP again...

Hmm... Nope. Doesn't say anything about common sense. user, are you illiterate? Do you need to see an optometrist and get your eyes checked?

As a large framed fellow of swedish ancestry.

I cannot.

Sup Forums pls

Nah man. Plenty of history on them.

They caused french feudalism because they were so damn terrifying.

Yes it would require more courage. But to deliberatley charge the enemy without proper equipment is still retarded. If your sword broke in battle but you still press on then that's courage. Charging naked towards the enemy because only 'cool guys' do it is dumb.

they're jsut glorified niggers of the north :
can't grow shit or produce wealth by themselves, just pillaging village of european civilisation and rape women.
I guess Sweden didn't changed that much so

>get killed in one strike
> badass
You're right it's totally badass to lose against any soldier. But you get coolguy points so there's that

>only because "cool guys"
Ok, then. So you just straight up can't read whatsoever. Neat.

Say, user, if you're just going to fucking argue things no one is saying, should we award you for all of those straw men? I heard they're out standing in their fields.

>just pillaged and shit.

Kind of have to when agriculture options arent so hot in your fatherland

>nothing changed

Scandinavian countries have held top spots in the hdi for decades. Id say theyve done fine.

They also had a eugenics phase in the 20th century they arent incredibly proud of but.. They did well.. Probably a factor.

when you save the thumbnail and enlarge is essentially the internet version of falling down stairs and walking away like you meant it.

Vikings were shit. They had the same steel weapons and armor as everyone around them, only they attacked unarmed civilians and fled from most conflict in which gold wasn't involved.

At best they were bandits, at worst they were terrorists.

Mongols at least, built a fucking empire, and everyone was too terrified to rebel against them even if they were 10,000 miles away

you can move to a better place and conquer it if you have to instead of being a nig

Should you be out of the closet user? Seeing as you like naked warriors and call them badass. Do you like ass?

>illiterate
>unable of advanced production or art beyond bone and wood carving
>surprisingly bad steel
>religiously fanatic to the point of absolute self-abandonment
>main source of luxury goods is stealing from tiny foreign villages because nobody knows how to produce anything of worth or beauty

Fucking curry niggers behind a command prompt are more badass than that.

>berserkers always lost in a single strike
First strawmen, now THIS? user, your logic is fucked. Go ahead and just stop replying. You can come back when you've read this entire site and can tell me what fallacy that was right there.
www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com