Can you name a studio with bigger balls?

can you name a studio with bigger balls?

what balls does Marvel have?

>big balls

>releases safe, generic, assembly line built flicks
>cartoon fantasies that don't acknowledge the consequences of violence

>Marvel Shit, not even once.

this

You just know these two retards just left Sup Forums
they completely decimated hollywoods studio formating before disney bought them

Yes...Literally all of them...

I LIKE MATRIX

>They released one hit movie, three flops and a middle of the road generic movie before disney bought them out
fixed

I hate them solely for the fact that they never try anything other than formulaic 5/10s

ant man was good though. but not a huge risk by any means

Are you out of your fucking mind? Ant Man was a MAJOR risk.

>he thinks this is about quality of movies and not their practices
Just stick to videogames and leave Sup Forums to people that know stuff about cinema, IMDBdrone

Okay then, explain their balls as thoroughly as possible. I'm interested to know.

>Be Marvel
>You had to sell your best IPs
>Your super franchise of mutants is owned by Fox and Brian Singer has made it the archetype of comic book movies with it
>Your greatest and most popular IP belongs to fucking Sony and it's making millions and critical acclaim with Sam Raimi
>Fantastic 4 is with Fox, you can't use that to start a trilogy or something
>Fuck it, Hulk was a disappointment too
>Your competition, DC, is having smashing success with the rebooted Batman, with The Dark Knight looking like it will be the second coming
>Whatever, let's do our own thing. Let's begin with a B class superhero and try to make it into a cinematic universe like in the comics
>Iron Man is released, is a great movie and references a possible crossover with Hulk and Nick Fury appears
>Little by little more movies with lesser known heroes are setting the bases of an Avengers event
>Avengers is released. It's in the top five of greatest box office of all time
>Continue with phase two, more great movies (Winter Soldier), unknown heroes (GOTG) and modest little genre movies (Ant-Man)
>Every Marvel movie now is a rotund success
>Competition collapses as they try to imitate our success. They are making themselves look pants down retarded with fail after fail at the box office and with the critics
>Infinity War will make literally buildings of money for Marvel-Disney

Yeah, balls

Probably not. The most all-in way of starting a cinematic universe.

This

>Be Marvel
>Consistently release inoffensive and generic family friendly adventure comedies
>Be attached to the original Comic Book company so as to give the illusion of authenticity
>Public thinks you are an underdog, even after being bought out by the most powerful multimedia conglomerate in the world and is willing to lap up your shit no matter how stinky because, "at least Marvel 'gets' it"
Yeah, balls.

this

Yes.

Why would you *want* Marvel to make anything other than inoffensive family friendly adventure movies? Marvel are a comics company, their icons are men in colourful leotards who punch evil. Yet Winter Soldier was a taut violent thriller with modest political overtones. And Daredevil was the best thing since sliced bread. I reckon they're doing pretty damn well with the material they have. Whose "responsibility" is it to make mature and meaningful movies out of pulp comic superheroes? Should that even be attempted? Christopher Nolan succeeded - once; DC haven't been able to replicate the magic since. One thing is for sure Marvel have got a fucking excellent business model going.

>Marvel have got a fucking excellent business model going.
That's lovely for them. It doesn't make me any more inclined to go see their boring movies though.

>Marvel are a comics company, their icons are men in colourful leotards who punch evil.
That is an extremely reductive statement.

Weinstein

They had a character nobody (except fans) knew or gave a fuck, Iron Man.

>Fuck it, we can do it. Lets call that washed up actor that was arrested, went from scandal to scandal and hasnt appeared on any decent film in years and put all our remaining chips on him.

Thats having balls, kids. Anyone can make a Supes or Batman movie (providing you dont Schumacher the film) and see the money flow.

I wanna see DC make an Aquaman (without the JLA crutches) or an Martian Manhunter movie and hit the level of success of Iron Man.