Where did Star Trek Into Darkness go wrong?

Where did Star Trek Into Darkness go wrong?
>youtu.be/Y2EubfgNfJw
>youtu.be/hq7iRPtmjwI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsYT8YHL-R0
youtube.com/watch?v=QVeVtz1Zcig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mike and Jay didn't like it. Need I say more?

Probably the 9/11 tribute that came out of nowhere

everywhere

1. They wanted the payoff of the Kirk/Spock relationship and death without earning it.
2. post-9/11 miltary/war bullshit

That pretty much sums it up. The Khan twist isn't even that big of a deal next to the other two issues.

beats the original and beyond simply because of benedict cumberbatch

They substituted actual dialogue for references 90% of this movie.

Which for a fan made the movie seem like it was a giant rehash and had absolutely nothing new.

>tfw Jew Jew also did Force Awakens like ANH...

-all character development from the previous movie was ignored
-the khan reveal was neither a surprise nor was spock shouting 'khaaaaan' in any way impactful
-bad guy with big ship as final boss
-not enough scenes with bones

wtf does Amy Pascal have to do with Star Trek?

They got the guys who did Transformers and Eagle Eye to write it. Again.

Oh sorry, hit the wrong image under "jewish".

Sometimes I forget why I left Sup Forums and come back to check to see if there's actual critical thinking and informed discussion happening. And then the stormfag Sup Forums shit hits me in the face immediately and I remember.

Enjoy your paranoia-fueled attribution of your own deficiencies to a historically persecuted minority. I'm sure history will be kind to you and the rest of the antisemitic morons here.

it should have been based on that episode about the guy who kirk went to school with who gets psychic powers

instead they decided cumberpatch was close enough to match ricardo montalbon's charisma, which he isn't, added a bunch of stoic mantears, and had a plot that decided to draw from a well known previous installment

Lindelof wrote it.

That's all there is to it.
The guy has no concept of fiction. He vaguely understands how to write something to look big and impressive, but no idea how to actually make said thing big or impressive, or even make any amount of sense within its own rules.

I mean because of the direction of the franchise at that point Haven't seen Beyond yet, but some say it's turning around it was going to be 'meh' to 'fun for the sake of' it anyway with a lot of unnecessary references, but there's a grade of writing where it fails not because it isn't grand and "intelligent" but because it just does not function.
Lindelof is the expert of that grade.

What's more...to have a character in ironically scream Khan is so painfully stupid. In the original Wrath of Khan Kirk screaming Khan was just a ruse...it wasn't a geninuely emotional moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=gsYT8YHL-R0

why would you even try

Take the drama to your blog, faggot.

They made it like capeshit instead of Star Trek.

It was a good star trek movie for the first third or half, then someone rolled into the writing room on a monster truck with energy drinks in each hand and said, "enough of this nerd shit, time to shoot things and run."

and then JarJar Abraham added 137 references to "punch up" the script because he's a hack.

Nice headcanon.

What? Kirk was tricking Khan, you'd have to flat out not watch the movie to know that

>action mostly on foot instead of, you know, in space
>characters show signs of superhuman abilities when Khan is supposed to be the only one who's a genetically enhanced superhuman
>an entire city is turned to rubble with millions of civilian casualties and nobody cares
Yep, capeshit

>i... am... KHHHAAAAAAAANNN
>...
>...

>-NNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnn
Was he trying to seduce them?

No seriously, just watch the look he gives Kirk.
youtube.com/watch?v=QVeVtz1Zcig
What purpose does this look have?