What keeps you breathing, Sup Forums?

What keeps you breathing, Sup Forums?
Seriously. Why? Do you believe in an innate end goal (i.e. afterlife/religion)? Have you claimed an existential mindset in which your reason is your own, and possibly even simple? Any hedonists around that are just trying to fuck shit up while you're here? I'd love to hear about that lifestyle. And whats with the collective stigma against suicide? Not as a solution to temporary problems, but as a choice to simply not partake. Personally, I feel like anybody who originally possesses a zest for life that is then ripped away by external variables should seek help. That's a hasty move to make in the midst of emotional irrationality. But as a carefully thought out and well considered decision not to be a part of society, why all of the fuss? I have no reason to not want to live. My career is skyrocketing. Everyone is telling me I could go on to do great things and make a lot of money...But I could also drop everything, become a nomadic bum, and still get the same ending.
If I were to submit to the modern mental health system of “don't think about your problems, and take this pill”, that would be the decision to play along with society; to let them make me think the way they want me to. Why would you look down on someone for simply saying “I tried it out for awhile, and its just not my thing.”?

tl;dr – why did you wake up this morning? For me... I couldn't do that to those poor bastards biologically wired to care about me. Who am I to cause such an emotional and possibly financial inconvenience?

Sorry to hear high school isn't working out for you nerd.

Is that your solution? To just immediately shut down any conversation that suggests there's another option other than being alive?

This.
Boo fucking hoo op. You think you're the only one that gets depressed or something? Stop trying to be philosophical about killing your self and just admit that you're weak and can't handle life shitting all over you. At least then somebody might feel sorry for you. Trying to justify it by making it sound like a rational decision is delusional as fuck. Come to terms with whatever it is that is fucking up your life and just get over it you fucking pansy.
Yes I'm mad

The stigma against suicide is understandable, how can you be respected when you intentionally removed yourselves from the lives of so many at once? All the same, in my opinion it isn't their choice anyways.

I woke up cause I had jury duty. Good 'nuff for me.

I wasn't trying to invoke pity. There isn't anything fucking up my life, if there was I'd be able to pinpoint it. How is the decision to not partake any less delusional than telling myself that there's a reason for being here? I'm looking for legitimate answers. You seem to think that we should wake up everyday. Why?

Fair enough. Living in the day-to-day. I feel like the goal of any mental prescription (at least in my case) would be to dilute the mind enough so its easier to get distracted with everyday things. The general consensus seems to be to just not think about this sort of thing...

Such a self indulgent piece of shit. STOP TALKING IN RIDDLES

What makes you say self-indulgent?

eh, ambition to try to get shit done and make a mark, and girlfriend, we hold eachother up emotionally and its a very nice thing, also sex

thats about it that keep me waking up every day, just being honest and blunt

Opulence is sinful and we all pay for it... She was taken from me. Do you know what that feels like yet?... An American torched the warehouse for insurance money. 11000 dollars, that was the value they placed on her life.

My lungs

Opulence is sinful, and we all pay for it. Los Angeles was the flagship of their absurd materialism, so I destroyed it. They thought I wanted to kill the president. Madame Presidentè, I could have buried you a million times over... No... I wanted you to see it

The ol' Eat, Shit, Sleep, Repeat, huh?

>What keeps you breathing, Sup Forums?
Medulla Oblongata, diaphragm, etc
>Why?
I don't know. It doesn't talk to me anymore.

At this point, I have no control over whether or not I wake up. I just do. Then I spend the rest of my waking hours trying to navigate an increasingly complicated process known as "real life." Eventually, I return to sleep to do it again tomorrow.

There's not much of a "point" left to it. It's just what I do.

I believe nothing is coincidence and everything has an ulterior sense that is and will ever be unknow for us. I believe everyone must be humble and learn from the greath experience that is the finite world we live in. I believe there is an interrelation between the different kind of souls who ultimately have a purpose that we cannot understand, the same way the eye cannot stand the direct light of the sun. Also, this purpose or sense is actually happening right now, but in other way of being, not touched by a dimension like time. And I do know, not believe, that there is an animated principle that is the soul and everything must ultimately return to it.

'maybe i'll get laid tomorrow'

i don't like myself too much.

Like Origenes said, 'everyone has an interior pedagogue'. All species look to protect and conserve their own life and the ones similar around them. It's the nature of the soul. Someone thinking they can choose not to live and call it not to partake is not natural.

I see where you're coming from, but when referring to modern society, I feel like the "not natural" notion sends you into a massive rabbit hole. To paraphrase Peter Zapffe: everything commonly referred to as "normal and healthy living" comes from a subconscious repression of a damaging surplus of consciousness.

That doesn't very natural to me, either. The human race has become too intellectually evolved for its own good.

Its strange, Iv had very identical concepts when drifting in my thoughts. Its mad to think how we come to such ideas without any outside source like religion

>interrelation between the different kind of souls

Like, have you ever seen those movies or whatever and there is a cast of unique characters, each with their own pros, cons, uses, personality etc. Ever meet somebody that is just like your character, or know somebody that would remind you of some stranger you met years ago because of the way they are.

Absurdism with a twist. I can respect that.

Well, I wouldn't agree with that. I think that some non-natural notions and behaviours are also necessary in constructing your life and increasing your soul. You must make mistakes, some non-natural, so you can learn and grow. But that mistake should never direct you to killing yourself because there is no way back. Being crazy once in a while is nice. Actually craziness makes a lot of sense from a wide life perspective.

Exactly, the repetition of patterns, from a small colony of ants to the movement of the planets, can also be applied to humans by analogy. Souls have patterns and some of them will repeat in others, sometimes almost identically and in others, in a diverse way of being, with another essence.
My believes do not come from religion, but from the classics and their readings, some observation of the world and reading it. You can also prove some concepts such as the soul, or the trascendency of the essence.

If I die now, there's a reasonable chance I might miss out on something good.

Have as much fun as possible before it all ends. If you aren't having fun then you need to change your lifestyle. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up at about 11 since I took a day off of work then I'm going to apply for college for the second time in my life then I'm going to go fishing with my old man until the sunsets. Friday I'm going to wake up at about 7, go to work (and this is important: I'm not going to try give a shit what my coworkers think about me), I'm going to do my job as best I can, then drive 100 miles to see my best friend and get so fucked up we won't know which way is left or right.

Find what makes you happy and do it!!!

All you whiny fucktards !! I'm dissapointed .. WAKE UP in
North Korea and the you can Moan..
Just be fuckin grateful op that u can wake up and decide and think ! Freedom to do things is a major reason to wake up !!!

dying will suck. and i hate it. it is fucking stupid to come alive only to die. but then i think about drugs and video games and its ight

quads keep me alive

ching chong quads are nice

pathetic

lmao

Use like my 6ssss

No man, dying will be awesome. Oh I don't wan't to die now, I feel the need to do many things before, but yes I wan't to die. Idea of living for an eternity is terryfing. I wan't to see how the purpose of the soul abandon it's vessel to participate of something bigger, just for a while, and then, what? I want to do that journey

Care to explain? Or was that sarcasm?

i would rather live for an eternity if i could so i can see the sun take up the whole sky and embrace its incandescence

try not to become too good at reading these patterns makes things boring after awhile

To be perfectly honest I don't know why. Probably has something to do with the irrational character of life which maintains itself without reason.

The problem with suicide is that no matter when you do it, it is always too late.

That would be something awesome to see, but you can also embrace in the incandescence of your own being speaking to you, and dying when the whole of it tells you to not live anymore.

>too good at reading there patterns
that leads directly to more complicated patterns

You're an idiot lol. Stop condemning people who don't sympathize with your depressing ass ideology you hateful, extremist faggot. OP I'm glad logic guides your existence and I hope it paves the way for legitimate emotional comfort

The best thing you can do its get stoned and put on an album every other night