What are the best jobs for alcoholics, Sup Forums? I mean decent normie money, not some dead end hourly shit...

What are the best jobs for alcoholics, Sup Forums? I mean decent normie money, not some dead end hourly shit. I'm in corporate middle management and had some problems with the brass about coming in obviously hung over, so I've sobered up to keep my job. I haven't drunk anything in months now. This life just isn't for me. I want to go back to drinking, and do it until I die.

IT/sysadmin.

working weird hours is the norm, people excuse a little bit of scruffiness, and if you're up fucking with servers at midnight because its a maintenance window nobody knows you're half drunk.

avoid the jobs that require you to be on-call for onsite work though, that can really fuck your drinking up.

just quit working and become a proper bum OP

you can't really call yourself a TRUE alcoholic until you are a pathetic, broke, jobless bum

if you need a safety net, you're an amateur

No user, a GOOD alcoholic can function. What you're describing is someone who really sucks at being a drunk.
This is a good thought actually. I bet I'd be good at IT stuff. I'm pretty mathematically/logically inclined.

I try for jobs that involve remote work, weekend work, and after-hours work. then you can drink on the job.

still have to spend a fair bit of desk time but it's more flexible.

poker player
twitch streamer
chef, but only if you're the head chef and can make other people handle the deep fryer, you don't want a grease burn

move to eastern europe, japan, south korea, etc. somewhere with a really big corporate drinking culture.

Just keep your alcoholism somewhat in check. I'm a software engineer, and well respected at my job. I drink 5 shots a night or so, and have never come into work hung over.

This. I use to military in Japan. Those motherfuckers would be passed out on the road one after another in business suits and ties.

Is it normal to smell like booze at work the next day? I don't mean from your breath because you're drunk, I mean coming from your sweat. That's the biggest thing that landed me in hot water.
I drink WAAAY more than that when I'm drinking.

I really just want to have a normal productive life. I just want to drink while I'm doing it.

Hardcore Alcoholic here OP.

I've been to the ER for Alcohol withdrawal 37 times. I'm not homeless because I have to live with my mother at 35, paying rent, and I make money by doing product management on upwork.com.

I had to give my mother my wallet or else I'd go off to drink AND gamble, which even with a job will put you on the streets.

>Is it normal to smell like booze at work the next day
good question. hungover I know for sure, but still-drunk? might have to ask some locals.

>I drink 5 shots a night or so
what's even the point? That's the first half hour when I get home after work. I need 2-3 times that to get a buzz.

work in mental health. we try to take care of each other, and you can level about your alcoholism. hell, if you can keep it at bay, it helps your work.

well then, you basically have no chance at a normie job
your choice

Yeah, I'm having to sober up because I'm going in to health care (Med Assistant). Sucks, but it's better than the shit jobs I have had.

Education. Especially special Ed. It's no real problem dealing with those kids, but there is a big aura of suffering around them.

Last year, I'd be so constantly drunk/passed out, I wouldn't bathe for weeks. I'd blame the smell on the kids.

I've at least got back to semi normal hygiene, but I'm still at the school. I show up late, still drunk from the night before, or having an eye opener or two, and no one has ever said anything.

Really, education is the easiest career ever!

>you basically have no chance at a normie job
you misread, I'm not OP. I have a normie job, it's fine.

Just don't drink at school or be completely smashed, and you should be fine.

well then, tell op about your normie job so he can get one
or maybe you already did and i missed it
whatever

Exactly. I've been tempted to being a nip or two just to say I've done it, but I just keep reminding myself that is an extremely dumb idea.

Find a job that will let you work remotely. Nobody will be able to smell the booze then. Also there is a big difference between reaking of booze and being hung over. Hung over is ok, smelling of booze is not.

I know of a couple of teachers that did. Does not go over well.

>I just keep reminding myself that is an extremely dumb idea.
would allow to educate my retarded child