Does anyone even play wow anymore?? I haven't played since WOTLK.. is it any good now?

Does anyone even play wow anymore?? I haven't played since WOTLK.. is it any good now?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsaS1Tm-Ic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope. Don't go back, is not worth the money/time

Most people that go back to WoW quit within 20 days.. The game is that bad.

unimaginative game its never really rebirthed itself.
I do still pvp time to time but I buy time with gold

Currently playing wotlk(warmane) and waiting for the upcoming TBC server. It's not that bad.

>i havent played since WOTLK, is it any good?
kill yourself you basic bitch faggot, every autist keeps saying the same shit, the games a grindfest, enjoy your shitty vanilla experience

I play WOTLK on a private server with some friends. PvP only though. Can still be fun sometimes.

quit after 10 days, waste of money and time

If you're trying to get back into it do raf. It's pretty awesome

hi all

Nostalgia wears off quick. Massive changes leave you isolated.

It's a whole new game now, but the legion is dope.

The game killed itself in Cata and WoD was the worst abomination known to mankind. I will never come back to it.

Only people that play that now are Blizzard fanboys and over 30 women looking for a father to their children. Game's pretty boring now

I still play. Im really hoping they pump out the patch soon, there wasnt much to do this patch unless you are a hardcore raider. I have yet to see anyone with the class mounts that they released. Its fun, and the sense of adventure is still there for me, but they just need to keep new shit coming out.

>. Its fun, and the sense of adventure is still there for me

I hear if you keep telling yourself that, you'll start to believe it

Switch over to Guild Wars 2. Free to play.

That game is abysmal compared to the original guild wars

>gw2
hows your autism treating you? thats 99% of gw2 community, autistic liberal cucks

Played it for 2 years before the cucks took over, f2p made it even worse

It helps to not be the kind of person who refuses to think WoW has been anything but garbage since WotLK. Legion is good. The zones were well made, the dungeons and raids up till now have been really interesting and fun. The world quest system makes rep grinding a LOT easier and feel considerably less grindy. The only thing that will hurt Legion at this point is if they decide to sit back and not release new content.

I bought it and played for a few months, then quit again right around when I needed to find a group to do an instance I couldn't que for.

community seems to be at its absolute most toxic its ever been. and they've just added more layers of things people will judge you on when it comes to doing instance runs

the ONLY thing I liked was the endgame pvp cause of the loots you actually get for pvp now.

but early pvp is the worst its ever been now that gear doesn't matter at all for pvp..

I collected pets, so it wasn't my concern to get max everything, but it was just an endless wall of tiny progression and less and less reason to play another class..... this might be a bit better with recent patches tho

play for nostalgia OP, but don't expect WOTLK

Honestly its up to you. You'll never get a clear answer. If youre the kind of person who is open and doesnt have to play god tier AAA titles or god tier indy games just to have fun, youll probably enjoy it. Theres tons of lore and world to explore and its all around a fun time.

Guild Wars 2 feels like an unpolished Korean mmorpg of the mid to late 2000's . They really took a step back from even their original Guild wars series of games, which you can still play. Fans of the originals never forgave them for that .

>community seems to be at its absolute most toxic its ever been.

You aren't lying, it makes the Sup Forums community feel friendly and inviting in comparison

Thats probably because it is a standard korean moneygrab mmo, decent graphics, skimpy outfits, tons of microtransactions, and even more skimpy outfits for them, all focus goes to catering to autistc people and making more skimpy outfits instead of creating something original and intresting, also arenanet is owned by a korean compay... so theres that

"Legion" is indeed better than previous additions. (such as draenor, pandaria, cataclysm). I think...

As someone currently still playing, the mythic dungeon system is frustrating to say the least, especially when you are just getting back into the game. If you started legion and you want to come backI recommend just waiting till the last patch is released, the rep grind is crazy easy and after you finish the main quest line theres not much to do but raid which if you dont have a raiding guild its kinda still cancer.

Honestly I havent seen the community as very toxic, I still meet a ton of super nice people. If anything its considerably less toxic than during WoD or even MoP.

>This cup garbage water tastes better then the last cup of garbage water

So the community's gotten even worse?

I remember playing Vanilla WoW and thinking people were generally a fun bunch, then getting back into it with Cataclysm and noticing people were pretty temperamental and very try-hard during dungeons and pvp.

I personally think Pandaria was great and Cata was ok, the problem was how long they just sat on that final patch, (over a year for both I believe, with no new content.) Had they released content at a faster pace people would have seen Pandaria as pretty good and Cata as decent. Warlords was just shit and even Blizz admits it. They stopped halfway through production to start on Legion because they knew it was a bad idea.

But better!) This is the point.

pandaria wasnt that bad, pvp wise, fast phased combat semi decent balance(not including s15 retardation) and the clear distinctions between bad and good players, and a chance of outplaying your opponent, but wod and legion dumbed it down to a point where even a 1.2k hero can stand a chance agaisnt a 2.7k+ player

As someone whos played on and off since BC, the only time I meet toxic players are during LFR raids, which you get those cliche kids who have done nothing but spam the raids 40 times a week getting mad at people who havent done the raids and dont know the mechanics. Other than that you might occasionally get someone bitching at you for undercutting them on the auction house, but who the fuck cares. Not half as toxic as LoL or DotA communities.

how about you stop sucking dick and ruining other peoples fun, because your stupid ass couldnt take 20 seconds reading about mechanics that literally never change. Stubborn idiots should be shamed and treated like trash, maybe one day they'll learn then, yet blizz caters to people just like you, and thats ruining the game

for me it was the banter in townchat

where once were jokes of chuck Norris or people making fun of Obama....

now its no fucking holding back...like....im pretty sure if you could before get banned for what you say, now nigga is every other word.
EVERYONE seems to be openly homosexual, or if they aren't your still gonna hear about this sexual antics

oh and the names bliz lets you get away with now.....soooo many fukboyz and cuckolds..

atleast before youde almost never see someone saying nigger in chat, people would start saying reported or argue back

but man it is like Sup Forums say whatever the fuck you want

Legion is probably the best thing that has happened to wow since wotlk.
If there ever was a time to return, this is it.

played 3 months of legion, but i just ran out of things to do, its a total grindfest and everything is rng. worth for a few months, but then drop it

Yea. Excuse me. I did not think about pvp.

Yeah, ill give you that. I mostly ignore town and trade chat. It got exciting again for a bit during the pre final patch of MoP when everyone was in Barrens again, but for now I just stick to guild chat. Gone are the days of [[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]], here are the days of the fucking nigger faggots get on my level.

Honestly unless you are starting back from WotLK, I would recommend people dont pick it up till final patch comes out, because you will grind through everything so quickly its not even funny.

May be. Due to lack of content I could not play them for long.

>fukkin noobs ruining muh game!!

im currently ilvl 660 rogue, legendaries came back in legion, you dont need 80% of wow ground anymore, you can be 100 within a month 100>110 in another week.

Play it sometimes, when i get bored with others game and just want to trip back to 14yo playing day and night going threw the swamp of sorrows imagening how cool the world would be if id be like that..

Thats why social rejects like you are stuck raiding LFR and crying on general forums how everyone who does content above lfr is an elitist asshole

checked

and that's what I was doing cept trying to simulate my childhood memories with drugs

and collecting pets takes you to like....fucking everywhere

I'm still play on WOTLK private server (Warmane - Lordaeron)... (Kuohaaska / Polyintoswd / Blindintoswd / Swdjktrink are my blaz if some want)

I just hope the politics shit has stopped or slowed down

god fucking damn it was like fox news vs CNN all fucking day in orgrimmar

Truth

Its pretty great if you want to start back up. If youve been playing for years, then its shit two weeks in.
>RIP PVP

So GW2 sucks, WoW sucks.

what is the best MMO now a days?

There arent any. Theyve hit a wall its been stagnant for a while, so people just go back to wow or whatever they started with or just quit the mmo scene all together

endgame seems to have been more accessible for people who didn't do arenas every week

I can see how that sucks for hardcore pvp people, but it was nice to not have gear matter so much, teamwork usually won the game instead those few who were op as fuck

however

lowbie pvp (which was my favorite) has been decimated. no more 1 shotting fucking everything with overgeared characters for the bracket

I loved using a hunters pet from a up on the fences in WSG and killing people with just him

Theres still banter against and for Trump. Not as much but its still there. Mods have shut down some of the more toxic fights recently.

dub and trip madness

but good to hear

kek i said 660 but im 860, anyhoe, you can still play the game if you want, questing is still most fun, after that pvp, it's huge

this 100% this

I remember playing vanilla when it first came out. It was fucking amazing and took my life over for a year or two (rank 14 warrior and MT for guild). The sense of community in your guild and 40 man raids was so fun. Played TBC and quit then came back briefly for WotLK and got the legendary axe but nothing compared and it was just playing for nostalgias sake. Really miss my old pvp group of highwarlords shooting the shit on vent at 2am wrecking warsongs. I have a life now but still miss some of those guys.

I was gonna post some screenshots from over the years, and i just nostalgia hard. Time to log back in..fml

No its fucking shit now.

Have tried going back multiple times to try and recapture the magic of the good old days of BC and WOTLK but it just isn't the same.

Which is such a shame, some of my best gaming memories were on WoW, the early days of it were truly epic.

Wonder what the next big MMO like WoW will be, cant wait for whatever it is.

I miss people leading bosses into populated areas like stormwind.

You won't, it's all micro transactions and ptw , that's what really killed mmorpg's

Giving people a free lvl 100 char made me bitter towards this game. It feels like you don`t get anything for your hard work or effort anymore. Back in earlier expansions, as you leveled your chars up you felt you`d earned it. Now you can just get a new char every expansion, no work or effort.

The Elder Scrolls Online.

the best currently

Sup Forums what mmo/mmorpg should i play?

see

I felt burned on that game, when they came out with the gold package, and I had already bought the platinum imperial edition . I got nothing out of it , I would still have to pay another 50 usd to get the access to the DLC .Left a sour taste in my mouth

Not really, most big MMOs that followed after WoW just tried to copy it and failed imo.

I am talking about the next MMO that redefines the genre. Could be perfectly possible with micro transactions, even though I dont see why it would be necessary.

Heroes of the Storm / Overwatch if you are into mmo

Legion it's actually pretty funny to play right now, the questlines are good, there are a lot of dungeons, the raid mechanics are very original and pvp is somehow balanced.

It crashed, burned, and turned into a dungeon grinder on an MMO game as if people wanted to put forth time and effort for their bullshit item level system as it was.

>Heroes of the Storm / Overwatch

A moba and an fps moba.
Wtf you talking about?

WOW, didn't define shit, it was a copy of games like Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima online. Even Blizzard devs admitted to stealing ideas

come get some millerhosting.org

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsaS1Tm-Ic

>how about you stop sucking dick and ruining other peoples fun

The irony. You don't see it.

this so much

Also wow rode on the back of the Success of Fable ,even game critics compared the two games

Only way it would be fun to go back to Wow is if you had other like minded friends that logged in and played with you. The questing experience is much smoother, but pugging dungeons is just retarded. There are too many people playing wow who really aren't interested in playing, they just want to progress. They are chasing the dragon. Run a dungeon with these people it's like, "oh lets skip that, fuck you and your quest" "I'm not waiting for you to loot"

Far from it, but its decent, pve wise its casual and semi fluid combat(gw2 having the best combat system in any mmorpg hands down) makes it a fun, but pvp wise things are quite different, since their servers are trash, the cancer builds are pure autism and the zerging is only fun for a mindless drone..
However its a fun filler game, when you're starting to feel the burn in main mmo(wow for me)

Broken Shore is quite literally the worst """"""""""""""""""""""""content"""""""""""""""""""""""" Blizzard has ever produced.

>SUCK DICK AT VIDYA
>GET KICKED
>RAGE
>"YOU'RE TAKING THE GAME TOO SERIOUSLY"

>thinks a retards fun matters, it does
a retard is like an ant, you step on it

That's every other WOW player though, they are too stupid to see anything past their tendies

Is ESO really that good?

Nostalgia ULTRA

It's way better then wow, the community is also pretty tight

Started Legion since playing WotLK. Played 3 months. Got bored. Stopped playing.

Killed Gul'dan, ggwp saved the world.

>Ultima online.

Muh nigga

I played around the time they were getting the Japanese expansions, I remember getting my gear melted all the time from the kappas

but my brother played when it 1st came out, and shit was intense

ive tried it out but i always go back to vanilla/tbc servers

I do. Honestly the only thing that keeps me going is the guild and friends i'm playing with, without them i would have unsubbed 2 days into legion.

That's kind of the same experience i've had with the game since I came back...lmao, been on and off since vanilla

But like I said
I felt burned after pumping over 100 usd into that game and them releasing something that pretty much included everything I paid for and more for 50 usd a year later ,but didn't give it to the people that bought the previous platinum package. .
I quit ,they don't need my money

You cant get the class mounts yet retard.Thats tomb patch

Thats your downfall, become independed and the game becomes 10x more fun, stop riding other peoples dick for fun, a guild is only there to raid, thats it, who cares who they are of what they do, in it for loot.

>expecting a game to stay the same without "massive changes" for over a decade
You what?

i'm 910 ilvl arms war.../flex...I quit like 2 months ago too lol

Yes, the store has some stupid deals and i do not recomend buy anyting in there.

I think the best you you can do with you money is to pay the suscription, get the bag for mats and buy the merchant and the banker or maunt upgrades.

The game has a lot to fix but is currently the best one:

>Nice solo pve mode, lots of fun quest and shit
>Crafting is actually usefull
>PVP is fun with a nice group (battleground coming soon)
>can actually use any of the classes and builds (sadly not hibryd ones but i think they will fix that in the future)
>maelstrom arena
>dont fell like im running every time to get the lastest patch shit because my old stuff dont work anymore.

i play for like 6 months and the switch to a mmo for a while and then im back again, and i dont feel like i waste my time i actually have fun.

Hey, its okay user, you cal still do heroic dungeons, do 20k dps at 110 and get rewarded with legendaries
>legion in nutshell
gotta love the normies that are destroying the game,

Look, i don't truly know what everyone else is on about, but i personally enjoy WoW, Legion and all. I'm not going to say you should buy it, that's up to you, but i think its worth it.

yeah just like i said in lets be honest, how much time do you want to play the same game before geting tired, not matter how awesome the game is.