There are people who think this is wrong

there are people who think this is wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbWpXYOg4OQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there are people who think this will work

Honeslty i think its wrong because its a waste of time. The money spent on building a stupid wall could go to actually help solving the root causes of all this illegal immegration and thus stem the flow. But hey what do i know i have more then two brain cells left to rub together, unlike the half wits who thought this up

Works for israel.

for years immigration has decreased and the majority of the people who stay here ilegally got here with legit papers, but they expired or they stayed even when they should have not stay.

We think its is wrong cuz its a waste of money and will have zero effect on illegal immigration. If u build a 20' wall the next day they will sell out of 21' ladders and rope in Mexico.

Lol cousin fuckers think this will actually work.

didn't work for Hadrian, the Chinese, or in East Berlin.

Isreals boarder is a fraction of what is proposed by the dimwit in cheif. Isreals entire wall would cover the california boarder, that still leaves arizona to the gulf coast

a wall is cheap. construction just keeps placing concrete slabs in the desert until they get to the destination

Because ancient walls should be compared to 2017. Berlin wall 100% worked you retard. For over 25 years only 5000 ppl attempted to breach the wall on both sides and not many made it dead or alive.

You had me at boarder and isreals, buddy

If you had the capacity to read a topographical map of the area i might suggest that you do so, clearly you dont so I'm just going to leave it at that

The berlin wall worked because the ussr killed anyone trying to cross not because of the wall

Oh and 30 some billion dollars is not cheap and the just covers the construction, not maintanace, patroling, giant fucking holes blown into it by the cartels

The berlin wall worked because there was a huge no mans land were people had no were to go and were arrested on the spot. About 200 ppl died from 61 to 89.

The cartel is paying for it via confiscated money. Our gdp is 5 trillion a year. Worried about 30 bill. That's like you making a million and youre crying about 3 grand.

It also worked because people could just go around it, through hungary, through checzoslovakia. Why try and climb a wall when you can simply go around

I like the idea of the 1 way mirror wall they can't see where border patrol is On our side till it's too late

Wow and how much of that gdp is collected through taxation? Murica is barely able to keep the federal government running with the existing spending and you want to add 30 billion +...

Righhhtttt. People tried to leave the ussr through the ussr. Kek.

Don't let the goyim know!

They did, and they succeeded because there was no fucking wall to stop them. The boarders of hungery were nothing more the a waist high line of wire marked hungary. Didnt take much to cross it

The US govt pulls in roughly 4.5 trillion in tax revenue genius. And excuse me our gdp is 17 trill. Are you guys just dumb? Or shill bots? Or is it past ppls bedtime?

Lel

While I'm certainly against illegal immigration I'm far more against the cartel drug smuggling. Lot harder to just walk across the border with a backpack and intestines full of coke when there's a big ass wall, dig sensors, drones, thermal cams, NV cams, and the occasional manned patrols all watching with QRFs just waiting for the call to jump in their Blackhawks. Too bad we can't just 38th parallel that shit though. Nothing like mines and CROWS turrets on top of all the regular surveillance and patrols. We seriously have the tech to make the thing work just fine, it's just that some people like their slave labor and then idiot bleeding hearts inadvertently support it because ironically in their minds being against illegal immigration is racist.

As for rough terrain some of you seem to forget we're not exactly inhibited by the terrain that much. Just look at highways in the west. We've taken down all sorts of rough terrain just to shave a few minutes off the drive.

Honestly we could use confiscated drug money to pay much of it, but in the grander scheme 30 billion is a bit of a drop in the bucket as far as the US budget goes and good god have we confiscated a fuckton from the cartels. How wonderful would it be if we could paint "This wall generously provided by Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, the Sinaloa Cartel, (insert additional cartel names and leader names here)" every hundred or so yards. You build the wall now and get the big spend out of the way then maintaining is almost certainly going to be much cheaper.

As far as patrols you can let technology handle the long, mundane, and boring jobs. You can seriously rig sensors along the wall that will detect someone trying to breach the wall or go under it.You don't actually need people manning cameras 24/7 if you have your tech doing the monitoring for you.

Eeeegghhh. Wrong
Wasnt called the iron curtain for nothing. Every border was heavily armed and occupied.

This.

>there are people who think wasting billions in taxpayer money is wrong

Who knew

There are ppl who point fingers and let it happen

>wasting
Only if it's poorly implemented. If done right it should actually make a difference.

and why not just legalize the most popular drugs? just legalizing weed will do alot to help with the smuggling.

wanna know how a large amount of illegals get into the us? By plane. Idk about you but a wall isn't going to fix that.

biggest problem that us 'BLEADIN HEAURT LIBBEALS" have is that we don't want to waist billions on something stupid.

So is that an acceptable solution to you? Will the us have snipers and drones and simply shoot dead anyone attempting to breach the border?

>why not just legalize the most popular drugs?
youtube.com/watch?v=PbWpXYOg4OQ

I'm good with this, as long as they shoot and kil Trump's next illegal immigrant waifu

I don't think its wrong I just think its a colossal waste of money

>Will the us have snipers and drones and simply shoot dead anyone attempting to breach the border?

I could support that.
They'd have to keep moving the snipers, though, because the buzzards would tell wetbacks where not to cross.

>I don't think its wrong I just think its a colossal waste of money

Dirt cheap compared to niggers.

not gonna watch a whole 15 min video for a straw man argument.

the mexico/us border is so vast and rugged and any person who thinks this will solve anything is a moron. especially when the illegals that are here didn't come here illegally... they stay here illegally. to waste billions on this is insane.

Cheaper than niggers.

Nice ADD

That's actually a much needed step. Legalize marijuana across the board and you really hurt cartel income. I wouldn't go for anything much harder than that though. Once we legalize MJ there is no way in the deepest pits of hell the cartels can hope to compete with a gay cowboy and an anthropomorphic camel. We just need to include laws forbidding the addition of addictive substances in legal MJ.

As far as aircraft it's not like we can't set up small mobile radar stations along the thing. The US inventory of technology is stupidly large. If we wanted to we could sit SAMs along the whole thing and have some fighters/helis on standby and just shoot down anyone who's not supposed to be there that day. Unscheduled flights tripping a good defensive line is going to get noticed. Happens all the time, we could just improve the net though. Follow them, raid them, interrogate them, JDAM the narco factories/farms/whatever. All we really need to get shit done is for Mexico to unfuck themselves and greenlight playtime for spooks and the chair force.

You're not liberals, stop calling yourselves that. I'd bet it's also partisan politics and you (the progressive left) legit think it's racist. If Hillary had proposed it you guys would be all over it and you know it. As it stands you're legit supporting slave labor by supporting illegal immigration. Stop that. Instead support fighting illegal immigration while also supporting that big beautiful door of for realsies immigration reform.

>pic very related

This guy gets it. Its a waste of money. We need to regulate pharmaceuticals, not build a wall, and cut our military like 70%. Still the largest military, and we'll have money to get rid of our debt.

Just swim around it

Okay, let me put it this way.I'm not gonna waste my time watching a video that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

walls are unnatural, esp. if there are no periodic breaks in them, to latch and unlatch. people should have freedom of movement. owning land is criminal.

Oh mee oh my, because building a wall ALSO solveS the NIGGER PROBLEM TOO EH CLEETUS HYUK

What we really need is to actually hit the cartels like we do ISIS. We're so worried about goat fuckers on the other side of the world when a much more legitimate threat lives just to the south of us.

Hope you're better than a top Olympic swimmer and can handle sharks, you're not exactly going to be wearing Adam West's utility belt. No way there wouldn't be surveillance equipment and then even if you do go way out and don't become shark chow you have to deal with drones. You might make it but it's not the cake walk you're implying it would be.

Decriminalize some drugs. That'll get em.

Actually they all worked pretty well, it took a shit ton of effort to get around them. Hadrian's Wall was useful as well.

The wall in itself isn't the the only problem, it's that there are guards and police looking for certain types constantly. If we cut our NATO budget in half by forcing our allies to pay for their own shit we could not only reduce the military industrial complex a bit, we could also kick out illegals

Something you guys against the wall need to realize is we understand it's not going to be perfect and won't stop everyone. But it can stop quite a few and take away options for illegal entry.

for china it didn't work because they left gaps in it you tard wrangler

They make massive amounts on marijuana. Legalize it, tax the fuck out of it, use the tax profits for maintaining the wall, and watch as the cartels have to try and replace one of their biggest income sources. You want to hurt criminal organizations when their home nation is being a bitch and won't let you bomb the piss out of them you hurt their money makers.

Grow up, Snowflake.
Acting like a retard gets you nowhere in life.

legalizing weed is important IMO. I do not know enough ( and i doubt anyone else here does) to accurately predict what would happen if ALL drugs were legal.

I think you misunderstood me. Im saying that alot of illegals are getting here from places like England, France Spain from their legal respective airports. British united or whatever is flying them here and dropping them off. They just aren't going back home after their green card is expired or their "vacation" is over.

And this is where you go and straw man the whole wall thing.

Do I think that the issue of illegal immigration is racist? TBH I've never given the idea too much thought, but I do know that it isn't abnormal for people who look central american to experience racism because people assume they are illegal. I call myself liberal. I also call myself a skeptic and my opinions are not tied to any one specific person. if Hillary said something that I disagreed with I would just simply, not agree with her and thus not support her. In fact I was very upset that she won the primary. you seem like a smart person so i assume you do the same thing. I dont support building a border wall because it is a gigantic waste of money. it wont stop a very large minority of the illegals from comming to the US and it will waste billions ( if not trillions) of dollars.

gonna end on this and I hope you get the metaphor; Show me a 10 foot tall wall and I will show you a 12 foot ladder.

During fiscal year 2016, the Federal government received approximately $3.3 trillion in tax and fee revenue and had outlays (spending) of $3.9 trillion; the difference was a $587 billion deficit.

You're such an idiot.

Most drugs go by car and plane legally into the US, watch the vice documentary. Very few drugs would get stopped by a wall.

Because Mexicans apparently don't know about boats

There are many drugs that ought to stay illegal but ought to be treated as a health issue for users rather than a criminal one.

As far as the wall discussion I'm talking purely mexican and south american illegals. They make up the vast majority with asian illegals coming in a distant second.

I'll address the last bit in a sec, working too many convos at once here.

It would still help, also expect security to go to a whole other level at checkpoints. Lord Cheeto did seek to increase the BP budget by a ton.

And I did mention more RADAR monitoring already btw.

>gonna end on this and I hope you get the metaphor; Show me a 10 foot tall wall and I will show you a 12 foot ladder.

Then I will show you the guard with his ar15 . What matters is the reform of ICE and the culture war along with the defended border which you neo-liberal dipshits have no metaphor for a post wall border, when all other walls in history, contrary to popular belief, WORKED.

So they will Al concentrate their efforts into one area (by Sea) so they can be caught in the act easier?

Sounds good to me.

as a mexican im really fucking offended. no wall plz let us be free in your land. do you think mexico is safe? no is not. me and my family are in danger each day we keep living in this for sake hole. people you must demand to let us in, dont be afraid you can do it. in mexico you cannot even drink tap water cause is full of parasites. let me in plz im begging. i will suck your panplucha. now isis is attacking us to steal petroleum. and the u.n. dont do shit for my people. if you dont let me in i will personally destroy the wall with my big pajarito and kill everyone who get in my way. then running so fucking fast not even the sonic will match my speed when i get to my destination in the white house i will proceed to shit frozen bits of corn and fire them with my mouth killing everybody even innocent childrens. cause im more important that God and you shall obey my demands to not build it or else.

Tasty pasta

The progressive asshats here will shout racist for the tiniest infraction but so far as I've seen legit believe it is indeed actual racism.

Most democrats these days are progressives masquerading as liberals and it bugs the hell out of me. They are not for individual liberty, they're for fucking safe spaces and banning the scary things.

If you actually stand by your principles regardless of the party line (assuming you consider yourself aligned at all) you're already a much better person than the average asshole in politics and I actually appreciate that greatly. BTW, I really hate that bernie got shafter even though I wouldn't have voted for him (didn't vote trump either).

It can be made to make a very nice dent in illegal flow and drug flow. A physical barrier backed up by a 38th parallel level of monitoring is not something to scoff at. The biggest issue is getting the foot in the door. But as the saying goes buy once cry once.

Central/South American illegals walk or stowaway in vehicles. They're the issue you're trying to stop with a defensive wall. Legalize marijuana then tax it and you could fund that wall for ages. Treat it as a military fortification rather than a simple physical barrier, I think that's part of the issue. This isn't just a wall if done right. You might as well be crossing the 38th without the mines but with more eyes watching you.

>Show me a 10 foot tall wall and I will show you a 12 foot ladder.
I'll just wait for you to use that ladder and show you ground sensors, thermal cameras, drones, and a blackhawk or two full of scary dudes with guns and fast roping skills. Maybe I'll throw in a few gun turrets as well if I'm feeling really serious.

It's not that it's wrong so much as that it's fucking stupid. A virtual fence with auto-tracking rifles would cost much less and be more effective.

But then the international community would flip their shit. How dare you slaughter those poor unfortunates.

Shut the fuck up niggerfaggot.

meh, it's not like the US has really given a shit about international relations for a while. This would be a great way to stop paying lip service to it. Besides, any attempt to invade would end with us utterly destroying the people we go up against. Nukes are pretty much the only chance any other nation has against the US. Even taken all together we outclass them in firepower.

It's a stupid idea...the drug cartels have been digging tunnels for years!

GPR would be the way to handle that. Have it set up to a monitoring system that sends alerts and tags the location on a map. Then we can just auger down into it and drop some explosives.

Or just pipe in cement with no regard for the bastards still in there.

It already is

Are they Mongolians?
I bet they're Mongolians.
God damn Mongolians.

He voted for trump idk what you expected user

It would be cheaper to round up all the illegal immigrants and put them into slave labor for 10 years. Then when theyre out, they get granted us citizenship if they behaved.

The great wall was put in a tactical position which detoured hun invasions and funneled them into more advantageous areas for the chinese.

Now its a tourist attraction:
; something that trump is actually considering.

>hun
Mongol... Mongol invasions. The huns fucked up the Romans.

Well....yeah, its a fucking retarded idea. Look at that shit, no hard points, no bunker style ares for shooters to wait, no sniping platforms, clearly no landmines

Who will it keep out, mongols?

We just know it's fucking dumb. Total waste of resources and it'll never pay for itself. From a business standpoint it's retarded. They could just as easily use ground level radar and small recon drones.

yeah,it doesn't have enough security measures, like seismic detectors and such.

not to mention it will decimate migratory wildlife and require taking the land of thousands of people