/minimalism/

Is there literally anything in this man's catalog better than or on par with Music For 18 Musicians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Np9yApXD94
youtube.com/watch?v=lzkOFJMI5i8
youtube.com/watch?v=CrIZBnUda_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=vugqRAX7xQE
youtu.be/xcCADqQPWvM
youtube.com/watch?v=FoTPOySdZbA
youtube.com/watch?v=I5lgAUHVFC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 9/11 album

It's actually very good

No, but Clapping Music, Come Out, Music for Wooden Blocks, and Piano Phase are interesting at least.

>The 9/11 album
For a second I thought you were mistaking Reich for the composer of The Disintegration Loops, but I'll be damned, "WTC 9/11". Checking this out, thanks user

Tehillim

>Steve "3rd" Reich
>Jewish
what did he mean by this?

Different trains is up there

youtube.com/watch?v=4Np9yApXD94
is much more interesting and succinct

Alright, you're right. I was going through MF18M hoping to find what originally drew me in, but this piece is precisely those moments I was hoping to find, but in every newly introduced idea.

This is a better piece.

I don't think there's anything as good but he has some other amazing stuff. My favourites are
>Four organs
>Drumming I-IV
>Music for mallet instruments
>Different trains

>burger "composer"
>clapping music¨

can't make this shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=lzkOFJMI5i8

Americans should just stick to blues derivatives holy shit

>yeah i listen to minimalism
Glassworks, Music For 18 Musicians, the list could go on...

youtube.com/watch?v=CrIZBnUda_Q

Desert Music is literally his only worthwhile piece. Everything else he's done just sounds like a mediocre retread.

This 100%

>nobody can discuss entry level musicians because user doesn't like it

everything this guy mentioned is actually his best work, actually

Pendulum Music is also very interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=vugqRAX7xQE

youtu.be/xcCADqQPWvM

octet

6 marimbas is awesome

Morton Feldman blows that crusty old edgelord out of the water.

>Music for 18 Musicians

Babby's first minimalism

Where to start with minimalism? I've listened to The Pearl (Harold Budd / Brian Eno with Daniel Lanois), Outside the Dream Syndicate (Tony Conrad with Faust) and Ambient 2: The Plateaux of Mirror ( Harold Budd / Brian Eno). I wasn't really impressed by anything other than Ambient 2, which isn't just minimalist.

mfw none of those are minimalist

That's why I wanted some recommendations for "pure" minimalist albums.

Never go full pseud, kids.

Anyone here a Wim Mertens fan?
youtube.com/watch?v=FoTPOySdZbA
Or any music similar to his Belly score?

Reminder that nothing past 1970 is Minimalist. Minimalism referred to the experimental practice of excessive repetition in pieces like Piano Phase, Come Out, and Four Organs. Anything involving any intuitive musical development like Drumming or MF18M is Post Minimal.

Don't mind me, just posting the greatest minimalist album of all time.

Weak b8

Come Out is the greatest composition of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=I5lgAUHVFC4

Proverb is a musical composition by Steve Reich for three sopranos, two tenors, two vibraphones, and two electric organs. It is set to a text by Ludwig Wittgenstein.[1] It was written in 1995 and was originally intended for The Proms and the Utrecht Early Music Festival. It was premiered at Alice Tully Hall in New York City on February 10, 1996 by Theatre of Voices with Paul Hillier, to whom the piece is dedicated.[2]
Proverb was written during a period when Reich was experimenting with "speech melody", and is influenced by the period Reich spent working on The Cave with Paul Hillier and singers with a strong background in medieval polyphony. This is especially apparent in the two tenor parts, which pay homage to PĂ©rotin and organum in their use of rhythmic modes and pedal points. The text is: "How small a thought it takes to fill a whole life!" This text is an excellent explanation of the piece itself, as well as perhaps Reich's career, much of it spent exploring minimalism. (Wikipedia)