My dog loses its fucking mind when i put it on a leash...

My dog loses its fucking mind when i put it on a leash. Not pulling it lays down and wont move and the slightest tug to the leash and it acts like its being beaten to death. What the fuck is wrong with this retard. Theres not even an opening to start training it she lays and loses her fucking mind.

train your dog better fag

Try a body harness, some dogs just can't handle something on their throat.

go to /an/

it doesnt even touch her throat i mean if i even take the slack out of the leash she flips the fuck out like ive never heard a dog screech like this and theres no reason for it

I'd love to but 4chans new rules say i cant post a new thread yet

/an/ is a bunch of sensitive retards that get all butthurt if you do anything but use positive reinforcement to train dogs, and will say that lightly tossing a doughnut at your dog's face is abuse just because the dog couldn't catch the doughnut in time and got lightly smacked with it

alright, fine. let's do this. what kind of dog do you have? how old is it?

Is it a shelter dog? Previous owners who may have lovingly strangled it until it passed out?

I try to use repeated actions to train. If she doesn't shit in the house and goes outside she gets a treat shes on a schedule to go outside too. and so on. I know how to train a dog ive trained a few but ive never even heard of a dog acting like this unless it was abused. but i know for a fact she isnt as she is about 3 months and ive had her since she could eat on her own

She's actively submitting to you, the screeching is saying "okay you're in charge, now please stop". It means the other pups in the litter treated her like a punching bag and the only thing that stopped the excessive roughhousing was screeching. You have to show her that you're not trying to attack her, you're trying to direct. Dogs aren't smart enough to know the difference. Get a damn harness.

Do you have a girlfriend that could possibly like to masturbate while chocking your dog while giving it oral sex?

She is a terrier mix a larger of the small breeds. She is 3 months old ive had her for the majority of that time. She has a sister who almost does the same but she will just lay and shake. I've always had larger dogs my whole life and they may have pulled around and all that but it was easy to break them of that because at least they would interact. These two just shut down, and when i say shutdown i put a treat down infront of them and they wont even look at it. Its as if they are absolutely terrified of a leash.

well how do i stop that screeching i mean i live in a neighborhood i cant have my neighbors think im over here beating dogs to death.

get

a

okay. so 3 months old is probably too young to be leash training. at three months old, she's probably not even fully vaccinated yet and shouldn't be going outside or being exposed to areas where non-vaccinated dogs might have been.

what you should start doing is getting her used to a collar (or a harness. a lot of smaller breeds do better with a harness than a collar.) use positive reinforcement. again, this dog is the emotional and intellectual equivalent of an infant. then, once she's used to it, attach the leash. just attach it. then take it off. then play with it (not with her, just play with it in your hands.) slowly get her used to attaching the leash.

harness

if you do this right, there won't be screeching involved. get her used to seeing the leash as a positive thing that YOU like.

having a collar around a puppy's throat is terrifying to them. it's literally a thing they fear will choke them, especially smaller dogs who are weaker. their instinct is to freak out. get a harness instead .

no she doesnt really go anywhere just in my yard. And no she hasnt been fully vaccinated. She is used to a collar they have been wearing them for a while. I wanted to see how the leash training went at a younger age. I was hoping she would take to it better as she has with other things like simple commands -come -sit -lay. I suppose ill just get her used to the idea of a leash and try to get her to walk in a few weeks. Thanks for the advice.

yeah, no prob. but seriously, go slow and buy a harness. my sister recently adopted a small terrier mix puppy, and he freaked out about the leash too, screaming and everything. i got him a harness and showed her how to train him with it, and now he's totally fine with it.

Get a shelter dog. Introduce it to your pupper. Let them play a little. Then without warning grab the shelterino by the scruff of its neck and beat the ever loving shit out of it front of your doggo. Do this while maintaining eye contact with your dog the entire time.
When you've killed shelter dog, point a fibger straight at your ones face and say firmly with authority, "see that. Did you see that? If you don't behave that'll be you next. Now put your fucking leash on."

Your pupper will suddenly realise you are the alpha dog around here and happily submit. Dogs respect authority.

t. A dog whisperer. Well, someone who shouts at dogs.

Also, this technique works wonders for other problem animals around the house, including children, girlfriends, turtles.
But not cats, they don't give any fucks. At all. In fact, quite often cats will join in on the beating. No idea why. Lol that was a fun day.

Good luck OP. Nice pic btw.

OK. Its shit like this that keeps me coming back to Sup Forums. Made me lol. Ty for the keks.

This guy knows his stuff. Poor little thing has severe low self esteem.