Fort McMurray General - Alberta is fucked edition

**Fire over 100 square KM in size

** Expected to double today.

** 30,000 stranded north of Fort Mcmurray

*Fire conditions continue to be extreme across much of the province. As of the evening of 6 May, Agriculture and Forestry was actively monitoring 44 fires in the province with 7 listed as out of control.

**4,000 car convoy trying to head south today.

Other urls found in this thread:

macleans.ca/news/canada/how-big-is-the-fort-mcmurray-fire/
globalnews.ca/video/2683351/fort-mcmurray-wildfire-a-timeline-of-a-disaster
metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/player.jsp?id=29&cam=65&lang=e
youtube.com/channel/UCmyRXbKxO1C_YD4xHpasgzw/videos
cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/fort-mcmurray-fire-what-people-brought-with-them-1.3571040
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Syncrude is winding down operations, Major tar sand project to the SE of Fort McM is under direct threat today.

macleans.ca/news/canada/how-big-is-the-fort-mcmurray-fire/

globalnews.ca/video/2683351/fort-mcmurray-wildfire-a-timeline-of-a-disaster

>Expected to double today.

Canada are lousy at fighting fires.

So have any of the convoys been successful? I heard one stopped cause there was too much smoke.

Where are the leafs?

The fire appears to be forming the likeness of Roger Mellie.

Most have been forced to turn back.

Smoke has been blown towards the north, and it so smoky that the airfields had to shut down as they are not IFR airfields.

Also, today the Nexan site is under direct threat, thanks meme magic.

Report from Syncrude

Emergency evac alarms in the plant sounded at midnight with workers on site completely unaware of the "safe" and "timely" shutdown. A bulldozer had to open the blocked north gate so people could get out because they were not permitted to go through the plant

>tfw no qt firefighter gf

metcam.navcanada.ca/hb/player.jsp?id=29&cam=65&lang=e

Look how smoky it is!

Died in the fire

That shit came so close to being burned down, but they stopped it.

why dont they just extinguish it

why is alberta on fire?

THEN THE FIRE WINS

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND

is it still burning? holy shit.

Come smother it with your fat ass Muhammad, I'm sure they would welcome it

Then the fire would win. You cant solve every problem through violence.tho trudeau said he would extinguish it if nessesary

can we start taxing canada for all these carbon emissions?

does this mean we'll have to take in Canadian refugees?

So, how close is the blaze to the sulfur pyramids?

Environmentalists passed laws that prevented forestry maintenance (Cleaning up underbrush and dead-falls) so you have up to 20 years of dead material as fuel.

Northern Alberta is about as remote as you can get. Only one town of 20,000 exists north of Fort McMurray.

Liberals cut the firefighting budget

Its grown to the point it making it own weather.

Yes

I live in Northern Alberta, AMA.

we don't come to those fucking threads anymore,
it's just fucking hate
hate for people who lost everything they had in a hell fire

FYI Alberta is the less cucked place in the country, a lot of people are Trump supporters, you are spewing hate on your allies and friends,
on your white brothers

so fuck you all

how's the weather?

Entire community existing for tar sands mining
Tar sands extremely dirty, causing accelerated climate change
Climate change causes dead forests, dry kindling, and a tinderbox for fire
Fire destroys town

Nature, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

We don't hate you. We hope you are all safe from the fire and that you get your lives back in gear.

Its still a distance from the Pyramids, but it is getting close to one of the southern extraction sites.

Why aren't you going door to door in the fort rescuing stranded kitties and puppers?

that's a bitchy attitude

come into every thread expecting hate, seriously, this is Sup Forums, go to reddit if you want filtered content

Only hate I saw was the stupid shitposter who would say burns Edmonton with a Seinfeld image that posted every thread.

Then again, I was gone most of yesterday.

if thats true thats fucking ironic

>pass laws to aid environment

>leads to out of control fire which releases 1000000000000x more greenhouses gases than it would have otherwise

Hazy as fuck. The weather is in theory blue skies and sun but it's just gray, and there's some ash on the city and it smells smoky. People with asthma and other breathing issues are told to refrain from coming outside. I work in a hospital (doctor) and we've had lots of old people come in with breathing difficulties.
I work as a doctor, have to save people, but I feel for the animals.

>a lot of people are Trump supporters

Racist.

MAGA and save the stranded kitteh!

Welcome to Hell.

Keep going Canada bro. You have no other choice.

Don't worry little leaf, we don't hate you. Memes are just Memes, they mean nothing.

Who wants to bed it was caused by anti-oil cucks?

DOUBLING TODAY

How can anyone hate canada or canadians (outside of Québécois that is, fuck those french commie inbred bastards)

wow that's pretty admirable

good luck neighbor

Thanks man, we might need help from you guys, I've never seen a fire like this in my entire life.

Our liberal shitposting wrought this upon us. Not much to do now but meme it East.

Holy shit

>yfw Kek punishes leaf posters by burning Canada to the ground

dat ass

wow you guys drive live retards

keep a buffer and you won't have traffic like that

Is there any chance this fire can spread to us? Can we bomb Canada in self defense if they don't get their shit together?

All joking aside, I sent $50 dollars (Not the the red cross but to another group) and America has your back, even if you burned the white house back in 1812

Jeez, it looks like an apocalypse up there.

just bomb us anyways. trudeau has made me suicidal

Photo from less then 10 mins ago.

How long has this fire been going? 3-4 days?

I was talking to a forest firefighter who used to work in Manitoba yesterday.

He said those fire can burn upto 1.2 meters into the ground and there will be embers and burning until this winter. Unless we can somehow flood that area instantly with like a meter of water there is no way that fire is going to be put out.

Even if it burns down the entirety of northern Alberta, as soon as it hits the prairies it's not going any farther.

Thanks Ameribro. We'd do the same if something this bad was happening to you.

We've had people coming in to the hospital who have inhaled huge amounts of dust who drove down from Ft. McMurray

Gl albertan bros

Dubba dubs all day and night and I don't script.
It's like you're right here next to me, Kek.

to give an idea of how quickly this fucker blew up

Nice exif let's see where you live and what else I can dig up.

here's the rest for those interested

youtube.com/channel/UCmyRXbKxO1C_YD4xHpasgzw/videos

Honestly less than a week. We've had fires in Northern Alberta and BC for a while, but this one started outside of Ft. McMurray and then pretty much the next day the place was evacuated. It's scary how God can cause such a wrath to be released on us.

>burn the Whitehouse pay the toll

Albertan proud reporting in

If you kill your enemies they win.

But didn't the British do that?

BC wildfire here, he's right....it gets into the root systems and duff and will keep popping back up starting fires in other place...sometimes months later

Its from the airport webmcam. Link has been posted in this thread

Since around May 1

Yes, the best you can do is control it and let it burn in place, unless you get say, 5-10cm of rain.

If you extinguish the fire, it wins.

Pic related is a burn victim that came in yesterday.

Isn't Alberta like the most fucked up state?
Because of mining companies overexploiting everything
It would be fucking great if they found out the fire started because of some fracking incident or some shit

DAMN GINA

Holy Christ.

Do you not have the same patient privacy laws that we do here in the USA, or is the patient deceased so it doesn't matter?

Is that bitch a firefighter? Like, who is she gonna pull out of a burning house?

>God
I read somewhere that they think it's not naturally caused?

Feel the Bern.

cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/fort-mcmurray-fire-what-people-brought-with-them-1.3571040

Still laughing about the dog bringing it's ball.

this is a Japanese man that got horrible radiation poisoning.

Ignore Canadian posts.

Holy fuck, what the fuck do they tell you in that cuck shithole about Alberta??? That's wildly inaccurate.

I'm hoping some newfag will believe that is a burn victim. It's actually Hisashi Ouchi.

well his penis is covered

Thats Hiroshi Ouchi :^)

Its a shitpost user. There not been burn victims, just smoke inhalation

>A doctor shitposts all over Sup Forums while trying to keep people from dying in bumfuck Canada

Why am I not surprised, and that guy dying in a forest fire wouldn't have been more humane than what really happened

explains why the fire hasn't been extinguished

It's like that on a good day even when there's not a hurricane Tbqh famalam.

Sorry man I lied to you, I just posted that for shits and giggles. No burn victims yet, amazingly. It's really Hisashi Ouchi, record holder for the person to live the longest with acute radiation syndrome.

who's the arsonist that started this fire? has he/she/xhe been apprehended yet?

She can pull my fucking dick out of the house any time

Fuck man I don't have a family, I live alone so my life consists of shitposting and work, humour me.

So this has been burning all week, right? Is there something the firefighters can do at this point, besides evacuate the public?

Noone knows yet, its been too crazy to do any fire investigation and it could be weeks or months until they make a determination. And unless there were witnesses its unlikely they'll find out who did it

Still amazed that guy lasted 24 hours.

>Hiroshi Ouchi
>radiation

You don't have a family? How old are you?