Whats the difference between ambient, ambient techno, minimal techno and ambient house?

Whats the difference between ambient, ambient techno, minimal techno and ambient house?

Why is euro/mu/ so swarmed with petty subgenre argument threads?

Ameri/mu/ is too, just about geetah music too

>muh doom metal isn't sludge
>muh 3rd wave post-rock isn't 2nd wave

Ambient is ambient
Ambient techno is ambient with more techno
Ambient house is ambient with more house
Minimal techno is ambient techno with more techno

The noticeable difference is that all those rock threads are started by multiple people (and also during eurotime Sup Forums as well), whereas these threads are started only during euro hours and by a single person as evident by the formatting.

this is Aussie hours, fuck off

australia is europe

see: eurovision

america is england, see history

not since you got kicked off from american soil it is

sludge is a subgenre of doom
yeah no shit 3rd wave isn't 2nd wave

History is man shit. See God.

>look ma! I strummed at a different speed, better call it a new sub, sub, sub, subgenre

genres are defines by speed but also scales and non-musical elements like cultural context

the only thing separating house from techno is cultural context, musically there is zero difference between the two

>implying that's the difference between sludge and doom or that that's an illegitimate reason to separate genres
off yourself

>defines
defined

Not totally related to the question but I have another question that I think fits here not worthy of its own thread. Is there really a difference between Dark Ambient, Drone, and even some Industrial Noise? If so, can you explain it to me please?

Pic related is classified as Industrial noise as far as I'm aware but I honestly couldn't tell if you were wrong classifying it as Dark Ambient or Drone.

dat ignorance

keep your post-ironic two word replies in your containment hugbox please
>>>/bleep/

truth hurts huh

oops, 3 words

shit now its 6, no 11, fuck

at least k-poppers stay contained in their threads

Dark Industrial is a merging of dark ambient (which is usually ambient music with a sinister or dark tone) with power electronics, a subgenre of industrial music. See Hole in the Heart by Ramleh for an example. Industrial noise is noise music with industrial influence, so expect shit like Throbbing Gristle. Drone is any music primarily composed of sustained notes, although it is often blended with the other two genres you listed.

So a lot of them kind of run hand-in-hand. I figured that. Thanks.

ambient is generally beatless unless the beat only serves to create more of an atmosphere and therefor make a track more ambient

ambient techno is ambient with more prominent beats and percussion, along with more ear-catching synth elements. still generally remains chill and atmospheric enough to be prefixed with "ambient"

minimal techno is not ambient or ambient techno, because it is straight up techno just stripped down into its basic parts. minimal techno can actually be pretty harsh and bang hard, not exactly ambient.

ambient house is the same concept of ambient techno but with house, so it has more of a groove and uses a lot of hypnotic percussion rhythms, takes a bit of influence from tribal sounds usually. i find ambient house also does a lot more sampling and generally has way longer songs.

yeah, exactly. although drone is a much larger genre in scope than the other two, so keep that in mind for future discussion.

If only rocktards did too

thanks lad