Fuck Sup Forums why didn't you warn me about this

Fuck Sup Forums why didn't you warn me about this.

I don't understand how people thought this shit was emotionally powerful

"oh wow my parent died" big fucking whoop, are you an adult who can cope with that fact or are you just a teenager who wallows in that shit in lieu of actual problems

for fuck's sake I have not found a single person who thinks this album is great that is emotionally mature, all a bunch of cuck'd white dudes

honestly I could totally see one of you white dudes showing this to your one black friend and saying "this is some EMOTIONALLY powerful music" as soon as he talks about fucking masturbating like a goddamn faggot

uh this, its seriously so melodramatic and lame. Just a lifeless piece of shit, same thing with the last radiohead album

This. However, I have felt emotion from this album but it's always happy and cozy ones. It doesn't sound sad to me.

It's the most poignantly, upliftingly depressive thing I've ever heard.

It doesn't need to be any more complex, this is the perfect guitar folk album for our generation.

>for our generation
you've probably been considering suicide for a few days, why not do it already

that's a bit harsh I'm sorry

but fuck you dude

I'm happy.

But sure, put me down if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Also, if you don't "get" Carrie & Lowell, it's probabaly because you don't have the empathetic capability of understandI have the album. No need to be a salty dick :)

see

* understanding the album

Honestly, you guys fail to understand that a 40 year old man made this album. It wasn't made for the intention of "le sad indie album" its grown up fucking emotions for people who want to listen to songs with stimulating messages, atmosphere, songwriting, and melodic tendencies. It's a flawless record to me, agree to disagree but one day when you're emotionally more "in touch" this album may strike a different chord with you

>"oh wow my parent died" big fucking whoop
You must be fun at funerals

>its grown up fucking emotions
>plays F chord
>"uhhh...shit I guess I masturbated yesterday"
>plays Bb minor chord

yeah that's a song I'll call it "Drawn to the Blood" I guess

you know what I can get? people crying to Nick Drake. At least he's talking about actual sorrow. Not being a teenager.

You are the definition of Pleb

Disgusting taste if you really think mumble folk > Sufjan

then i fucking hate my generation

I'm sorry what, Sufjan is more patrician than Nick Drake?

so this is your first year on here or something? I bet you still have a last.fm and everything so adorable

Been here since 2013, but just saying Sufjan >>>>>>> Nick Drake

Nick Drake is a poor mans Robbie Basho. Robbie Basho is a poor mans Joanna Newsom.

Suffy is better than all of them. He's just not the most "skilled musician". His writing and arrangements are just 2nd to none, bitch

IM RICK JAMES

Nick Drake was around BEFORE Robbie Basho you idiot
>Robbie Basho poor man's Joanna
30 years before Joanna you moron

>His writing and arrangements are just 2nd to none, bitch
Except Steve Reich who he almost completely takes from. But I'm sure you're VERY knowledgeable from listening to the essential chart. Even if you can't even read music...

you're not intelligent enough to understand the lyrics on this album, not that its so hard

>Nick Drake is a poor mans Robbie Basho. Robbie Basho is a poor mans Joanna Newsom.
yeah and animal collective are a poor mans AC/DC

>"You can't compare different generations"
Bitch, I just did. Don't wine. Fahey, Ochs, Dylan, etc. came b4 Nick Dick

> Sufjan rips off Steve Reich

Niggah Wot. Now it's bait

who tf is supposed to be fun at a funeral

yeah masturbation is 2intelligent

Oh also I read music. Play drums, Piano, harmonica, and sing. But thanks for you're judgey input. It really makes you look like an intellectual

>Niggah Wot. Now it's bait
have you even listened to Steve Reich lmao
listen to the final track of Illinois and compare it to "Pulses" from MF18M
wow, you can poorly do a lot of things. Nice!

Yes I've listened to Reich. The fact you would compare those 2 artists has helped me to understand you're stupidity a little more. I see more similarities with Reich and Hecker/Basinski

Neither of them have any compositional similarity to Reich. Reich is based on polyrhythmic repetitions in poly chordal harmonies

The two if those "drone" artists make shit

C&L remains a fantastic album despite what counterculture edgelords like to think.

Anybody who says it isn't an emotional album is objectively wrong

It's a good album, that's it.
Sorry that you're still embedded in p4k culture

t. 17 year old

>you're stupidity

They are

kek

>33 replies
>13 posters

phew I was worried for a sec, glad to know Sup Forums still likes this album