Stoner thread

I'm feeling lonely to be a stoner metalhead , prove me that I'm not alone Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWbVvczP1UI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there is so much stoner metal stfu

Holy Mountain's pretty good, but for all the stoner metal I've listened to nothing compares to blazing up to Dopesmoker.
DROP OUT OF LIFE WITH BONG IN HAND
lmao you stfu, they're not doing anything wrong by asking for recs on what people think is best.

i like queens of the stone age

listen to the new Elder album senpai, its great

drone over stone

I listen to a lot of metal, but only when I'm sober. When I'm stoned I like to listen to electronic music and hip hop though, but I can't stand listening to metal high. MHtRtC is one of my favorite non-metal albums.

conan is so great

Obligatory

Was suprised to find myself enjoying that record.

Also for the sake of fighting, Satan Worshipping Doom->Hate Ashbury->Great Barrier Reefer->Miserable->Hippie Killer->Heroin

Yeah there's a lot of cool stuff they did on it that I don't find in a lot of stoner metal.

convince me that stoner metal isn't a one trick poney

>stoner

Just dive in, man.

What is the 'one trick' in your mind? Even just comparing 2 bands in the thread, Sleep and Bongripper, and you'll find they're very distinctive.

>What is the 'one trick'
Black Sabbath

Listen to and tell me if you hear any sabbath

idk I just don't hear many difference in the riffs, the tone and the vocals in a lot of stoner metal
I know there are differences, I just don't find as much diversity as other genres have
I sill love stoner tho
not me

This is the tits.

Just do coke like all the other metalheads

>heavy alternative rock

>ignorant user

This shit right here.

This is what you want.

>ignorant trip
what a surprise

not him but this is exactly as he described though

Holy Mountain is much better than Dopesmoker.

>tfw new sleep song this summer

Aren't they just re-releasing The Clarity? Also, I think they have a new album.

>Idiot
It's time to let your trip die oldfag, you're jut too out of touch now

youtube.com/watch?v=HWbVvczP1UI

>no one mentionned Electric Wizard yet
wtf

i hated the mixing on holy mountain

Thanks pleb

>tfw can't get enough sabbath

they are on the adult swim summer singles again

Elder's been on a trend. Each album seems to go more towards flowy progressive atmospheric vibes. While the technical stuff is impressive, I find myself missing the simplicity and harsh guttural sounds that Dead Roots Stirring had, punctuated with spine chilling epic riffs that crashed on you like a tidal wave. To me, that album scratched the itch my soul has that no other album or band has quite come close to. With Reflections of a Floating World, I have a lot of fun listening but nothing is quite as memorable or stand-outish as their previous work. I loved Lore as well, but to me, the Spires Burn EP was the perfect amount of progression to stoner motifs. I hope they take a step back next album before they turn into a heavy Colour Haze, instead of what they were in the beginning.

hey guys drugs are bad!

where's the schedule for that?

I just bought this vinyl for a buddy of mine. Amazing fucking band, everything Kyuss' breakup created seems to turn to gold.

Nice. The Clarity is a perfect track, so I can't wait to hear what else they have cooking

nobody cares

>no downloads this year
looks like I'm resorting back to youtube2mp3 again

DUDE

I only have started to get into stoner metal. I feel like I've missed so much shit.

My man. I could listen to Melvins for hours. Revolve is an instantly loveable song.

This is the only metal album i like and its perfect in every way

WEED

>nu-male: the thread

>implying stoner/sludge/drone aren't the only good /meal/ genres

t. nu-male

its not gay if its a girl penis

where the fuck is a small turn of human kindness and WHORES.'s GOLD?