Upcoming Film Discussion

Is there anything that caught your eye?

Any movies that you're genuinely excited for and and interested in watching? not out of a sense of obligation i.e. anything star wars/marvel/DC related.

Pic related is the first film I've genuinely been hyped for in a while. Anyone else going to see it when it hits theaters?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/review/salt-fire-shanghai-review-902585
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more fake60sshit. no thanks

Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, Silence. La La Land is a good choice too OP. I'm seeing it because I want to see Goose and Emma fuck.

you've got some good choices yourself my man. I think the visuals displayed in the trailer are what really attracted me to La La Land, and like you I'm also excited to watch a neat love story between the goose and my waifu. Also that city of stars song is just dang catchy.

What do you mean fake 60's stuff?

I'm pretty sure it's set in modern LA.

HELE SA HIWAGANG HAPIS
Directed by LAV DIAZ
Philippines, 2016

WEIGHTLESS
Directed by TERRENCE MALICK
United States, 2017

PATERSON
Directed by JIM JARMUSCH
United States, 2016

ELLE
Directed by PAUL VERHOEVEN
France, 2016

MANCHESTER BY THE SEA
Directed by KENNETH LONERGAN
United States, 2016

SALT AND FIRE
Directed by WERNER HERZOG
Germany, 2016

CERTAIN WOMEN
Directed by KELLY REICHARDT
United States, 2016

THE LOST CITY OF Z
Directed by JAMES GRAY
United States, 2016

BRAT DEJAN
Directed by BAKUR BAKURADZE
Russia, 2015

CHRISTINE
Directed by ANTÓNIO CAMPOS
United States, 2016

SILÊNCIO
Directed by MARTIN SCORSESE
United States, 2016

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS
Directed by TOM FORD
United States, 2016

AMERICAN HONEY
Directed by ANDREA ARNOLD
United Kingdom, 2016

PEACE TO US IN OUR DREAMS
Directed by SHARUNAS BARTAS
Lithuania, 2015

Not a bad choice, the first one was pretty decent although I completely forgot it existed to be honest. Also I think Tom's age is finally starting to hit him a little. what a bad plastic surgery

What are you looking forward to the most out of all of these? And why?

Manchester by the Sea, American Honey, I have thing for small towns and small people, Brat Dejan also sounds very interesting from what I've read, isolation and trying to seek redemption is a gimmick I fall for.

Paterson for more Driver greatness, I love his performances in films.

>Manchester by the Sea, American Honey, I have thing for small towns and small people, Brat Dejan also sounds very interesting from what I've read, isolation and trying to seek redemption is a gimmick I fall for.
All of this I pretty much agree with, small and contained stories really appeal to me, and redemption always gets me tearing up a little when done right.

Small stories in small towns, because I come from such background always get me in some level.

And forgiveness is a very powerful theme if played out well, it really pulls my heart strings in films and I am probably terribly biased towards such stories/narratives.

LOGAN LUCKY
Directed by STEVEN SODERBERGH
United States, 2017

just found out that Steven's coming back to films

Very nice surprise.

>ELLE
>Directed by PAUL VERHOEVEN
>France, 2016

> Michèle LeBlanc seems indestructible. Head of a successful video game company, she brings the same ruthless attitude to her love life as to business. Being attacked in her home by an unknown assailant changes Michèle's life forever. When she resolutely tracks the man down, they are both drawn into a curious and thrilling game-a game that may, at any moment, spiral out of control.

If it were anyone else I'd pass.

>SALT AND FIRE
>Directed by WERNER HERZOG

hollywoodreporter.com/review/salt-fire-shanghai-review-902585
Looks like disappointment all around

>SILÊNCIO
>Directed by MARTIN SCORSESE

> movie is not about pretty boy dagoes with self-destructive impulses
This. I'm looking forward to seeing Scorsese actually fucking work for it this ti–

> Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver
why is Marty such a knob gobbling faggot

I'm waiting for Elle just because it's made by Paul and Herzog's films are always worth a watch IME.I rather watch first before judging/reading reviews etc.

Andrew Garfield is a good actor.

I'll be honest with you, you're preaching to the choir right now. Themes of perserverence, redemption and forgiveness always manage to melt this heart of heart of mine for a little. Love too, depending in how sappy it is.

where are you from user? I'm from a decently sized town in California, not too big but nothing special. I've since moved but it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Small town, northern Europe, size of a 3500 people.

Driver is great m8

>LOGAN LUCKY
>Directed by STEVEN SODERBERGH

> Two brothers attempt to pull off a heist during a NASCAR race in North Carolina

Mite be gu–

> Channing Tatum
> Katherine Heigl
> Daniel Craig
> Adam Driver
> Hilary Swank
> Seth MacFarlane

That went south SO FAST

All good but Heigl and MacFarlane.

She's about as helpful to a film production as Lindsay Lohan, there's a reason her last acting gig was a nonspeaking role in an antihistamine commercial.

Already watched The Handmaiden but I've yet to see Train to Busan so that I suppose

HIGH LIFE
Directed by CLAIRE DENIS
France, 2017

WOW, based on description I did not expect a film like this coming from her. One of my favorite directors currently.

OKJA
Directed by BONG JOON-HO
United States, 2017

Bong's films are always worth a watch ime.

SUBMERGENCE
Directed by WIM WENDERS
United States, 2017

DONDE NACE LA VIDA
Directed by CARLOS REYGADAS
Mexico, 2017

I guess that's about it,

Was it really?

How far the mighty have fallen.

Heigl was mighty?
wat

She was shitty actor in that Grey Anatomy series and thats all I remember her from?

She was certainly on top of the romantic comedy game for a little while. she was a mighty cunt by all accounts tho.

wonder if any of those romantic comedies alluded/made her play a real cunt of a character

brmp

>Update