Ipod classic alternatives?

It has happened
I've filled up my 160 Gb ipod classic

Where do we go from here Sup Forums a man needs his 320kbps mp3's

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-NWZX100HNSM-Walkman-Digital-Cancelation/dp/B01DPRZ8MY/?tag=bp_links-20&ascsubtag=bestproducts.gallery.1064
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your phone?

My ipod became obsolete the day streaming became available. I guess I'll use it when im on vacation in a 3rd world country

tfw shitty iphone cant plug in another microsd
tfw no unlimited data

Switch to v0

>320kbps mp3's
Do you understand that codecs are memes right?
Convert it to 192~256 OGG/m4a and notice the
diference by yourself.

>320kbps mp3's
>portable listening

No you don't.

see

I am 3rd world country asshole

Streaming is for lazy vapid whores

I need a reliable file of these songs to call my own, permanently etched in my computer's storage

You'll cry "why didn't I?" the day you have no internet and are tuneless and joyless

The search remains

Hi there

Everyone points me in the general direction of the following

amazon.com/Sony-NWZX100HNSM-Walkman-Digital-Cancelation/dp/B01DPRZ8MY/?tag=bp_links-20&ascsubtag=bestproducts.gallery.1064

It's way fucking expensive which is why I still look for alternatives, but if the cash is there this seems like the solid choice

But factor in the cost of a 256 Gb micro sd ($200 dollars) and Im left penniless

Also I guarantee you're carrying more music on you than you will actually listen to on-the-go.

You don't need to sync your entire library.

Yes I do, my job demands me to be on the move and away from my home computer for weeks on end.

Also due to the nature about my job I spend a vast amount of time doing mindless work much better enhanced by music.

Variety over all.

But this isn't about me or how I use the darn thing, I just want to hear high capacity mp3 player alternatives, not someone assuming I dont listen to my entire library.

I'm also rocking that ipod classic life because no unlimited data and I know streaming services don't have a lot of the albums I really enjoy (bandcamp artists and obscure shit from sharethreads).

My suggestion for a short term solution is gonna be do some spring cleaning on your music because I promise you you have a lot of albums downloaded that you don't even listen to anymore

>not owning your music
>paying to rent

wtf? my ipod with the wheel broke within like 1 year.

piece of shit feels bad man.

sansa sport

android phone with microSD inside. can play FLAC and everything

mines 64gb, quite limited but i just delete stuff. not sure if they are bigger ones on the market yet.

>people saying lol use your phone

not only those are big in size, the battery will last for like 8 hours tops

stop

FIIO X1 or X3 are meant to be quite nice and have a similar design to ipod classic

>FIIO X1
>Built-in 8GB flash memory and micro SD card slot supporting up to 64GB expansion
>up to 64GB

the one I'd seen had no build in memory and had up to 128gb SD which can quickly be switched out

even had an option for an AMP/DAC combo with it, seemed okay

Hmm
I mean 128Gb is still way less than the ipod's 160Gb

How about the sony nw-a35 walkman? Supports flac, micro sd card...

Actually with the firmware update it's now 256gb

But it can be switched out quickly using microsd and no iTunes bullshit either (although I hear fiios software isn't much better)

streaming is fucking stupid, only plebs do it. Sorry, plebs.

i'm sure at least someone has said this, but how about another ipod classic?

stop being a pleb and get a Cowon Plenue/AK Jr

my sony walkman is not bad, only major downside is it cant do playlists for shit

spotify doesnt even have first utterance it's a piece of shit
soulseek has every album that has ever existed even if its only shared by one user for 20 minutes a day

mine cost £100, minus a £30 129gb SD
if you bought more SD cards and had some way to carry them you'd have as much music as ever necessary.

I'm not poor and I live in a first world country so I'm rarely without internet, not to mention I can save shit to my phone to listen to offline

Have fun carrying around your walkman pajeet

have fun perpetually downloading the same music every time you want to listen to it and scrambling to find and even remember what you used to listen to when spotify goes under

>download every time i want to listen
someone doesn't know how streaming works
>scrambling to find what I listen to
>implying I don't have music saved on my computer
>implying I can't remember the music I like
why are you even here? don't you have some rockets to dodge?

If you save music on your computer then why do you stream?
What do you do the day you're out an about, away from your computer where your music stored, and without internet connection?

That is, if you have *ever* been away from your computer for longer than a day.

if you have an encyclopedic memory of everything you listen to, your library must not be very big. if you lost everything today, nothing would slip through the cracks? you wouldn't hate having to dig up the more obscure stuff? or do you only listen to top40 ?

I don't bring my computer wherever I go and I'm not going to fill my whole phone with music
I'm not some pooskin brainlet, I'd probably remember all of it eventually

why are you so concerned with what i spend my money on?

>I don't bring my computer wherever I go and I'm not going to fill my whole phone with music
hence, a dedicated portable music player

or I could just stream and not have to carry around some ancient piece of shit

You already carry your phone everywhere, what is one more device to your pockets, you lazy piece of shit.

an inconvenience that I'm well off enough to avoid

fyi carrying around some worthless hunk of plastic doesn't make you not lazy, it just makes you stupid

>implying a false dichotomy

Stop.

y'know you could just set up your own private streaming service, it's fairly easy and it's free. listen anywhere on your phone or tablet.

my phone doesn't recognize FLAC or m4a and will convert it to mp3

How?

If you can tell me how I can manage this with a third worlder budget for someone who spents most of his life deep amidst mountainous woods, then more power to you.

quickest and easiest way to get up and running is use plex + one of the many android/iphone front ends for it. there are other better ways to do it but they get a bit more involved for initial setup
good coverage/unlimited data, and an extra battery or two. that's about all I've got for ya

that's what backups and indexes are for

>not owning an xdp-100r with 2 sd >card slots capable of 400gb >storage with 32gb built in memory >and ability to play any format even >cavescratching.scr

>pioneer
Oh boy
>implying you have you
Pics or opinion discarded

Jealous he cant afford a high quality music machine. Resorts to using his shitty phone with his shitty beats headphones.

Will be back at this thread later. Gonna post with proof to appease you. They arent even that expensive anymore since the new model came out.

>good coverage/unlimited data

What part of third worlder do y'all n'whas not understand man shit
Most people here don't even know what that means.

nice projection

quit yer bitching and pick up a second hand fiios x3

Oh man this looks absolutely gorgeous despite the higher price. I hope that little thing on the top is removable, also no option so that album art is displayed normally and not zoomed like shit as shown there? That's poopoo.

Still, two SD card slots that sounds magical. Thanks user!

judging from this thread it seems to mean that you're poor as fuck

Got a sansa clip sport recently. I think it plays nice, it's small and fits in your pocket without bothering you, and you can attach an SD card (haven't used that yet tho).

The bumper on top and bottom is removable but it actually does a good job of protecting it from scuffs and bending your headphone cable. It runs on android and I have had mine for about a year now. It also drives bigger headphones pretty well with the sabre dac/amp.

I would also recommend getting the official case to protect it. You gotta order em from japan. Got mine off ebay.

If you're in Mexico stfu, because that's pirate central. If you're in bollywood idk what to tell you Sanjay

i have fiios x1 with a 128gb micro sd

Worse than either, Tuva

Does FiiO X1 support up to 256gb now?
The Amazon page still says 128.

Maybe this is an exercise in limiting yourself to become better aquanted with your library. It would take months to get through your library.

Read the firmware update

Also, theoretically it card hold a 2tb card when they exist

Still cannot find anything for X1 supporting 256, only the FiiO X1-II.
Unless I'm retarded and managed to keep missing it.

I thought we were both talking about the second one , that's the one almost everyone talks about sorry , it's the second one that has that

No worries mate

this

dude probably just downloads tons of albums to listen to once and brag to us about how much music he """"""listens"""""" to

>convert mp3 to another lossy format
kys

No man you guys literally don't understand.

I spend most part of the year traveling in the woods of the region for environmental assessment. I take photos of plants, write about the condition of plants, and move on. Not much to do for months on end but stay holed up in a shitty cabin surrounded by wilderness, so what can I do? Listen to months worth of music.

I don't understand what's it to you all what I do with the large amount of space I ask for.

It's like asking
"Hey guys does anyone have any suggestions for air to breath?"
"I have a totally unrelated suggestion, have you tried not needing to breath? You probably dont even need that much air anyway."

Just buy a chink player and some sd cards, that's less than$200 . Boom problem solved. Go to Sup Forums and they can tell you what to get

nobody cares what you use to listen to music on, people start caring when you act like hot shit for using everybody's favorite MP3 player circa 2003. maybe you should have opened with the fact that you use it out of necessity and not backwards elitism

tl;dr don't act like a fag and complain when nobody likes you

He said he was in the woods like 10 posts in. You're acting like a dumbass and calling him a fag, all because you assume that everyone on this board is elitist.

> 320kbps mp3's

I... what? Where did you draw these conclusions from? When, on this thread, did I pretend like I was superior to everyone for using the ipod classic?

Im sorry but you have me very confused right now.

I literally said right here:
>But this isn't about me or how I use the darn thing, I just want to hear high capacity mp3 player alternatives

I never made this about myself until people began questioning what I would do with it?

He posted this long before any mention of the woods dipshit

are you not this guy

You seem to have taken a little humorous dig at music streaming a little too personal buddy, it's okay man it'll be okay we can hug it out if you'd like maybe even jerk each other off man maybe then I hope you can find it in you to forgive me, I'm sorry a single little joke easily ignorable sentence on a Mauritanian metalworking forum hit so close to home and ruined an entire thread for you :(:(:(:(:(

LOL, the number of assholes ITT is astounding.

OP, I was in a similar situation as yours. The best answer I found is the Cowon Plenue D. It's inexpensive (~US$200), very lightweight, has good sound, and currently supports 128gb cards (maybe bigger cards in the future with a firmware update). I know 128gb is smaller than you want, but you can swap them out quickly and easily.

it literally was just one line he said tho

it was several posts

stop samefagging

Hey, that's not half bad. Thank you user! I will certainly consider it.

No problem, OP. The Cowon is a good choice at a great price. Plus, battery life is excellent -- around 10 hours or so of use between charges.

get another ipod classic to use alongside it

That's a beauty. I think just came my pants. Anything can tell us from first hand experience?

>iphone
Well there's your mistake

just convert them all to .ogg

>Anything can tell us from first hand experience?

The UI isn't the greatest (but this seemed to be the case with all the players I looked at -- the ipod UI still seems to be the best, so I'm unsure why nobody is emulating it). The Cowon accepts all music formats -- no problems with FLAC, etc., which is really convenient. The Cowon mounts on the computer as an external drive, so it's really easy to manage -- all you really need is a program like mp3tag, plus sometimes a cue splitter (depending where you get your music from). I can't think of anything else, so please ask if you have a specific question.

Tags, is it case sensitive? Also how easy is it to make playlists? Is the battery life really 100 hours? Have you seen a decrease in the battery life? Do yo u have a case for yours?

droid mu niggar

anons i have 3 ipods classics that are broken, any anons know how much it would cost to repair them? i have 1 30gb 1 120gb and 1 160gb

>case sensitive?
Sorry, no idea. FWIW, I haven't had any tag issues with it. mp3tag is really helpful. If this is a really big thing for you (case sensitivity) take a look at head-fi.org -- the Cowon Plenue D thread there is about 200 pages so probably this question is answered there.

>how easy is it to make playlists?
Really easy if done on the computer. Make a new folder, copy/paste tracks into it, and transfer the folder to the player.

>Is the battery life really 100 hours?
It's hard to tell. On mine, the battery lasts about 2 weeks between charges, with somewhere between 10 and 20 hours of actual playing time.

>Have you seen a decrease in the battery life?
Again, hard to tell. I don't think so, though.

>Do yo u have a case for yours?
Yes. The case is a little expensive (about US$45 IIRC) but it's nice. Leather quality and feel are good. Only downside is that the case fits tightly so it's a small hassle to get it off when swapping SD cards.

Yeah I'm checking out that site and some youtube vids thanks!

I used to browse this board pretty actively from 2010-2014 but then I moved to a place with no internet access for work. Could you guys possibly give me you aoty for 2016 and 2017 so far so that I can catch up?

haha why on this thread??

2016 for me was A Cosmic Rhythm With Each Stroke by Vijay Iyer & Wadada Leo Smith

2017 so far is A Crow Looked at Me by Mount Eerie but I havent listened to much.

for what purpose