Prisoners (2013)

>Prisoners (2013)
>Enemy (2014)
>Sicario (2015)
>Arrival (2016)
>Blade Runner Sequel (2017)

Is there a director that ever had a more productive streak? every year this guy is shitting out one god-tier film after another...
Will he save cinema?

>Prisoners (2013)
>Enemy (2014)
forgettable

>Sicario (2015)
I'll give you that

>Arrival (2016)
Shit

>Blade Runner Sequel (2017)
Haven't even come out yet and you're already sucking dick? It's probably going to be shit. Old Classic + Sequel no one asked for = disaster

You're going to leave out his best?

i was talking about his most productive streak that started in 2013, since then he made a movie every year...
would you recommend Incendies?

>Arrival (2016)
>Shit
>Blade Runner Sequel
>Shit
you haven't even seen them, how can you form a negative opinion already? you are everything wrong with Sup Forums

Prisoners was a well made episode of law and order 7/10

Enemy haven't seen

Sicario was operator as fuck, 8.7/10

Arrival looks good

It's not perfect, but Incendies is his best I'd say. And I really enjoy his other work, Enemy isn't great to me though.

I think Prisoners is better than everyone assumes...
It deals with themes of morality that no episode of Law & Order ever would.
It's just as good as True Detective S1 in my opinion.

Whether you liked it or not Enemy definitely wasn't forgettable.

i also love being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

also OP Arrival and Blade runner aren't out yet but his past filmography has been amazing.

>Enemy
>good

Biggest fear I have with Arrival is that it will rely heavily on flashbacks to reveal character, if it stays faithful to the story.

Flashbacks can really deride from having quality pace.

did you read the short story? how can i find it?

Google the pdf, easy to find. Very nice, quick read which focuses a lot on linguistics and "free will"/concepts related to the 4th dimension for lack of better terms.

Fair warning though is that once you read it, you'll understand why it will probably make a very dry, underwhelming cinematic piece. This isn't a story about the aliens or how mankind deals with them, but about how the protagonist learns about herself through meeting them.

/thread

ok, i have high hopes for the film but if you're right it really could be a bit disappointing.

i hoped the story with the aliens could be a metaphor for the everlasting inability of humanity to communicate with each other properly.

Think how Signs tries to deal with themes such as faith, God, miracles, coincidence vs things happen for a reason, etc rather than Independence Day or War of the Worlds, except nothing remotely spooky happens.

To your second point, that's a theme that's touched upon. It REALLY focuses on linguistics and how our way communication vastly differs from the way the aliens do it....with lots of metaphors and allegories.

sounds really interesting! found the pdf, i'm reading it now. thanks for the rec and the explanation familia.

Np np enjoy

> This isn't a story about the aliens or how mankind deals with them, but about how the protagonist learns about herself through meeting them.

FUCKING DROPPED

goddammit hollywood, this is the same shit in contact and signs. you have all the tools of a good sci-fi movie; good cast, good director, good premise. then you have to do MUH HUMANITY and ruin it

It was forgettable unless all you watch is capeshit. As a "art movie" it was as safe as you could get. Film school project tier shit with symbolism hitting you in the face.

>you haven't even seen them
You neither
>how can you form a negative opinion already?
I already explained why I think it's going to be shit.

>contrarian
I don't think you know what that word means, reddit.

>says Arrival is shit despite it not being out yet
>gives someone else shit for saying a movie that hasn't come out yet will be good

You're an enormous faggot piece of shit.

>trailer is out

Yeah sorry for ruining the circlejerk, reddit.

Nothing you say will make you less retarded.

>buttmad redditor

Don't be so sure. The short story has virtually NO conflict...and I think the powers that be understand that cannot hold up in a the movie medium if they want it to be successful.

Even the aliens "ship" and skewed gravity in the trailer is an alteration from the original.

My belief is there will be a MAJOR separation from the short story in terms of overall plot, because there is nothing really else they can do without the audience wanting their shekels back.

It's not about dumbing down the content, but actually making something worthy of the film medium.

Blade Runner will be shit

>Prisoners (2013)
>Enemy (2014)
>Sicario (2015)
were these supposed to be good films?

>>>/reddit/

>that juicy mexico convoy scene

muh dick

>a two minute trailer determines the quality of an entire movie

Fuck, you're dumb

you guys are all faggots and sicario is shit reddit kino

Prisoners - 6/10
Enemy - 3/10
Sicario - 8/10

>Enemy that low

If anything I liked it more than Prisoners. Maybe I should watch it again but Prisoners really didnt live up to the hype

Prisoners was great. It's beautiful.

Those are all good movies, prisoners is great you try hard niggers quit acting like youre above it.
>reddit
I dont go on reddit ever so you faggots better not tell me to go back there. Stop trying to act all aloof and cool. Those are good movies just accept it.

Thanks for the tip user. I've only watched a few of his films but I like what I've watched, so I'm about to go through his filmography

hope you enjoy them. I especially love Enemy, he really tried to emulate Lynch there but it worked...

>Prisoners
>Amazing performances
>Great plot and conclusion

>Enemy
>What the fuck did I just watch and why am I loving it so much?

>Sicario
>Operator/10
>Blunt/10

>Arrival
>Not out yet

He really is on the right path to being the next Nolan.

i'd prefer him being more like Paul Thomas Anderson, someone who stays true to his style, always gets his movies financed and doesn't pander to mainstream hollywood...