youtube.com/watch?v=yui4zkZQwCA
youtube.com/watch?v=gdcVRueT2cw
youtube.com/watch?v=sNaR1JRNayU
youtube.com/watch?v=D1o0rrxKnj4
youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18
youtube.com/watch?v=YmN9oHa3ZIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same with you OP.I also discover king crimson and other artist through jojo

I found Death Grips through a series of Drake and Josh memes I wanted to get the joke and here I am.

I guess meme do count as another form of media

>Finding one of the most influential bands in rock music through a fucking garbage meme cartoom
>Being THIS pleb

I didn't know that there was a band known as King Crimson before I read JoJo. Do you wand people to not know about Crimson?

Also, I just remembered that I found the band "Madness" through "The Young Ones"

youtube.com/watch?v=QYp52dqOAZ8

so,what?

The best part about that comment is that Part 5 doesn't even have an animated adaptation yet, so
>meme cartoom
fairly inaccurate

Just remembered:
youtube.com/watch?v=yui4zkZQwCA

"Voltaire" from "Billy & Mandy"

kek

this

I found Madness through that Colgate commercial.
youtube.com/watch?v=gdcVRueT2cw

Found The Mendoza Line from Night Vale podcast
youtube.com/watch?v=sNaR1JRNayU

It is impossible to read this without saying it in a fake obnoxious nerd voice

>not enjoying Jojo unironically

Where have you been for the last 25 freaking years?

obviously doesn't know how to spend a friday

Jojo fridays are gone now unfortunately :(

JoJo, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, THPS series, the list could go on...

A lot of games have used licensed songs

>GTA VICE CITY STORIES

Introduced me to Judas Priest, Dio and a whole bunch of other hard rock or metal singers and bands (I probably became a metal fan due to this game. THANKS VROCK!)

>Sleeping Dogs

"Gem and the Deadheads" from Kerrang Radio had the song "Automatic Response". It was so good. Started listening to their other songs, but I wish that they had more than one album.

>GTA IV

Vladivostok FM had some great non-english songs. Started to look for more Slavic/Russian songs

I discovered Franz Ferdinand through a shitty youtube video about a world of warcraft rip-off I used to play
looking back, that's probably what got me into music

I think a lot songs nowadays are discovered due to people using them in other media, even youtube videos. Some people probably discovered some songs trough youtube poops.

San Andreas got me into David Bowie

how

Radio KDST

Somebody Up There Likes Me

>being this much of an autstic gatekeeper
go away and be an hero (sic)

Guitar Hero 3 pretty much created my musical taste until I was into high school, where I worked outward from there.

The ending of "Siren: Blood Curse" got me started on my Ikd-sj addiction.
youtube.com/watch?v=D1o0rrxKnj4

I can't really put a finger on what i enjoy so much about them, since i rarely listen to any music that is remotely like them.

If interested, check out "platonic rape", "Rum Raisin", or "eat my shit"

Pulp Fiction had Dick Dales "Misirlou", a song that got me into Surf Rock - a very underappreciated genre

bump

found about the mountain goats with this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18

But, how does it work?

King Crimson works by employing multiple musicians with varying talents in specific instruments (drums, keyboards, bass guitars etc) that are handpicked by the bands guitarist Robert Fripp. This group of people go to this thing called a "Live-Show" and sometimes a "Recording-Studio" to interact with their musical instruments in a way that makes sound appear. This sound is played in somewhat of a structured way, and while played it is recorded onto a sort of tape, disc or computer, and then it is sold as a product.

Also, the stand King Crimson erases time.

>King Crimson works by employing multiple musicians with varying talents in specific instruments (drums, keyboards, bass guitars etc) that are handpicked by the bands guitarist Robert Fripp. This group of people go to this thing called a "Live-Show" and sometimes a "Recording-Studio" to interact with their musical instruments in a way that makes sound appear. This sound is played in somewhat of a structured way, and while played it is recorded onto a sort of tape, disc or computer, and then it is sold as a product.
That makes sense

>the stand King Crimson erases time.
That doesn't make sense

Okay, fine, King Crimson just breathes fire... Nothing special.

King Crimson "stops" time for roughly 10 seconds and its user can see the actions of everyone during those 10 seconds. Diavolo can move freely, but cannot interact with anyone during this time. After the 10 seconds time "moves" normally and only Diavolo has memories of what happened in those 10 seconds.

It's similar to pressing a Skip button on your remote control. When time is "erased", it means that no one has memories of what happened during those 10 seconds, so it's like it never really happened.

Oh, I get it now

Dick Dale is a goddamn treasure, I tell you.

when i was a kid my mom took me to see Dick Dale and we got a signature for my grandpa and I fell asleep

Inherent Vice introduced me to Can when they played Vitamin C

it's a pretty patrician movie

Woah, Can's "Vitamin C" was also referenced in the newest part of Jojo! Nice :)

youtube.com/watch?v=YmN9oHa3ZIQ

It's a great song!