Show me a better monster

Show me a better monster.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiMqd_53ATE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't be done

no way that's real, he's like 4'2 tops

Depends on what kind of monster you want senpai. If you want sheer paranoia, The Thing is better but only because that's specifically what it was designed for.

Xenomorphs are literally built for sex.

Is this close?

Xenomorph really is perfect. Everything about it is just the best cinema monster.

It taps into all kinds of wonderful primal fears all at once and some tie together:

Thin, skeletal, frame resembling a corpse yet at the same time insectoid and totally inhuman, the thing is also birthed via death, via a corpse, and is also reminiscent of insect horror stories like the wasps that lay eggs inside spiders and let them eat their way out.

The black colouration all of it associates it with darkness and shadow, things most humans, most animals in general, are instinctually afraid of simply because it takes away a key sense and this thing thrives and exists within that.

Humanoid form that's highly exaggerated to pervert the familiar, facelessness - it's just a big fucking mouth with no eyes or anything so you can't read any emotions off of it, elongated and misshapen head reminiscent if birth defects like hydrocephalus.

And it's simply just bigger, faster and stronger than you - it very importantly reduces humans, the apex predators of their planet, back into prey. That really fucks you up.

Absolutely perfect as a monster, this is an actual masterpiece. You don't even have to get into the psychosexual shit for it to be effective, on a base, animal level, it works as the perfect monster.

They were pretty much faceless placeholder monsters, no real personality.

They're design looked way too much like a stealth bomber or some weird sleek military tech than an actual creature. Godzilla looked like a big chunky organic beastie, but the MUTOs were too overdesigned.

It's just a guy in a rubber suit

alien queen

So are you

also
>whatever you do don't touch the food
>she touches the food
why are girls so unreliable

way too overdesigned

>How can triviliaze this monster, thought James Cameron to himself
>I know! I'll make swarms of them and completely nullify the sense of danger just one these creatures has!
>Damn, now I don't have a real big threat for my shootbang movie...
>I know! What if there was an alien, but BIGGER

Cameron singlehandedly ruined the series. Alien 3 was a mess, Resurrection doesn't want to be remembered. Prometheus even more so.

Holy shit yes, i once ate Peyote (hallucinogen) and fucking went to space and had sex with one, then just the skeleton of the alien, was fucking weird and awesome experience, drugs are cool

You couldn't be more wrong, dude.

They were mold-breaking designs, and they conveyed more intimacy and character than Godzilla did in that god awful flick.

I bet you would've preferred the edgy concept art more. You disgust me.

Nah

The concept art looks dumb, too.

What do you propose they do differently then? Since you seem to have a flare for creature design.

the only thing they did wrong was waste such talent on a criminally bad director

>no John Carpenter's the Thing

I thought Sup Forums was an educated board.

The Thing.

Xenomorphs are very good but they are still...too animal like. The Thing has something more utterly incomprehensible (yet coherent).

Lose the sleekness and rubbery look. Make it more organic, proper segmented carapace. Lose the long red glowing line eyes, makes it look like a machine and is my most hated part of the design. A dozen red eyes would look better than that weird visor it had.

Lotsa legs, goods, choppy mandibles, good, wings, good but it doesn't resemble Earth life whereas Godzilla does. It just stuck out weird.

What I liked about them was the sleek angular design. It conveys a fundamental otherness. They're living, breathing creatures yet they look like machines. Godzilla is familiar, just a big lizard, easy to buy. The MUTOs feel like the product of a different evolutionary process.

Monsters that look like machines are the best, though

pic very related

just look at this motherfucker

This is the only contender so far, but it's mostly just creepy as fuck. I'd go up against 10 of those guys rather than one xenomorph.

This is also a good call and may actually top the xenomorph. Maybe.

Im going to suggest Jaws. It's maybe not an imaginary monster exactly but it still gives me the heeby jeebys, to the point where I can freak myself out if I close my eyes and think about it in the bath tub.

The Thing doesn't work on the same basic animal fuckery levels as the xenomorph. The Thing's strength was it's paranoia inducement, that anyone could be the Thing, but you get the same with the xenomorph, who's infected, where is it? Why does something so big get around so easily and so quietly?

Xenomorph and Thing are god tier, but I lean more towards xenomorph because it's design was so absolutely well thought out, whereas the Thing was just a series of freak outs. Really good ones, mind you, but the alien didn't need all that to be scary and nigh unstoppable.

this should have been the first post, i was painting

>maybe top the xenomorph

The Thing definitely tops the Xenomorph. We at least know everything about the Xenomorph, and it's actually nowhere near as deadly.

The Thing can assume any shape, down to the molecular level. Sure, Xeno blood is acid... but every molecule inside the The Thing is hostile.

So like this guy said and I stated earlier, they break the mold for typical monster design.

Where I don't agree with this much at all, I will be happy to entertain the thought and draw this up for you. However, I need to know what you mean by LOTSA things Do you just want layers or tons of them coming out of every orifice?

Segmented carapace, tons of eyes, non rubbery skin.... O K, I'll start there.

For the record, the movie utilized these assets so terribly that you might not have even noticed that there are segments in the design, and actual textures and colorations; all of which washed out in a sea of black, shaky TV newscams and total lack of airtime.

>people are unironically suggesting the baddie from nu-godzilla and "monsters that look like machines"

Plebs.

I mean honestly... this is SLICK as hell

They managed to make Bug like monsters that aren't cliche beetles (like I suspect you're desiring)

>We at least know everything about the Xenomorph

This is a direct result of Aliens being a shitshow. Before that, we knew nothing, and that is exactly how it should have stayed, but nah, muh muhreens and one liners! Fuck me, that crashed ship they find the eggs in, the 'space jockey', all of that shit is so wonderfully bizarre that the alien could have been anything.

Alien = The Thing

Anything post-Alien < The Thing

Shit taste tbqh familia. You need to stop.

Man is the worst monster of all

>The Thing doesn't work on the same basic animal fuckery levels as the xenomorph
It absolutely does, and it does it better.

>The Thing's strength was it's paranoia inducement, that anyone could be the Thing, but you get the same with the xenomorph, who's infected, where is it? Why does something so big get around so easily and so quietly?
They both rely on paranoia, yes. However the Thing has less weaknesses (you HAVE to burn it, and not just burn it, but burn ALL of it otherwise it's not gone).

>who's infected
That's different, because the Xenomorph's "infection" is just incubation. An infected character just results in a baby xenomorph, and it's fairly easy for the audience (and characters) to figure out who is infected based off of who was passed out and raped by a facehugger.

The Thing's infection is much, much more terrifying. An infected character means an entirely new face for the Thing, and entirely new monster creation, and more deceit involved among characters.

>the alien didn't need to be scary and nigh unstoppable
Well, we're talking about the best monsters. That implies fear and threat. The greatest fear is that of the unknown, which both creatures rely on. However the Thing uses the Fear of the Unknown
better, because it operates on three levels.
>Level One: How does the Thing work?
>Level Two: Which one of us is The Thing?
>Level Three: What horrifying creation will the Thing look like when it appears again?

The Xenomorph only operates on two of those levels, and to a decreased capacity to boot.

The Xeno is a very scary monster as well, but The Thing is is much more terrifying. Honestly I believe we wouldn't even be arguing if John Carpenter's The Thing was a more popular movie. It got snubbed by ET because audiences wanted friendly aliens, not gruesome horror.

>However, I need to know what you mean by LOTSA things

I really like the fact they had a whole bunch of legs, the eight legs were great, that's good shit, that's monstrous, it's insectoid, very different Godzilla's more familiar reptilian form.

The guy that designs the Cloverfield-type ish monsters (also Stranger Things monster) is a hack. All his shit looks the same.

Also yes Alien is the best. After that, The Thing.

You wouldn't know decent art direction if it walked up to you and slapped away the three cocks barely contained within your asshole

looks like a staple remover

you seem to know your shit

this is my first and only comliment on Sup Forums

Hadn't she missed dinner or something the night before so she was starving? I thought that's what happened...

What's the difference between the thing and a Zombie plague? None.

The perfect organism. Giger was a genius.

thanks bro

reminded me of the steroidal version of Dinotopia mechanized seacraft

>That's different, because the Xenomorph's "infection" is just incubation. An infected character just results in a baby xenomorph, and it's fairly easy for the audience (and characters) to figure out who is infected based off of who was passed out and raped by a facehugger.

Which is great, because it seals a sense of doom and foreboding. You know it's coming, but when? It makes just a grand an entrance as the Thing, explodes out of someone's chest, and then vanishes, making the audience and characters wonder what happened and when it'll happen, or how it'll reappear.

I feel like it's the same thing done approached from a different angle.

And I have to say, I really am only talking about Alien, I'm not a fan of the sequels, any of them. They ruined the threat and mystery. Based on Alien alone, I think the Xenomorph and Thing are the top tier monsters of cinema. I love the Thing and every horrific incarnation in the movie, but there's just so much going on in the Alien's design that win me over, whereas Thing's various horrific designs, while fantastic, miss out a little from lack of any unified design or theme. However, if we're counting the Alien sequels, Thing wins because its mystery wasn't completely stripped from it.

>Humanoid form that's highly exaggerated to pervert the familiar, facelessness - it's just a big fucking mouth with no eyes or anything so you can't read any emotions off of it,

It's just a big ant.

There's a lot of differences, for example the Thing doesn't want to eat your brains and zombies don't transform into this shit. And there's many different types of zombies, very overplayed.

Anyways, zombie plagues play on similar types of fear as the Thing and Xenomorph.

But would you like to know one factor you left out?

Xenomorphs evoke a deep seeded eroticism, with it's phallic shapes and vaginal motif

That reaches a different level of terror that a pile of biomass with teeth and hair sticking out of it haphazardly cannot.

>It makes just a grand an entrance as the Thing, explodes out of someone's chest, and then vanishes, making the audience and characters wonder what happened and when it'll happen, or how it'll reappear.

True, they're both scary gorefests. But you know from the start that it will only happen once in Alien. The Thing keeps the same fear but can do it more, and in many different ways. It can infect as many characters as it wants, but you can only have one Xeno on the ship.

>I'm not a fan of the sequels, any of them. They ruined the threat and mystery.
I agree, although I appreciate Aliens for what it was. All the other sequels were garbage, kinda like how the 2011 Thing movie wasn't great.

>miss out a little from lack of any unified design or theme.
I understand that. For me, personally, that makes the Thing more horrifying, again playing into the fear of the unknown. The Xeno only has its one shape, and could've been stopped easily had their spaceship contained better lighting. The Thing is just as effective in both full light and full darkness.

I really appreciate these conversations, nobody I know has seen or will see The Thing with me. :(
pic unrelated

>dat Lambert rape scene

White """"""people""""""

Literally cant, its the perfect organism.

You're right, the Thing doesn't contain much sexual imagery. So if you're someone who's still put off by penises and vaginas I guess Alien is scarier :^)

If we go hypothetical, the Thing definitely could take advantage of the same fear. It transforms into whatever it wants, so theoretically if there was a character who was scared of sexual imagery it could turn into that in order to shock them enough to assimilate them.

And THAT would be a billion times scarier than a alien that sort of looks like a dick.

O-oh, yeah.
I've never seen the original alien

The horror. The horror.

>that sort of looks like a dick.

Missing out on all the other impregnation/rape imagery that comes with the Alien

get off my board

My cut penis.

>tfw I will never be a proper man
>tfw I will never please a woman
>tfw even hookers laugh at me

FUCK YOU MOM IT'S NOT FAIR

Not gonna lie, rage zombies freaked me when I first saw them shit. Something about a deranged, blood spewing human just stopping at nothing to tear you apart was terrifying. Something about the way they moved as well just got me.

>The Xeno only has its one shape
And this is where you are wrong. The very idea of xenomorphism means it takes the qualities of the host it incubates in, thus giving it the most absolute of edges: it can use the host's own genetic strengths to its own advantage, thus negating the host's edge, whatever that may be.

In the much maligned Alien3(I like it way more than Aliens, it's one of my favourite films in general) it is also shown to be highly intelligent(doesn't kill Ripley because she has a queen inside). Now sure, The Thing will squash you as an individual, but being raped from the outside(or the inside) by a insect-like humanoid dick monster is fucking terrifying.

>if you're someone who's still put off by penises and vaginas I guess Alien is scarier :^)

On the contrary

I want to fuck my murderous aggressor

Know any place I can watch it online?

ayy

THIS
I want to fuck a Xenomorph

Muto's were cute and they did nothing wrong to warrant their demise.

One of them killed Branny Cranny, and almost immediately after the film started

that's pretty monstrous in my opinion

theyre built for rape desu

theyll rape you

I mentioned the rape-aspect, but that only happens at the beginning of Alien and that's all they do with it. At any time, The Thing can assimilate and infect. And it does. The Xenomorph has a lot more limitations when it comes to reproduction, meaning it's more limited in general. I'd take a Xeno infestation over a Thing infestation any day of the week.

Pic related, looks pretty rape-y, no?

>maligned Alien3(I like it way more than Aliens, it's one of my favourite films in general
I guess you're a different user.

For a majority of Alien movies, it's just human-incubated xenos. If you're going to mix xenos with other species, it's only fair I bring up the Thing doing the same thing.

The Thing can be any species, any time. Perfectly disguised. I'd imagine it could replicate Xenos as well, so there's that. The reason that there is no Predator Vs The Thing is because it would be no contest.

>the xeno is also shown to be highly intelligent
The Thing is also highly intelligent, and the scariest part is we don't know HOW intelligent. The Xeno operates on the same basis as an insect, whereas the The Thing is a living, thinking disease/parasite. I'm not even sure how to classify it.

>Now sure, The Thing will squash you as an individual, but being raped from the outside(or the inside) by a insect-like humanoid dick monster is fucking terrifying.
I don't think you understand. Imagine the Xeno raping your mouth, then replicate that feeling all over your entire body. That's how the Thing assimilates people. On the cellular level.

Also,
>likes Alien 3
Get off this board.

Cute af. Where's this from?

>
I mentioned the rape-aspect, but that only happens at the beginning of Alien and that's all they do with it.

no there is much more

my dreams

I agree with a lot of what you said but I also think Alien 3 was hard done by. It's not nearly as bad a movie as people make it out to be. To me it was only after 3 the series went really downhill into shit movie territory.

>I mentioned the rape-aspect, but that only happens at the beginning of Alien and that's all they do with it.

Except you know the whole face-huger thing and nesting inside of you

The thing is just an infection there is nothing sexual about it

>doesn't like Alien3 - Assembly cut
Fuck off reddit

>How smart is the thing
As smart as the host it incubates, if not more. The question is, does it have genetic memory? I'd assume it does considering it built a small saucer to fuck off from bumfuck Antarctica so it's also fair to assume it has the genetic memory of all the previous hosts it occupied. That means it's possibly millions of years old(with all the memory and intelligence that entails) and it has higher intelligence than all of humanity combined.
If we're talking danger levels yeah, The Thing could take over Earth by Hannukah this year. But I like the xeno more because it's such a gorgeous yet menacing design.

That's the fantasy, I want big Xenomorph cocks in my ass and mouth.

Greatest movie monster of all time. You can't prove me wrong.

>As smart as the host it incubates, if not more

Honestly I don't see it, why all the turning into monster shit. If it was smart it would have just infected everyone slowly and not alerted them by turning into monsters

>The reason that there is no Predator Vs The Thing is because it would be no contest.

that's where I beg to differ

Preds have advanced tracking and scanning capability, which would make identifying their targets with ease

And I'll also state that Predator weapons can completely obliterate their prey with all sorts of advanced technology.

The Thing dies to the most primitive conventional weapons, fire.

I'm not saying it would be easy, but it would be as you said 'no contest. '

>Except you know the whole face-huger thing and nesting inside of you
Again, this only happens in the beginning of Alien.

>the Thing is just an infection
It's not a simple virus or bacteria, it's much more. There is no cure, once you have ANY residue or close contact with the Thing you're done (unless you burn it off, and good luck with that). There doesn't need to be a sexual nature for something to be a better monster. Furthermore, the Xenomorph is just essentially an insect.

The Thing is harder to kill, has a scarier appearance, induces more paranoia, and is a definitive world-ender.

There's even people who think the Thing is literally a physical manifestation of Satan: youtube.com/watch?v=UiMqd_53ATE

BRAIN?

How did it build the saucer? How did it fly there with its original spaceship? How did it manage to replicate every human/dog down to perfection?

I'd say it's highly intelligent, but it doesn't act in unison. More like a swarm of things.

*wouldn't be as you said
*make identifying their targets easy

fucking biffed that post, sorry

>Again, this only happens in the beginning of Alien.

Wat? That happens through the entire series

>It's not a simple virus or bacteria, it's much more. There is no cure

There is no cure for AIDS, so what's your point? Hell we don't even know if there is a cure since it was never properly studied.

It also tries to frame Mac and tampers with the blood. Each Thing serves itself but still has intelligence and knows how to manipulate people. Also it ya know, almost built a spaceship

>But you know from the start that it will only happen once in Alien

I can see that. But again, I feel like there's a certain amount of them being similar things approached from a different angle. Every appearance of Thing and the Alien have similar impacts, every time we see the alien it's only a glimpse of a full, terrible form, and every time we see the Thing it's another, unprecedented perversion of the familiar. There's also a certain shock to be had going from the small serpentine chestburster to the colossal black, slick xenomorph. That's a monstrous transformation in its own right.

>fear of the unknown
That's something I should have mentioned, too. With the Alien, it's more thematic than physical. It's facelessness and dark colouration, the whole about darkness and shadow all harken back to unknown things that make people afraid. It's another instance of a similar thing approached from a different.

I love talking about monsters, to be honest. Can't believe I had a good one on Sup Forums of all places.

That's my issue thought. It seems intelligent but then does dumb shit like trying to eat people and turning into monsters, directly foregoing it's biggest strength - stealth

The thing vs predator sounds fucking awesome. Imagine a hunting party slowly becoming infected and turning on each other. You say no contest like that means it wouldn't be an awesome movie.

I'm glad you stated this, because there's no reason this shouldn't immediately result in an instant win against Xenomorphs as well.

>the predator can easily detect xenos with their scanners
>preds have better weaponry than xenos
>xenos die to fire (The Thing ONLY dies to fire, I might add).

So why is there any difference?

>Alien3 Assembly Cut
So basically fan fiction? :^)

>The question is, does it have genetic memory? I'd assume it does... etc... The Thing could take over Earth by Hannukah this year... But I like the xeno more because it's such a gorgeous yet menacing design.

So the Thing is a much more dangerous, intelligent, and threatening creature, but you like the Xeno more because it's pretty.

I respect your opinion but the Thing is a better monster. If it's all the same, the Thing could alter its appearance to resemble a xenomorph anyways.

DEATH BY SNU SNU

The Alien also functions as the creature it spawned from. Take Alien for example
>takes Bret and Dallas to its chamber to turn them into egg and host respectively
>kills Parker because he was fighting
>being a rapemonster born out of a man literally rapes Lambert(that sensual/disgusting tale going up Cartwright's leg) which was the first woman it encounters
I wonder if it was meant to suggest that it has residual instinct from the species it hosts in

In Alien 3
>spawns from dog
>starts hunting anyone like its canine ancestors
>not using stealth, like a man, but speed and agility