Be me, 18

>be me, 18
>got a new puppy not even a month ago (maybe 1-1.5 years old)
>super friendly dog, doesnt bark and doesn't growl at all
>sleeps down stairs the first few nights
>on night four comes upstairs and sleeps in my room with me awe.jpg
>super friendly with us and fits in great
>starting to actually learn his name when we call him
>doesn't bark or anything, generally a quiet dog
>fast forward to last Monday
>just got a hair cut cause my hair was long and shaggy and I really needed one
>we just got a new couch
>sit on it with my two dogs
>realizes my hand is wet and one dog peed on the new couch
>stand up and say get down angrily
>my dog complies but new dog starts growling
>ohshit.jpg
>starts to move closer to me, growling at me as my mother tells him "no!" And tried to get him to calm down
>as he gets closer I move away
>reaches out and grabs the back of my shirt and starts to pull
>get him off and I'm behind a door before I get my leg eaten like a shark just met a chew toy
>fast forward to today
>he is only aggressive towards me and no one else in the family (younger sister and parents)
>mother and I attempt to make him realize that I am the alpha and I am in charge
>I walk him, feed him, and make sure he listens to me
>goes smoothly and I'm starting to be optimistic and happy it can go back to normal
>he is behind a half door(upper part is cut off)
>he starts to growl at me so we try again to show him I'm boss
>he jumps up with intent to actually harm me
>my mother says only option is to put the dog down
>fuckthisismyfault.jpg
>cries a little bit
>decided to go to bed early tonight and sleep it off
>lay in bed and remember the dog used to sleep with me in here
>only had dog for a month
>fuck this is all my fault and I ruined it for everyone
Well Sup Forums now I'm laying with tears in my eyes. How is your night going?

Pic related, it's him.

what was wrong with him

We believe he may have been abused in another home and he is now scared of me, so he acts aggressively. But putting him down is our only option.

huh, that's odd.
I got 2 bulldog puppies last year, one adopted and one bred, the adopted one was abused and is a beta cuck while the bred one will fuck your shit up

Putting him down seems a bit excessive. Is your mom an expert on dogs, or just thinks that's the best option.

You tell your mom to dial back on the murderous bitch... Sounds like you haven't really been trying all that long. You like the dog, stuff was good with the dog, then you got a haircut and now you potentially remind the dog of someone who used to fuck with him, so your mom's solution is to kill the fucking dog??? Either keep trying, or find the dog another home. Not his fault some fuckwit that resembles you jerked him around. You said he's good with everybody else? Find some chick to take him. Or better yet, take the time to work with him, He's your dog, sometimes it takes a bit of work to have a pet that isn't a pain in the ass...

Hmm... shit man. I used to own a chocolate (at least that's what it looks like in the photo). He did nothing beyond bark at the occasional plumber. Rather unfortunate.

We have had many dogs in the past who came from abusive homes, and we worked with them. Non of which had the intent to kill one of us. We can't hand her off because not only could we be in for a lawsuit, but also the risk of it taking off someone's face like a kid. He bit my little sister when we first got him when we tried to give him food

Euthanize your mother

Chocolate Labs as a breed in general can be a pain in the ass, but not particularly aggressive, more stupidity-type stuff if they aren't trained properly.... running off, eating garbage type of stuff... That being said, any dog can be aggressive if they've been mistreated. That's the downside of a rescue dog, when you think about it.

Just grow your hair out again. You only had the dog for a month so it would have thought you were a different person after the haircut

>Only a month and he already wants to put the dog down
>No vet check
>No blood work
>No thyroid tests

Your mom is a fucktard if she's spouting alpha bullshit anyway.
Hire an actual professional.

Amen. Chocolates are fucking stupid. When trained right, they are great though.

Enjoy your dox, faget.

This, chocolate and black labs have stupid high energy. They're not really aggressive, just high strung.

This, anyone who thinks "putting the dog down" is the "only" option is an absolute fucktard. At the very least dump it on a shelter so somebody with a shred of decency can have a chance to adopt & train the dog.

Find a no kill shelter if you're gonna tap out, let someone work with him who might be a bit more up to the task than it sounds like you guys can accommodate fore before you give him the needle.

Faggot

Actually fight the dog i did it and it it worked

if your dog growls at you, im sorry but you have to fucking hit him. is the only way to show you truly are alpha when its about animals.

Obviously not a pure bred lab.
>Go back to breeder get your money back
>Punch dog in head
>If dog doesnt calm down, kill dog

you can assert yourself with a dog you've had since it was a puppy within reason, and it can work out well if you know when to keep pushing and when to back off, but with a rescue dog with an unknown past, that's a whole like trickier. Good way to get bitten if you're not careful.

>psssst OP's a huge faggot who can't give off a calm and assertive energy.
>probably needs his nuts cut off since he doesn't use them anyways.
>should an hero if he cries over a dog even though he has another.

for real though OP it's all about your energy, take that fucker walking more if he's high strung or put that bitch on a treadmill exhaust him so he has no energy to be aggressive with. and like other people and yourself said was obviously abused to some degree so treat as so. he bit your adult bitch ass not a baby, doesn't need to be put down just yet.

How are you such a faggot OP I would have beat that dogs ass and showed him who's boss no need to kill the poor thing

You're a fucking pussy OP, grab the dog by the back of the neck and pin his ass to the ground and don't let him up til he submits. Having your mom help show who's alpha? How the fuck are you showing you're alpha with mommy helping.

This is now a Daddy Millan thread.
post all and any Cesar Millan pics

Lol the irony. OP is so beta he asks his mom to help him be alpha my fucking sides

He wants to establish as alpha
You have to hold his nick down on the ground until he stops growling
This or you feel guilty forever

This is a pit I just rescued and he's awesome after I had to submit him a couple times. From aggressive to an amazing family dog because I'm an Alpha not a pussy like you OP

Neck

same faggin' till I die.

>forgot pic

don't get a retarded breed.

I'm not surprised white trash scum like you and your mother don't know how to handle animals properly. It's a shame we live in such a time.

the way you establish dominance is by holding the dog down

Do you want to skype user?

I train dogs for a living and wouldn't mind offering some help.

>meanwhile niggers nig it up with pitbulls

You should have knocked the fuck out of the dog the instant it started growling, assert your dominance and stop being a little bitch, the dog can smell your pussy from a mile away.

Op here
So I should just knock him down and keep him there?
I tried (didn't say cause animal abuse people on my ass) but it didn't last long as he grabbed my arm hard.
Should I try again and keep him there?

Also, since he's aggressive towards me only and basically trying to protect everyone from me, wouldn't doing that make him hate me even more?

badshope in coming

You hold him down. If he's been abused don't hit him because that's not good. You need to hold him down and you feel when he gives up fighting. Then you start showing him love. It might not work to first time I had to do it 2x with the pit bull I posted earlier

>I want you to stop being a faggot.

might wanna put on a few layers with long sleeves in case he tries to chew on your ass, nothing that would make weird noises or strange smells though

OP if you're going to have to beat some sense in your dog use a stick or something that can an extension to your arm so you don't get bit. You can put it between you and the dog or if shit gets real let him bite that instead of you and bash him in the head real good.
It's the oldest and best working tacktick.

Op here
Basically I have an 11 yo sister and fear for her life is greater, not really mine.
Also my mother is an experienced dog handler.
This isn't a dominance thing, it's what we tried to establish. It's fear aggression. Fighting the dog wouldn't help.

Update, my mother is going to talk with the vet tomorrow when I'm at school and ask what the best option is, whether we can medicate him or if he knows better ways to help train him to see I'm a cool ass guy

OP I have large dogs. First is he neutered? Second you gotta put him on his back... So you'll have to fight him. What's his height and weight compared to yours?

It's not dominance that is the problem, we know this now. However it's more the fear he has for me. Fear aggression in dogs is much more common, and fighting him will only make the fear worse.

Talk to a good balance trainer you fucking moron. Vets rarely know shit about training. Also don't fucking medicate your dog for behavioral issues.

I'm a K9 handler with my SO. Don't beat him while he is down. Put him on his back and let him know that he will not growl at you. I don't want you to abuse him but he has to know he can't act that way. But you didn't answer if he wasn't neutered

You gotta put his bitch ass in his place. I love dogs and have grown up raising them, labs too actually. I have helped loads of friends with their dogs

He's 1 to 1.5 years old? He is getting his nuts and becoming a 'man' so he's trying to see what he can get away with like an angsty teenager. You have to reprimand his negative actions in an instant, or he want know what he is being punished for, so keep that in mind.

That being said, it's a big mental game, you have to do that ceasar milan bs and project on to him that you're the ultimate bad ass who will kill him if he steps out of line, that should be going through your head. That's projecting the alpha mentality.

Then when he shows agression, you have to be swift and agressive with your response. If he snaps at you, pop him in the head once, grab him by the scruff, throw his ass on his back and pin him there until he calms down, staring into his face, projecting the "I will fucking wreck you if you move". Grabbing his scruff on a certain manner emulates a mothers/alphas bite.

Don't be afraid to bite his ass too. Dogs speak a physical language, as well as unconscious cues from body language. I have been bit and chomped a dog for playing too rough

Honestly all this stuff I have said, has only had to be applied to a dog once or twice before they get it

Sometimes you have to put them in their places, and sometimes it needs to be physical. The evolved from predators. Physical dominance is how they work out problems in their world.

>he doesn't like me
>only option is to kill him

You must be very smart

Same user, also you need to 'apologize' and establish peace after words. Give him a pet, dogs know when they fuck up and will try to approach you and lick you after an altercation like they are saying sorry. Take him on walks and play with him too to rebuild/reestablish trust. Dogs can get cranky when they're bored too sometimes

put it down? find it a new home you piece of shit. your mom should've been aborted.

Our plan was to get his balls chopped off, but that's a $420 operation that can't gaurentee anything, for if it doesn't work then fuck.
Also we can't alpha roll him, that will only make him even more afraid of me. Fear aggression needs to be helped, not with violence.

OP HERE
HE IS NOT GOING TO BE PUT DOWN
IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT IT IS TOO FAR AND IT WAS A RASH DECISION FOR SHE WAS SCARED FOR MY 11 YEAR OLD SISTER

ALso shelters won't be an option, for lab shelters won't take him if he's like this, and regular shelters are super shitty

Dude, your logic is shit, it almost sounds like you wanna have no other option but to old yeller his ass, if you really care about the dog, find a half way decent place and take him there