Just watched this

Just watched this

Kinda "meh"

>Kinda "meh"

Literally the entirety of the MCU

Is this the capeshit circlejerking thread?

t. plebeian cucks

I liked Winter Solider
Besides Thor and Avenger films I've enjoyed Marvel

But by the time this movie got to the air port fight all I could think was "it took all this effort just to bore me"

you need to go back

I watched it for the first time yesterday. It was good, not a towering work of genius, but good solid entertainment and exceptionally well put together given that it introduced a completely new character with his own arc while still managing to accommodate most of the Avengers, the Winter Soldier himself, AND a couple of "celebrity guests" AND somehow still keep the focus on the Cap - Bucky - Stark "love triangle" while still giving meaningful roles to the lesser characters. That's very skilfully done. Especially when compared to the clumsy, pointless shoehorning of Wonder Woman and the Justice League into BVS or the useless and redundant bit players in Suicide Squad.

Lots of fun.

pleb

Also, I thought Robert Downey Jr. gave his best performance as Tony Stark in this. Hunted, haunted, his quips failing to hide the emptiness in his eyes. The scene where the black woman reaches into her purse and he automatically assumes she's about to pull a gun for example - very well done.

Felt bad for him at the end when Cap and Bucky beat the shit out of him, too.

literally the definition of shut your brain off and enjoy it, just like the rest of all the Marvel flicks

I think the reason that Marvel is so successful is that their blockbusters are not totally devoid of any depth.

I mean they actually put effort into their characters, and the actors actually try with their performances.

Most blockbusters are low effort shlock.

Marvel actually tries.

I'm glad Joss Whedon dropped out of the Infinity Wars. The Russos can handle multiple characters better.

agree it was his best performance since IM

The scene where they were watching the tape was really good. The theater was tense.

I found its dialogue slightly less cringy than Age of Ultron

easy to have a consistent character narrative throughout the movie when you aren't trying to work around reshoots and heavy editing two months before it's in theatres

fucking DC/WB saw marvel/disney making bank after striking oil and said "I WANT THAT", so they desperately fill a hole with old motor oil and proclaim it the same thing when thirty feet underneath that is the unspoiled diamond mine that is their IP's as a whole universe

Yep. Even Captain America is superficially bland but there's actually a quiet sadness about him which Chris Evans pulls off quite well. He's a time traveller who can't ever go back to his own era, marooned in a world he doesn't like all that much. Small wonder he's hung up on Bucky; he's the last piece of his lost reality that he can cling to.

Kek

Joss Whedon's presence could still be felt in the dialogue, which made what would have been a mediocre movie terrible.

I was far too busy thinking "how the fuck did they manage to get these camera angles"

i mean, they had some seriously advanced tech in the 40's in the MCU so some kind of recording drone in the 90's isn't ridiculous to consider, but STILL

Their depiction of Cap is how Superman needs to be.

>Small wonder he's hung up on Bucky; he's the last piece of his lost reality that he can cling to.

I tried to explain this to my wife and how it kinda works with him going to carter's funeral and all that, but i don't think she really understood how fucking much it would suck to be flung 70 years into the future and immediately embroiled in the conflict surrounding the artifact you thought you were sacrificing yourself to hide/destroy

that's some heavy shit, man. We all laughed during the first Avengers movie when he got the Wizard of Oz reference, but i can't imagine the flurry of emotions that went through the character's head in that brief moment.

This guy by the way, this guy was awesome.

He had his own storyline threaded right through the movie, learned something and became a better person by the end of it, had Grace Jones as his bodyguard and his suit was cool as fuck

How is this movie still in theatres??

>A black character named Black Panther
Who writes this shit? It sounds like fanfiction or something

You've just grown up. Marvel shit hasn't changed.

Cat Nigga wasn't deemed suitable.

I'd legitimately give it a 9/10.

the whole iron man vs bucky thing felt like it was rooted in the whole
>"no you don't understand he didn't do it on purpose he can be redeemed"
>"no he hurt me and i hurt him now"
trope, but black panther's motivations were far closer to that than the trio of cap/IM/bucky

it almost felt purposeful to make the main conflict a bit more sensible and meaty

These may be the best reviews ive read about CW

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky quips movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Kind of meh?
Kind of?
More like completely meh.

The only noteworthy thing about the movie was that it made 1 billion dollars.

Autist.

it's basically a made-for TV movie with no substance/complexity... that goes to the movies b/c it has superheros and all the 7 year old kids want to see it in the teathers