Found footage

I've seen Blair Witch, REC, Paranormal Activity and Cloverfield. What found footage movies do you recommend, both inside and outside the horror genre?

Hardcore Henry

Just seeing those should've been enough to convince you the genre/format/style is worthless.

The Borderlands

Check it out. It was just alright throughout, but the ending was pretty scary if you're claustrophobic

It's a Horror movie btw

As Above, So Below

I'd definitely recommend lake mungo. Others might mention noroi: the curse, and while it has a few interesting parts, it just doesn't really do anything to stand out from the rest of the found footage pack.

I've to see one that didn't have at least one significant flaw, but I really feel like there's huge potential that maybe hasn't been realised yet. I could be wrong.

No, it's terrible. Cliche and badly acted. Ninety percent of the scares are nothing. As in, literally nothing. They'll throw a loud bang into the soundtrack and a smash cut to...one of their friends showing up.

Cannibal Holocaust
The Visit

Grave Encounters

Noroi: The Curse

The occult aspects and claustrophobic setting did it for me. It was more unnerving than scary. Personally I find almost all horror genre movies to be poorly acted.

The visit is okay

VHS wasn't terrible. The only good found footage movie is BWP

Trollhunter

Europa Report!

kek I'd rather watch Mirror's Edge playthroughs on Youtube thanks

This.

But also End of Watch

Megan is missing.

The Tunnel

>Noroi: The Curse

Jesus fucking christ no. OP if there's one recommendation to ignore it's this one.

Good build up and then.....lmao. Absolute piece of shit.

Blair witch and rec 1+2 are pretty much the only good ones.

The dirties for a non-horror.

This needs a sequel, especially after that ending.

Most boring, useless movie in history.

The Last Exorcism.

Not a fan of horror or found footage, but found this quite engrossing as it felt more like a mystery and a genuine documentary.

It has a sequel which I have never seen, but which replaces the found footage style with more traditional filming.

CTRL+F

>TRASH HUMPERS

T R A S H H U M P E R S

PURE KORINE KINO™

Watch these

The Dirties
Creep
Area 51, is an okayish movie

Don't watch these

Also forgot about Grave Encounters, the first one the second one is a piece of shit, but your choice my man

Jeruzalem (2015)
Mindless fun.

I didn't watch the movie. Why is he in the corner?

Willow Creek
Lake Mungo (more faux-documentary than found footage)
Zero Day
End of Watch

Seconding The Borderlands.
Seconding Lake Mungo.

The YouTube webseries Stone Bees

Is this like that 'don't look at the moon' creepy webm

not really. faux doc about a cult

he's been naughty

>not concrete giraffes

I didn't name it

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County
it's based on a real case
no it's not

>Others might mention noroi: the curse, and while it has a few interesting parts, it just doesn't really do anything to stand out from the rest of the found footage pack.
holy fuck user fuck you you motherfuck

Taking of Deborah

read House of Leaves