What does everyone think of this album so far

What does everyone think of this album so far

Pretty good honestly

Bretty good, but cringed at Sufjan using electronics to fuck with his voice

Are you the guy from like a month ago with the leak who said the same thing?

Pls user I couldn't stop thinking of you while listening to it.

my AOTYSF
It feels like this album is full of combos
>Neptune + Jupiter are 10/10

>Halley's Comet+Venus+Uranus+Mars are 7/10 (lowest point of the album for me)

>Black Energy+Sun+Tides are 8/10, 10/10 if you love ambientish kind of music

>Kuiper Belt+Black Hole+Saturn are 8/10, 10/10 if you love Age of Adz

>In The Beginning + Earth are 8/10 for me, Earth didn't turn out as good as i thought it would but the "Run, Mission, Run" part is 10/10

Mercury deserves to be alone because i believe it's a 10/10 song
it's less than 30 seconds of voice fuckery, it doesn't decrease the quality of the album at all

Yeah, I could never get through all of impossible soul for that exact reason

That makes a lot of sense. I really am loving the ambient stuff especially

Loved the first 2 tracks and the ambient parts, didn't care much for the rest.

It's ok, a bit too "progish" to me, and musically its just not as interesting as Age of Adz to me.

does anyone have a link pls ?

Don't know who you're talking about, sorry user

I'm not saying it decreases the quality of the album,I just think it sounds kinda silly and goofy, that's all.

Overall this album was what I was kinda expecting, with the orchestral arrangements mixed with the electronic stuff that was on Adz and Silver & Gold. I wasn't expecting the ambient bits but I found them very enjoyable.

Try soulseek, sharethreads, archive

Do you really not know how to download music still?

Do you not have any streaming service

Wait are you talking about me? I talked about how much Mars made me cringe.

Mercury 11/10

The rest of the album is okay too though.

fuck off

Pluto and Mercury are absolutely incredible and I'm in love with them.
But I'm still a little disappointed we didn't get studio versions of the songs with qualities more similar to the live shows. The strings in Pluto were divine and the bombastic parts of Mercury were outstanding. I'd have loved those on a studio album.
So I can't really decide how I feel. The album is fantastic but I know it could have been fantastic in other ways, too.

A very comfy 9/10. Might not be my AOTY but I'm almost certain it'll be 3-8 range Forsure, pending on how the year holds out

>A very comfy 9/10. Might not be my AOTY but I'm almost certain it'll be 3-8 range Forsure, pending on how the year holds out

Also my favorite songs are Neptune, Mars, Moon, Pluto, Saturn and Mercury. All 10/10

Not even a single listen yet, but I'm pretty sure it will blow me up soon or late for what I've listened.

currently listening to it for the first time and am in love

First songs put me in such a trance and are so well blended that I forgot to check the track I was listening to. AOTYSF

He went a little overboard with the auto tune on this one

It reminds me of Ratboy Genius for some reason.

Most disappointing release from Sufjan for me.
I loved the live version and everything I loved about it is gone, they removed the strings and bombasticity from the music and instead made it unemotional and "cleaner".
Little butthurt because my favorite music is unclean and a little harsh (like STGSTV) and the live album was pretty close to my ideal sound.
Oh well, Neptune's studio version is still 10/10 but Mercury is my disappointment of 2017, not only is the music less interesting but his vocals are far to constrained.

Hope it grows on me.

imo STGSTV has pretty clean production too, it's the sounds themselves that are harsh. But I see where you're coming from, the studio version of planetarium definitely feels more restrained

lol i had the same exact thought

>JUPITERRRR IS THE LONELIEST PLANET
>beat switch out of nowhere
>mfw

decent but sufjan's vocals are so fucking drab on this album, particularly compared to his other shit

Agreed, he tries to use autotune to cover it up but it just doesn't work

sufjan stevens is too popular for me to listen to him

jesus this has got to be the 10th time ive seen a thread with this album
instead of posting it and asking for an opinion, why don't you post your own opinion? explain to US why we should give a shit about a burned out folkie