Zack Snyder NOT involved with Shazam!

newsweek.com/exclusive-how-shazam-movie-will-build-warner-bros-recent-dc-comics-misfires-489840

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc
youtube.com/watch?v=0MdK8hBkR3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really wish DC had the balls to call him Captain Marvel in the movie.

Copyright nightmare

But he was Captain Marvel 20 years before Marvel Comics was even a thing.

They lost the copyright a long time ago, keep up.

He was still Captain Marvel even though they changed the name of the comic. They only changed the character's name in 2011 for the reboot.

And they can't publish anything under the name Captain Marvel

the agreement between marvel and dc says "you can call him whatever the fuck you want to in the book, you just can't use the name in the book's title" which extends to other properties

only geoff johns thought that meant "we can't call him CM any more"

So it will be generic Marvel trash.

Dropped

How is Shazam! going to work?

Captain Marvel is OP as fuck, hasn't he beaten down Superman a few times in a straight up fight?

yeah isn't Shazam the dirty old wizard that give Captain Marvel his powers?

Also the basis of his powers and how he changes forms.

How does he refer to himself if his name is Shazam and it's also the magic word that turns him into the superhero?

he fights strong enemies, and the major pull for him is being a ten year old and having an adopted family

>no live action version of this
being a DC fan is suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc

Let's cast. Whoever as the kids. John Cena as Captain Marvel and Alexandra Daddario as Mary Marvel.

>Zack Snyder NOT involved with Shazam!
it has a chance to be good

I liked John Cena until this...

youtube.com/watch?v=0MdK8hBkR3s

I'm not reading that clickbait. What does Snyder have to do with anything? Why would anyone assume he's involved in anything he isn't directing?

Snyder was involved with Suicide Squad and is heavily involved with Wonder Woman and Aquaman even though he's not directing them.

Captain Marvel has magic, which is one of Superman's vulnerabilities, so yeah, he can take Supes theoretically.

>You are a Marvel, Captain.

This. All I got from that last paragraph at the end.

His name is Captain Marvel. Shazam is the word he uses to transform

The collateral damage in that scene makes MoS look tame

I really hope they don't try to make the adventures of a little kid who gets superman powers from a wizard dark and edgy like all the other DC movies.

It might be cool if they involve the magical underworld a lot in the storyline, like Zatanna and demons and that magic stone that Shazam protects that's like the source of all magical powers on Earth

Has he been casted yet?

I know The Rock is Black Adam.

Captain Marvel has beaten superman in fights, but superman has also beaten Captain Marvel in fights. They're pretty similar in power levels.

The "magic" thing doesn't really give Marvel an edge because all he can really do with it is summon lightning bolts which barely effect Superman. Superman is only weak to "rule" magic, like "this sword cuts through anything no matter what" or "the person caught in this rope must tell the truth". Magic that just makes somebody hit harder has the same effect as any other hard hit, there's no difference to superman between getting punched by Zod or Marvel.

but it was already garbage

Why couldn't they have just made Bryan Cranston Lex Luthor?? Big fuckup by snyder.

Also Superman killed a shit ton of people in this clip

What the fuck? Why don't you disgusting neckbeards ever call him Man of Murder??? Just look at all those buildings

Fucking dumbass knit picking fucks I hate you all

>another strong guy in spandex and cape

man WB is fucking retarded

It's been a while since I saw that episode, but I'm pretty sure that whole complex was brand new, just finished by Luthor. Nobody was in it. In fact, the whole thing was set up by Luthor so that Superman and Marvel would fight all-out so they looked bad for camera crews. He intentionally set it up to have no civilians so they would cause more damage.

but le kino king :(

>Youre amazing Captain, Marvel is the only word i cant think of to describe you.

Had to walk out the theater.

not that user but that's his point

>Cool song Billy, who is the artist?
>Hold on, let me get my phone to check Shazam.

Fucking kill me

>most popular hero of the 1940s cucked out of his own name
At least zack snyder can't ruin him like he did superman.

> Snyder fucking off.

Maybe DC will finally stand a chance.

>Superman-Lite in red pajamas

Who gives a fuck?

I have zero interest for Johns "shazam".

Gvie me Captain Marvel or nothing.

new costume really sucks imo. Old costume is GOAT for superhero.

>2020

>Shazam flops

>Snyder recruited to direct Alan Moore's Miracleman epic as a trilogy.

>Redefines cinematic language for decades to come, earns myriad accolades for all involved. Snyder hailed as genius.

His name is Shazam now in the comics. In current continuity he can say his name all he wants, he only transforms if he wants to when he says it. He has to mean it, basically.

Armageddon arrives when?

I really hope it's dark though

Johns change it, there was no longer Gods or meaning of the word, Shazam went from a merlynesque wizard to an australian Abo with no name.