Does anyone know if Walmart checks serial numbers when returning stuff?

Does anyone know if Walmart checks serial numbers when returning stuff?

Im thinking of buying a ps4, switching it out with my broken one, and returning it. BUt am worried about then checking.

Here's an unironic tip:

If you're worried about getting in trouble don't do it.

Have fun with your fraud conviction

Swap the internal components. The new case goes back with old parts.

Bro I got a friend who works at Wal-Mart.you gonna get a call from 911 and. A lawsuit if you do this

trips tell no lies

If you're nervous about that imagine how nervous you'll be in jail. Leave that shit to people who genuinely don't give a shit about consequences.

Do you think I can get in trouble for askng on here?

Are you the Sup Forums the news was talking about

V&

you should take better care of your stuff

>Call from 911

bunch of faggots on this site honestly, scared of returning shit, because you're really going to go to jail for that, they can go fuck themselves

I'll play devil's advocate and say DO IT!

If worse comes to worse you can say you must have mixed them up on accident when "you realized you don't actually play PS4 as much as you used to" and "buying a new one was a waste of money"

I've never returned anything big there, but I doubt they would check it at the time of returning it. But eventually it would probably be noticed. Do you suppose they send defective ones back to Sony? If so it would almost certainly be notice then, but anything be done about it at that point?

please dont report me

Worse ocmes the worst Im arrsted and in prison :(

Walmart is one of the few retailers who actually goes through the trouble of regularly prosecuting shoplifters so...

Do it. When you return it say it didn't work. If they ask "Do you want to exchange" you say no you bought a new PS4 at Gamestop cause you didn't want to get another broken one from their piece of shit store. Enjoy.

do you not have the box to your broken one still?

check to see if there's a serial number that matches up with one on the outside of the box. that's normally how companies with shit like video cards and other expensive merch do it to prevent just such a thing.

if there are no matching serials, than you're good to go. chances are the retards working at walmart wouldn't give a fuck anyway.

Innocent until proven guilty. Use my excuse and when worse comes to worse you are back in the same situation. Maybe a little worse off if they decide to keep your old PS4.

honestly ive done it a few times. first make sure the system looks clean and unused. Second go late at night, most want to get home and over look simple things like serial numbers.

Dont over talk when asked why you are returning it. A simple idk i got it set up and X was happening.

try to target a ditzy bitch who wants to get home. They could care less and most dont know shit about model and serial numbers.

or git gud and order the plastic stickers they use to seal boxes and reseal it.

Good idea

Don't do this OP...

My dumbass brother tried to pull this stunt when he lost his first ps4 when our house was struck by lightning.

He bought one from walmart and put the old one in the box and tried returning it.

They checked the serial number somehow and he was there for an hour before they basically said "No" because shit didn't add up.

so many pathetic betas here

The serial number is on the reciept when you buy it.

is suicide by caffeine od a good or bad way to die? i have powdered caffeine

or you can buy it return it without a receipt and get store credit. May not hjave the cash back but its walmart so plenty of shit to buy

These fucking scared summer fags don't know how to get away with shit. If your cool about it and the box is still in mint condition, just say you don't need it and they will return it. Even if they catch you, just plead ignorance and the worst they can do is deny your return. Source: I used to work returns at Wal-mart in high school and no one gives a shit there.

finally someone whos not a faggot comments

I want to put a ball gag in that bitches mouth, tie her up in my basement, inject her with lsd, and fuck her butthole silly.