Anthem frustration

Why the fuck did Poland replace the GLORIOUS anthem of Mother of God (Bogurodzica) that stands for everything Poland was, with a turd that glorifies Napoleon and mindless sacrifices?

Being an atheist, I see that faith was always the source of Polish success, and withstanding oppression. So Mother of God would be the perfect anthem for my nation, since it is another pillar of faith.

And what even is Mazurek Dąbrowskiego about?
Fucking marching for Napoleon, dying in Italy and Africa due to his tiny dick syndrome, and being a servant of the French.

Do you also have shitty anthems, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NrhHjoyaHdo
youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU
youtube.com/watch?v=o_j_N6kUMQo
youtube.com/watch?v=QpbIryplqUI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Poland
youtube.com/watch?v=o_VL6ZYv2bE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

le fucking garbage

Time to prep the prayer mat, Bin Muller

Bogurodzica

freemasons lad

>Why the fuck did Poland replace the GLORIOUS anthem of Mother of God (Bogurodzica)

1, When was it ever the national anthem?
2. Why would you want a national anthem that's all about an unmarried pregnant woman who lacked the common sense to use birth control?
3. Why would you want an anthem whose name is the Latvian word for "hooker"?

1. Because faith.
2. Because ebin new age reddit atheism doesn't leak into the general public. Thankfully.
3. For the same reason I think of soup when a Russian says "ass" in his language.

Seriously, don't you have a plushie to fuck?

Oh, I fucked up.
1. In the middle ages. First ever anthem of Poland up until the 18th/19th century.

youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

>First ever anthem of Poland up until the 18th/19th century.

The Rzeczpospolita never had an anthem, and there was no Poland in the 19th century. It was played at a few of the coronation ceremonies of some of the early Jagellonians, but most of them were French and Hungarian. It's not a great tune, it's not instrumental, and it's too retro even for modern Poland, a place where people seem to think the era of the Crusades was about the right amount of progress.

Try again.

>The Rzeczpospolita never had an anthem
Don't go full retard. And
youtube.com/watch?v=o_j_N6kUMQo

Bogurodzica wasn't an anthem, but a battle song. Gaude Mater Polonia was. Educate yourself, retards, cuz this is a common mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=QpbIryplqUI

>youtube
Great primary source of information for the pre-Partition commonwealth.

The Gaude Mater was the royal anthem of the Piasts, but after Casmir the 3rd none of them were in Poland anyway. You might as well say it was the Masovian anthem, or the Silesian one, since it was actually associated with the state longer in those places.

>The Rzeczpospolita never had an anthem
Why so sauer, Kraut?

>and there was no Poland in the 19th century
Pic related, after the detronization of tzar Nikolai.

>It was played at a few of the coronation ceremonies of some of the early Jagellonians
It was played regularly at various occassions due to folk mixing it with other religious songs/anthems.

>but most of them were French and Hungarian
tippest of toppest keks
The Hungarian part is barely true up until the end of their dynasty, and the French part is just fantasy.

>It's not a great tune
Doesn't have to be.

>it's not instrumental
Doesn't have to be.

>and it's too retro even for modern Poland
And Mazurek isn't? lol, a song about Bonaparte not retro.

> a place where people seem to think the era of the Crusades was about the right amount of progress
Oh, so this is the famous German buttblast after one realises that the greatest leader in his history was in fact not German, but Austrian.

Oh well, stay a puppet.

Right in the description:
>One of two anthems of First Polish Rzeczpospolita
>There were two anthems In the Republic / Rzeczpospolita:
- Bogurodzica (Mother of God)
- Gaude Mater Polonia

kek, your own source tells you you're wrong.

Just shut the fuck up, Janusz.

>The Gaude Mater was the royal anthem of the Piasts, but after Casmir the 3rd none of them were in Poland anyway
At the time of Kazimierz Wielki the nobility was in charge anyway, so who cares.

>You might as well say it was the Masovian anthem, or the Silesian one, since it was actually associated with the state longer in those places.
>states
>after Łokietek
wat

>after the detronization of tzar Nikolai
in 1917...

In English, "19th century" means 1801 to 1900.

> the French part is just fantasy
Jadwiga of Poland's grandfather was Charles Martel, faggot. But I was being polite, they were mostly Germans, like nearly everyone in Polish history who had any culture, civilization or ability.

As for the last bit, pic related.

Bogurodzica was the first "unofficial" anthem of the PK and Gaude Mater Polonia was later the official anthem of the CKP.
>In English, "19th century" means 1801 to 1900.
Don't go full retard kraut.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Poland

Stfu Marcin. I don't care what some idiot put in youtube description. As I said: Bogurodzica was a song sung moments before battle to increase morale. Today it is said that it served as an anthem but actually it has never been officialy.
Gaude Mater Polonia, on the other hand, was anthem and it was sung after winning battle, as a glory song.

>>after the detronization of tzar Nikolai
>in 1917...
Are you retarded?
>Nicholas I (Hикoлaй I Пaвлoвич, r Nikolai I Pavlovich; 6 July [O.S. 25 June] 1796 – 2 March [O.S. 18 February] 1855) was the Emperor of Russia from 1825 until 1855. He was also the King of Poland and Grand Duke of Finland.
You didn't even know there was one before the unfortunate guy that got killed by bolsheviks?
Kraut education everyone!

>In English, "19th century" means 1801 to 1900.
Look like you're the one that doesn't know what's up. Oh well.

>> the French part is just fantasy
Jadwiga of Poland's grandfather was Charles Martel, faggot.
>Jadwiga
>father: Ludwik Węgierski, ancestors weren't French up until his great-great-great-grandfather
>mother: Elżbieta Bosniaczka, of Bosnian ancestry
So, I'm probably Jewish that way.
Kraut education everyone.

>But I was being polite, they were mostly Germans, like nearly everyone in Polish history
>this deluded
top kek

>>who had any culture, civilization or ability
>we wuz roman emperors n sheeeeit

>As for the last bit, pic related.
Then I have to prepare a response...
pic related, before the massive rape of Berlin.

No, it's generally approved by historians that it served as the early anthem of Poland, and it did later as the anthem of Lithuania as well.

>link a video
>video proves wrong
>>huer huer, Mardzin, I dont care
>>but lemme educate you a bit more
Great strategy, mate.

>>video proves wrong
There is nowhere in the video said anything about Bogurodzica, fucktard.

Nie zesraj się z podniecenia tą piesnią. Oficjalnie hymnem nie była i twój ból dupy tego nie zmieni. Nie wprowadzaj ludzi w błąd.

>>There is nowhere in the video said anything about Bogurodzica, fucktard.
Neither about Gaude Mater Polonia.
However, the description says otherwise.
Take it how you want it, but you don't have absolute confirmation either, if that's how you want to play it.

>Nie zesraj się z podniecenia tą piesnią. Oficjalnie hymnem nie była i twój ból dupy tego nie zmieni. Nie wprowadzaj ludzi w błąd.
Januszku, oficjalny konsensus głosi, że była hymnem narodowym. Zakładam, że twoje źródła wykraczają poza konsensus i na ich podstawie możesz bezkompromisowo stwierdzić, że Bogurodzica nie była, a Gaude Mater Polonia wyłącznie była hymnem.

rota is good too
youtube.com/watch?v=o_VL6ZYv2bE