What is wrong with Older Millennial Men and Women (Gen Y)?

What is wrong with Older Millennial Men and Women (Gen Y)?

I'm turning 30 this year, and I find that of this list, many of my male friends hit all or 90% of these points:
>no money saved up
>fiscally independent
>either overloaded with debt and bills
>or have no debt but blow money on manchild hobbies
>not married
>don't own property
>have no desire to have kids
>have girlfriends who run their lives and wear the pants
>live with roommates, on their own, or at their girlfriend's
>still do drugs and like to brag about being beer snobs
>are content working part-time or labor jobs
>thought college was a waste of money and time
>practically computer illiterate
>flip flop on politics between being extreme Trump supporters to "eat the rich" Berners
>have no 10 year plan, no less 5 year or 1 year plan. None of them know "what they want to be when they grow up" still

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IciwMuoiDUM
euractiv.com/section/social-europe-jobs/opinion/europe-needs-low-skilled-migrant-workers-too/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

none of the shit your meme arrows highlight fucking matters.

this generation used the internet to discover the truth about music, religion, and politics

>everyone is going to die anyways & none of this materialistic bullshit matters whatsoever

Spend all money on traveling, great food, great company, and the "manchild" hobbies you enjoy

What do you mean by this?

I'm much less concerned with people hitting 30 than I am with gen z/YouTube reaction video generation

I know people in their 40's and 50's who live like this.
So, why worry? even if you make plans, life will adjust them for you.

Lol what? You're computer illiterate?

I'm recently 30, only these are true

>not married
>don't own property

this

The kids today are gonna be the total wankers of the future

Never
Grew
Up

Literally children.

We are a generation raised on the concept of being special precious snowflakes. From the day you are born you are told that worrying about all this adult-shit is just going to ruin your life. The result is a massive group of people who simply don't give a shit and are happy with smoking weed.

Is it a problem? No, not really. Every generation throughout history has a group of people who never amounted to more than working at the local supermarket. These people are necessary for society to function.

The biggest difference between this generation and the previous one is the fucking sense of entitlement. That low effort often results in low results is a concept that crushes the special snowflake mentality millennials are raised with. Can't wait until automation kicks in and alle the low-wage jobs seize to exist.

>and alle the low-wage jobs seize to exist.
I was wondering about that. What will happen to us then? Oh god maybe they force us to care for the old and disabled....

>no money saved up
Its almost like the market got kicked out from under them and the old won't leave.
>fiscally independent
See above
Trade schools got shit on. School loans will rape you if mom/dad/scholarship doesn't support you.
Because those high divorce rates are so encountering.
>not married
See above
>don't own property
Almost all the jobs are in expensive as fuck places that nobody wants to stay in.
See marriage
PC cucking
Only way to survive thanks to prices
>still do drugs and like to brag about being beer snobs
Losers like any generation
Fuck non drones mirite?
>practically computer illiterate
Happens. Not everyone knows shit about cars either
>flip flop on politics between being extreme Trump supporters to "eat the rich" Berners
>have no 10 year plan, no less 5 year or 1 year plan. None of them know "what they want to be when they grow up" still
Just like every generation.

Glad you got your life together. Some of us had a more difficult time. I'm kind of what OP described but I'm just more of a late bloomer I guess.

Making excuses.

The first step to making a change is to stop making excuses. Stop being a victim.

About all jobs that pay under 20$ an hour will seize to exist. Old jobs seize to exist, but new arise. One solution is basic income and another is making people specialize even further in terms of education/abilities. Make kids pick early on what they wanna do in life (although i see the problem in making a child take that desicion).

My biggest concern is this piece of shit generation taking all kinds of stupid fucking degrees and expecting a job (lib-art etc.). Vast majority of students don't understand that these "educations" exist so colleges can rob you of that sweet subsidized government money. They don't exist so that you can get a job, but so that the ones who originally wouldn't study see a "fun" degree and throw money at the school.

And this is bad?

Half my friends have bit the dust and pressured to settle down and marry. Now they're in their late 20's with kids, pets and mortgage while I'm still enjoying the golden years, traveling, partying etc. and living life to it's fullest. I'll settle down in my 30's but no need to rush life, everybody has different gears and pace user.

You sound a lot like my pseudo-happy and jealous friends, probably bc you are.

I'm turning 30 this year so lets see how many of these I can check off my list.
>got money (inheritance)
>yeah parents are dead
>who doesn't have debt or bills (how the fuck do YOU pay your electric?)
>I like playstation
>I am married
>own a house
>don't want kids for fear they will grow up like you
>wife makes me a sandwich whenever or else she has to get a job and I will kick her out
>Does my wife count as roommate
>Well aren't you a fucking saint
>I work full-time
>My masters got me ahead of everyone else and is what got me hired so no
>You mean this thing I'm typing on
>Trump gets it done
>Why would I grow up? I'm already an adult.

>objective facts are now excuses
WEW

ive been using tinder for a bit and noticed the following of the 50% that look human on there:
>About 1/3 of qt3.14s in their 20s have kids, (never seen an interracial one, did Sup Forums lie?). They are looking for someone to hold the brats for a couple of hours and fund their meagre wants. Generally pleasant, and happy with your less than perfect self as they fully know what life is like.
>Another third have wasted their existences traveling and now are looking for someone to fund either the middle class existence they were brought up in or a continuation of their endless summer. You will have difficulty here unless you own a super yacht, very little sense of reality.
>About half of the last third are plain janes looking for someone to hug and have ugly children with. I empathise and will probably end up with one. Could be worse and they can probably cook.
>The rest have either ruined their appearance by looking like umpa-lumpas, or have visible tattoos, metal in their faces or fucked up haircuts.

>Was a good student
>Got scholarships
>Went to in-state tuition university

I didn't pay a god damned dime for my undergrad because I'm not a retard and planned things out.

>don't own property
Both have no importance if you are red pilled.
You will likely inherit what your parents have, you can live with them(which is healthier and more beneficial economically). You can lay off children till 40s or all together if you don't feel like it.Likely by 50s you will be able to clone yourself anyway.
>>have no 10 year plan, no less 5 year or 1 year plan
What are you on about? I lived under communism and they had 5-year plans.

Because if you're not spending all your money on a woman, you're a manchild, kek

I'm a millennial, born in 1993. Here are a few things:

I have to to live

I have to work to put myself through community college and transfer

>not married
women aren't interested in serious relationships, and especially not with somebody who isn't extremely successful. They aren't even interested in men who are on the come-up. It looks like a purely economic exchange and I think that's turning men away. Not to mention that before you buy the cow, its milk is being sampled by dozens and dozens. There are plenty of articles and books on that, and you should read some. I think marriage and monogamy, and the whole idea of the nuclear family (as much as it pains me to say) is just obsolete in the 21st century.

>live with roommates
makes it ezpz to save money and pay for auto, school, health insurance, etc.

>"eat the rich" Berners
I've been an extreme leftist since I could form political opinions. You can only be a moderate if you're content with the current political situation. It should tell you something about how bad it is that Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have had such a successful running.

>don't own property
Because the cost skyrocketed

I don't know about people who just never came up with any plans, but some of us really have to think on our feet. There's awful mobility and poor prospects in the first place so you have to have a plan B, a plan C, a plan D, and still expect that those will all most likely fall through. I think other people my age, and probably older too, are under the impression that their compatriots are responsible for all of their financial problems and economic troubles. In reality, globalism is just driving all wages down when we crack open the immigration main into the country. Abundance without demand = worthless.

baby boomers sucked genx and millenials dry and turned everything into shit. so why even try anymore?

What are you even trying to say with this? The only option you left out is living with parents.

>not married
>don't own property
And what are they supposed to do with their money if they don't want to have a family? And very little have property with 30 without a huge loan and debts.

If you neither work in the field you studied nor use it for contacts and general education college IS a waste of money and time

>have no 10 year plan, no less 5 year or 1 year plan.
A 10 year plan is retarded if you have a part-time job, it only make sense if you have a career.
The problem with people 25~30 are not the stupid points you listed, but their lack of higher values and/or faith which causes them. Because they are all narcissists, like you you little faggot who thinks he is better because he has a 10 year plan for his life that is worth shit.

Another thing is that you say millennials are all doing drugs and drinking. This is anecdotal but it seems to me like there are far more teetotals and people who don't do drugs from my generation. It's just not something they're vocal about. People never want to just tell you how they don't drink or smoke or take any drugs, but people always want to tell you when they do.

Nice to see someone taking the time to roast the older millennials who act like they're some kind of exception to the generation gap. Can't stand those burnouts who act like they're in a special in-between category where they're more like Generation X because they were teens in the '90s.

Interesting take - that the attitude of "snowflake millennials" is actually the equivalent of a market correction.

I tend to agree on that, as I've thought it silly the belief that's held since the 80s or so that every kid should get a college degree, as we need manual laborers in far higher quantity than we need professionals.

The entitlement mentality, however, is a problem. Most millennials tend to assume that their "talents" ("I'm quirky and creative!") and a meaningless degree qualify them for a six-figure income at age 25, and think they are being cheated when they don't get it. They grew up able to buy a video game and within a day go online to get instructions on how to enable "godmode" and they don't understand why real life doesn't offer any genuine shortcuts.

Jesus fucking christ! I've never seen such crybaby victimhood.

>muh objective facts

Bullshit. Every generation blames their parents. Does not make it true or otherwise insurmountable.

You people are worse than niggers.

Joke's on you, OP. I don't have a girlfriend and I live with my mother.

>all the jobs went overseas
>there's a glut in the labor supply so it's impossible to get a good job
>wages are down over the last 40 years
>mass immigration, outsourcing, etc have lowered wages
>housing is unaffordable due to credit bubbles on wall street

Men need something productive to do in their lives to feel like they are accomplishing something, but all the good jobs are either full already (of boomers who will never retire) or in China.

And since they can never afford housing/health care/education due to credit bubbles and an ever increasing population causing skyrocketing prices they're not stupid enough to have kids.

>I didn't read
>The post

Should have added "inability to form coherent arguments and debate" to that list as well.

Good for you user. But not everyone gets a scholarship.

Or has good parents that teach them right form wrong or how to manage the real world.

Its almost like different people have different circumstances that can lead to different outcomes.

And before someone attacks the strawman. There will always be idiots who think taking out 50k+ in loans is a good idea for a degree women's studies.

t. boomer

you're right, actions are what really matters

we should get started now and repair the irreparable pollution

They are told they can be anything for nothing.
Dreams are broken 90% of the time and no one told them failing is a valuable lesson.
They lose hope and take refuge is easily accessible escapes from reality.

Also, the gold standard for a woman is a slut, not a caring, friendly or decent being. Too many get hurt by not understanding their needs.

This.

>no money saved up
Not possible with the current job market.
>fiscally independent
Not possible with current job market.
I have only small debt around $1000, can pay it off with one salary.
There are no manchild hobbies, a hobby is a hobby, ultimately we all die and life has no meaning, might as well enjoy the ride.
>not married
Who would be stupid enough to marry? And for what reason?

>don't own property
No need to own property(which is too expensive anyway). I will inherit mine from parents.
What for?
Live on my own, why should I have vaginamerchant torturing me daily? I just buy prostitutes, its simpler and healthier.

I agree with most of this.
Pretty much describes me perfectly.
I have a much higher than average IQ. I could probably do this world some real good if I had any motivation beyond getting stoned, and hanging out.
Seems like I am not the only one with this problem though.

I'm born 1987. Lot of people my age have mental issues, it's probably result from the recession in the early 90s. This generation falls to short-term jobs and fighting for the jobs with immigrants. I just see no hope for the future.

just be yourself :^)

You sound like a little bitch kill yourself

>what is competitive compensation
>what is productivity of labor
>what is third-secotr transformation

Says the stupid british cuck. Jeez you people are sad human beings

>Jeez you people are sad human beings
Says the poster from country with 5 times homicide rate and lower life expectency

They largely got fucked by economic circumstance. I'm far to tired to type it all out, but basically it's all Clinton's fault in your country and Blair's in mine. [well, their predecessors are often to blame too and generally how we moved from the economic issues of the 70s to where we are now is where all the problems are found.] but Clinton and Blair were both left-wingers elected with economic policies that didn't diverge significantly from their predecessors.

Combined with cultural changes thanks to these situations (Removal of industry with no replacement in many parts of the UK for example) you have a bunch of manchildren in dead-end jobs. You can invoke personal responsibility in individual instances, but collectively it is an economic and cultural problem.

Globalism, especially here where things have Americanized at a large rate also doesn't help.

>tfw nobody offers moderate social conservativism combined with anti-globalist vaguely left-wing [actually a mix of left and right, but essentially reactionary.] economics.

>he thinks buzzwords changes the fact wages are lower and prices and consumer debt

Typical neolib trash

It might have something to do with the fact that baby boomers own 80% of all property and we're still in massive debt to them, required to pay for their lavish NEET lifestyles.

try to third sector transform yourself out of nearly 3x your GDP in private debt.

There is no reason to do those things.
I support those men
And fuck owning property, not everyone wants a big house white picket fence

The whole girlfriend ruling your life thing is the only thing I object to

>seize
>not cease

Lær deg å stave din jævla fitte.

also wages don't rise with productivity anymore you dumb Swisscuck (thanks to mass immigration and outsourcing)

Nah I'm a millenial who is single and making a six figure salary on my original degree. Working on a second one now with the job paying for it.

I'm just not an idiot who thinks everyone grows up in a perfect household given the perfect advice on life. There are plenty of stories on Sup Forums alone with kids who got fucked over by parents or conditions well out of their control.

Nei ;^)

>its another "millienials are entitled, evil and ruining the world despite the fact most of the global property is owned by baby-boomers and most of the voting population aren't milleniels and that most people in a position of power aren't millenials and the fact that baby boomers are so entitled they have essentially enslaved milleniels to pay for their retirement and racked up massive debt in their youth so they could buy a car with nothing more than their summer job

OC
I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT FAMPAIS

youtube.com/watch?v=IciwMuoiDUM

caring about miraculously beating out everybody and getting a 100k salary just so I can marry some used up slut and probably unknowingly raise somebody else's kid made me sad. Now I just do what I want and don't think about it. I have a nice car and a huge games library and several guitars and keyboards and pretty much everything I could want for a comfortable life. I still think this is the better option.

What's wrong with it?

>be 29
>normal hetero white male
>married, two kids
>own a house, no mortgage
>make 75k a year
>wife stays home
>plan out everything, wears man pants
>have sex weekly, maybe an extra bj during the week
>fiscally responsible
>teach kids to be contributing members of society
>modest vacation once a year
>cut off cancerous friends who still live with mom
>MAGA

> Bernie Sanders
> Successful running

Fint det da.

Liker landet ditt jeg, tenker jeg flytter dit en dag nor vi blir helt fucked up i Sverige:D

>Oh god maybe they force us to care for the old and disabled....
Oh don't worry EU plan is to make to replace you even for that
euractiv.com/section/social-europe-jobs/opinion/europe-needs-low-skilled-migrant-workers-too/
>Today more than ever, the EU needs a comprehensive, albeit differentiated approach that takes into account the complexity in the supply and demand of labour. We need to acknowledge that there is a structural demand for migrant workers in certain occupations that is related to factors such as long-term demographic changes (the ageing of European societies), the configuration of nuclear families without extended support networks to cover for the care of children and elderly/disabled people, and the participation of women in paid work outside the home. These are irreversible factors that persist even in periods of acute economic downturn.
We are the "beautiful ones" and should just die off peacefully.

Narcissism isn't so bad. The real problem is that we were fucked over by the schools, universities and our feminised parents who wanted us to be little celebrities.

>We did nothing wrong

You're not and it's a catastrophic situation for society but instead of taking on the issue our politicians just get more and more immigrants. That's why Trump is a good thing, not only for the US but for the whole West.

>My biggest concern is this piece of shit generation taking all kinds of stupid fucking degrees and expecting a job (lib-art etc.). Vast majority of students don't understand that these "educations" exist so colleges can rob you of that sweet subsidized government money. They don't exist so that you can get a job, but so that the ones who originally wouldn't study see a "fun" degree and throw money at the school.

Yeah, its getting pretty fucking suspect with the ammount of useless degrees you can waste 4-5 years of getting with literally no job waiting for you. Kids get out of college with so much debt they will have to work until they're in their 40's to have enough saved up for a down payment and actually own something.

NY is like the only state Hillary has won that will actually vote for her in the general election.

>have sex weekly, maybe an extra bj during the week

That sounds pretty low for 29 year old.

And where do you live to support a family of 4 on 75k?

Velkommen skal du være. Alltid vært overrasket over hvor hoy arbeidsmoral hvite svensker har.

How the fuck do you own a house with no mortage at 29?
And why are you married to a female bum?

>26
>have a good job with no college
>rent a house with 2 others
>buy games and comics
>lift with my roommates when I'm home
>own my own vehicle
>have $25,000 saved
>have a 401k
>no gf currently

My roommates work as operators at Chevron making $60,000/yr with no college education. In fact I know plenty of people my age with great careers and many of our married friends own houses.

That doesn't change the fact that the only thing he was successful at was mobilizing a bunch of hippies.

This is how Bernie lived up till his 40's. Everything op said probably applied to him.

He turned out well.

Fuck off proxy-svenskefaen. Dere er late, hoyrosta og generelt udugelige.

I'm honestly thinking about killing my stupid hippie parents and investing their money in something useful. They don't know how to handle money and throw it all away for degenerate hobbies. They are also huge enablers for my dire situation.

They have to die.

getting people involved in and concerned with politics and social issues is incredibly important

noam chomsky couldn't do it, and he's been angry about it since the early 60s

yep, that's pretty much me for 60% of that list.
women are complete trash, OP. there is nothing worth striving for.

Svensker er sjokkerende fornoyd med lavt-lonnede jobber i butikker/bardisker. Gjor meg fint lite at de strommer til Norge for å ta de jobbene. At de er skapseksuelle homofile med aspbergers er deres problem. De får så mye dritt på utesteder, så det minste de fortjener er 129;- i timen ;^)

it's called hopelessness op

wages don't rise with productivity, value of dollar is dropping, debt is skyrocketing with no plans to pay for it, we have to pay social security taxes even though we will never reap the benefits of it

meanwhile people are shouting for increases in things that will cause more debt and decreases in dollar value

i'm sure a lot of people don't want to admit to themselves that they gave up on the american dream but subconsciously i think they realize they have

>no money saved up

Doesn't matter, parents are wealthy

>fiscally independent

See above

No debt but everyone pays bills my friend

I do have a sick Steam library, this is true

>>not married

50% failure rate with a high chance to get half my shit taken, no thanks

>>don't own property

I haven't picked a spot for my /k/ompound yet

>>have no desire to have kids

Maybe at some point but guys don't have the shelf life problem that women do

>>have girlfriends who run their lives and wear the pants

Jokes on you, women can't stand me

>>live with roommates, on their own, or at their girlfriend's

Neither can men

>>still do drugs and like to brag about being beer snobs

Factorio is more fun when you're shitfaced

>>are content working part-time or labor jobs

As long as it pays the bills

>>thought college was a waste of money and time

Masters in something useless because I could afford it and liked the subject

>>practically computer illiterate

I can build, fix, and maintain my PC, that's all I really do with computers

>>flip flop on politics between being extreme Trump supporters to "eat the rich" Berners

I'm a consistent republican because I'm a richfag

>>have no 10 year plan, no less 5 year or 1 year plan. None of them know "what they want to be when they grow up" still

Acquire compound, write manifesto

you should watch some Milo Yiannopolous

If I have no intention of getting married and therefore no children, why wouldn't I spend my money on my manchild hobbies? What am I going to do with it, just save it so when I die one of my shitbag relatives gets a windfall from my labor?

>mfw all of the NEETs' parents die and their chains are broken, when mom's basement becomes their basement

I'm not disagreeing with you on any point you're making, other than the fact that I wouldn't call Sanders' campaign successful; at least not in the traditional sense. I don't think many people would.

Hanz is that you? And I don't mean the stereotypical German name calling Hanz, I mean the literal mentally ill Hanz that posts on /x/ about how alcohol doesn't affect him.

this is true

Pretty much this. Everyone dies anyways, so you might as well live a life of comfort as opposed to hardship, if you can. Of course hardship can cause a person to become a better person, so maybe a little isn't too bad.

Women are generally acknowledged to be terrible whores, even by other women. To that, I wonder why any man would still get caught up in that trap. This also explains why one wouldn't want kids.

With no woman or kids comes less need to work. Suddenly you aren't supporting five other human beings, so you don't need to work five times as long, or in horrible work conditions where they have to pay you a decent wage to even do the job.

I personally have money saved up, not having money saved up is retarded on a level I can't even get into. That said, no one else my age does. None of my friends that are approaching their 40's have any money saved up, and most don't own property.

I'm saving for property and will probably have my first house later this year, paid in full.

Bragging about drug use is moronic for anyone to do. If you wanna smoke, or drink, whatever, that's your business. No one considers doing lots of drugs an achievement though. Maybe some people, but who wants their respect?

Politically, I say bring back Bob Dole.

But he has received more donations than anyone else! Isn't that a success??? He's showing the establishment that Citizens United can't stop the people from getting the representation they need!!

I'm turning 30 next year, there are a few reasons that come together and are creating this whole situation.

#1 A lot of us in this kind of situation were raised by single mothers with poor father figures (for decades I only saw my father on weekends). It completely stunts male development.

#2 Poor job market and opportunities. Most of us came out of uni right as the 2008 financial crisis was at its peak, this was followed by the EU sovereign debt crisis in 2010. There are too many people with degrees for the available positions. All the industry that sustained our parents and grandparents went to the chinks so much so that they now have a strong middle class and ours is disappearing.

#3 With no job or money, you can't found a family, you can't buy a house, you can't own a car. You're basically a manchild at the mercy of your parents or social services.

#4 One last reason is the boomers and our parents holding us hostage with their pensions, salaries, comfortable positions, politicians etc and wasting our future away.

Knowing all this and what's been posted I fear most of us are hopeless for their future. For me it looks very bleak but in the end does it really matter? We all die some time.

marriage is a prison and the future is a fucked up desolate wasteland where your amount of planning doesn't matter

society is rapidly taking a nose dive and there is no point. soon the bombs will drop and nature can restart the cycle

Hedonistic white niggers who should be shot.

I'm guilty for the following. 27y/o
>>no money saved up
>> overloaded with debt
>>blow money on manchild hobbies
>>not married
>>don't own property
>>have girlfriends who run their lives and wear the pants
>>live with parents
> content working part-time
>>thought college was a waste of money and time
>>flip flop on politics between being extreme Trump supporters to "eat the rich" Berners
>>have no 10 year plan, no less 5 year or 1 year plan. None of them know "what they want to be when they grow up" still

That was every male baby boomer in the 1960's.

The cycle repeats itself
Damn we are fucked :(

Marriage is fine as long as you marry someone with your values and intelligence. The average IQ in the US hovers around 98. Be sure you don't marry some fool and it will work out.

>wanting to enjoy the only life we have
>hedonism

Go join a convent, faggot

kek

The only reason Bernie Sanders remaining in the race (despite mathematically being eliminated) is even being tolerated by the Democratic party is because they know, deep down, that if Sanders leaves under other-than-favorable conditions, they have zero chance of defeating the God Emperor.

No one is attacking him, because he's literally not a threat unless provoked. He's just going to lose quietly, and half of his supporters will secretly vote Trump, solely based on the fact that Trump isn't Hillary.

Joke's on you. I still live with my parents.
Way better than losing all of your money because of the whims of your wife and children.

I can't I'm not a woman.

Everyone should save enough money to raise a decent sized white family, you faggot.

>and half of his supporters will secretly vote Trump, solely based on the fact that Trump isn't Hillary.
No, they'll vote for Jill Stein, because they think they're protesting or accomplishing something by doing so.
Progressives are completely delusional.

>small savings
>decent amount of debt but 0% interest and manageable
>married once, separated and divorce finalising soon
>rent property on own
>have a great girlfriend of 6 months, not planning to move in together just yet
>work full time
>have a university degree but it was pretty much a waste of time
>vote UKIP / Tory

Plan next few years is to clear my debts, relocate to a more affordable property / city, start making some serious savings and buy property in my home town and probably move back up towards family.

I got hit by a car in July last year whilst cycling and expect around £15,000 payout once the insurance is finalised over the medical issues resulting from that (driver admitted liability). So at least I can start fresh from escaping that shit marriage.