A Series of Unfortunate Events

Anyone looking forward to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Nb7VTuGv-Q
youtu.be/DThmwPU1h_g
reddit.com/r/ASOUE/comments/4nxhil/everything_we_know_so_far_about_the_netflix_series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seems like its too little too late

Are they doing all the books?

Season 1 is covering the first four books over 8 episodes (2 per book)

Filming wrapped earlier this month.

No Jim Carrey no buy.

Jim Carrey looked the part but he was not Olaf.

They got Neil Patrick Harris instead

Who is playing the children?

it's not hard to do it better than the shitty jim carrey flick

Wow I might actually watch something made by Netflix

>implying they haven't made pretty good shit

i enjoyed the movie, is the daughter as smoking hot as Emily Browning?

Can't we count on him not playing himself?

Malina Weissman is Violet

Louis Hynes is Klaus

No idea on Sunny specifically, though she's been seen on set

Violet should look a little frumpier but that Klaus looks solid.

I wonder how they'll approach the baby dialogue

I really can't comprehend why the fuck you wouldn't make this an animated series.

Yea I'm hyped. When is trailer coming?
Only thing I don't like is that cast Mr. Poe as a black man.

cause animated things are degenerate you fucking pedo

Wait who is playing Shirley?

Holly shit.
I never read the books, but the movie was GOAT, my favorite childhood movie.
I'm actually hyped.

Klaus looks perfect

Too young.

Loved the books as a kid, I think I actually read them all. The movie was okay I guess, the cast looked the part at least. Really hyped for this show overrall.

> Mr. Poe as a black man

Surely not

Yeah shes still a decent choice though

Me too

Filming just wrapped earlier this month. Not sure when Netflix usually releases trailers so idk

Looks great, hope Klaus wears the Harry Potter glasses

K. Todd Freeman is playing Mr. Poe

Nah, that would be cool too, but I'd rather have a live action series. The atmosphere of the series is too good to not use it in live action form.

Forget Shirley, who is playing Detective Dupin?

It's not cool to get the casting for Detective Dupin wrong.

They got Patrick Warburton as Lemony Snicket. Of course I am

It fits if you think about it, he's terrible at taking care of the kids.

Looks like he will

Also, they got Asif Mandvi for Uncle Monty

Has anyone played them old point-and-click adventure games like Monkey Island? These would make a great adventure game.
>combine inventory items to create makeshift tools
>dialogue written in the style of the books
>graphics in the same style as the book covers

Forgot pic

I would have preferred Lee Pace. Actually, I want the cinematographer for Pushing Daisies to work on this show. It would have been perfect for this series.

So Sup Forums, who is the best waifu and why is it Isadora Quagmire?

This is true for a lot of things, but animated shows don't even look good anymore

Hey, what website are all these from?

>official fire department did not arrive in time to stop the blaze

I like that they said 'official' fire department. Almost as if they are hinting that there is some OTHER kind of fire department...

...how old are you?

Stefano ain't got shit on the movie version.

Dude, the movie came out 12 years ago.
People who are 18 would have seen it when they were 6. He's probably old enough to be on the site.

That movie is twelve years old, user.

like a volunteer fire department?

exactly me m8

That said, it doesn't make too much sense for a newspaper to talk about it considering it was a secret society with only a few members

>Peru is a wonderful place - the people, the beaches, the relaxed guardianship laws...
>Relaxed guardianship laws?
>Did I say that? Darn neurotoxins.

youtu.be/1Nb7VTuGv-Q
youtu.be/DThmwPU1h_g

looks like netflix is at it again. casting white characters with black/indian actors.
never change, netflix...

Books are for nerds, feed me on what is this about Sup Forums

I'm definitely watching it. Never did finish the series back then tho.

Who is he playing?

Childrens book series that was bizarrely intelligent. All gothic-y themed. Three rich kids find out that their house burned down with their parents in it. They're sent to live with their scary shady relative who wants to steal their money (also he's abusive and doesn't feed them and a whole mess of stuff). After his plans to get the money get dangerous, they are sent to live with other relatives (who he basically kills one at a time).
The series is mostly the kids escaping as he fucks over every chance they have at a regular life. Also there is an underlying story about a secret society that their family may or may not have been involved in. It's a cute little series. Has tim burton vibes.

should i bother with the movie

Yes, why would they cast an Indian as a snake collector?

This movie was such a mixed bag. Carey was great when in disguise like this, but I didn't like him at all as Olaf.

>Who is he playing?
Lemony Snicket if I'm not mistaken

>black guy playing a man who takes a government check and is incompetent at looking after kids
>Aasif Mandvi plays a wacky meme man
it fits

Hate NPH and Jim Carrey

Why can't a good actor play olaf?

Sounds neat. Do you think that the show can make it justice? As in be good and faithful or at least good?

That should be interesting. I always that Law was too young for it.

Oh right. I knew about that.
Interesting that he's actually in the show as a character. Wonder if they'll talk about the Beatrice letters at the beginning of each book.

The books are pretty damn short by the way, you could blow through the first one tonight if you felt like it.

I don't think the show can quite capture the books, but I'm sure it can be good.

Oh yeah, for sure.
The casting for some characters is a little off, but as long as it has the right tone, I don't think anyone will be too annoyed at it. The plot is also actually really good, if I remember correctly. Lots of twists. And considering each book's length, I'd say 2 episodes per book is pretty perfect for an accurate adaption.

I know its /reddit/ but the subreddit for the series has a pretty good information repository

reddit.com/r/ASOUE/comments/4nxhil/everything_we_know_so_far_about_the_netflix_series/

Also apparently according to another post it was filmed in 4k

I'm concerned that the TV series will under-emphasise the 'kids desperately clinging to normality' element that OP mentioned.

The really touching thing about the series IMO is that behind all the wacky shit and evil schemes the kids are just really desperate for a loving guardian, to be kids again etc.

I hated the movie as a kid when these books were my life because I thought Jim Carrey was a horrible Olaf, but now that I'm older, I can see now that he was the best part of that movie. He's nothing like Olaf from the books and that's okay. Too bad he's stuck in a mediocre faux-kino.

The makeup they used on him was great though, and I really wish they could've just cast him here. I'd love to see what a serious, book accurate Carrey!Olaf could be like.

This, actually.
There were moments in the books where it would talk about how Klaus wanted to cry because there were no books to distract him from the fact that they have no parents anymore.

>Matty Cardarople as the Person Who Looks Like Neither a Man Nor a Woman

Looks good in costume

Why was there never a movie sequel?

Probably because it sucked and tried too hard to be diet Tim Burton.

>Barry Sonnenfeld
>genius behind the Addams family movies, Pushing Daisies, and the cinematographer of the original movie which was objectively well done

KINO CONFIRMED

Malina will be a worthy successor to Emily

can't wait to see this when it finally hits

Yeah this series is shaping up to be great

Yeah Emily Browning is max fucking qt in this.

Shit, he actually looks good. I had my doubts, but this gives me hope he'll do a good job.

Wasn't a huge fan of the movie honestly, but it had god-tier cinematography, there's no denying that.

Yeah I can't wait to see some footage

>Joan Cusack as Justice Strauss

Perfect

Any word on who's doing the music? Thomas Newman's score was one of the best parts of the movie imo.

Last I heard it was Nick Urata

10/10

They haven't NOW MC FUCKIN KILL YOURSELF NEWFAG AHAAHAHAHAHAHA

??

If NPH is any good then it'll be watchable.

Because movie messed with the plot too much and removed the possibility of sequels.

Current western animation is trash and eastern animation is just figuring out how to be stylish without overdoing it. Until the next big animation form comes along we won't see any great animated shows.

how old are you, grandpa?

it is not going to be dark enough

What makes you say that