Why is Fleet Foxes' fanbase almost entirely composed of hostile nu-male stans who have never read any literature so...

Why is Fleet Foxes' fanbase almost entirely composed of hostile nu-male stans who have never read any literature so they think the lyrics are god-tier and can't listen to anything but indie (no classical) so they think FF's new "experimental" sound is so progressive and innovative?

It's impossible to discuss their new album (which I like a lot) when the only people available to discuss it act like fucking children.

Because that's literally what Pecknold's like.

He seemed like a cringey dude couple years back but still mostly genuine. I can't take anything the dude who just fucked off to Columbia says seriously. It's so immensly vapid. But at the same time that's what people on here are like.

"Oh yeah, I'm really into literature. Fitzgerald's prose is just so ____"

That's a great deal of projection, user.

Do you know what projection is? If you actually do then I don't see how you could be more wrong.

not a Fleet Foxes "fan" so to speak but I love the new album.

I just finished reading The Brothers Karamazov, and now I've started Moby Dick. Earlier this year I read Gravity's Rainbow and Blood Meridian.

Please, for the love of god. Read something else than what this place or /lit/ just chucks at you. Jesus.

>stans

oh and forgot to add, I listen to a good bit of classical, I just picked up a few new records from a thrift shop, mostly entry-level stuff though. I like minimalism (which influenced Fleet Foxes on the new album, obviously) and I've been listening to some classical guitarists like Pepe Romero and María Isabel Siewers.

>book elitist

A lot of people read popular books so they can talk about them with other people like a normal person.

What a great way to start your discussion. I'm curious what you thought about the album.

Don't try to prove yourself to these autists

>immensely vapid

Please stop

The exact opposite, you fucking idiot. There's so much good books out there, but no, you're right. Better jerk it to the same 50 novels.

Same point as the above. I mean yeah, why talk about new exciting literature when you can talk about shit that a) has been dissected a thousand times already and b) most comments made about them on here are just absolute drivel.

>so much good books
>most comments made about them on here are just absolute drivel

I doubt you have even read 10 books from how atrociously you write.

Yeah, I love going to one of the most prestigious universities in the country and spend the next 5 years wanking it to one of the most hailed authors of the 20th century. Sure. Cool. Tight.

This is the stupidest post I've read in a while. Reading something for the first time means its new to you, there's a reason its called required reading. And like, if you want to say Moby Dick isn't one of the greatest books ever written and he should just read some new young adult shit to look trendy or some obscure Polish shit to look edgy then you should probably go hop in the bathtub and write about it in your wrists, because we're sick of reading it here.

Books ASIDE, and lyrics aside for that matter, what folk rock band is making music like them today?

>The exact opposite, you fucking idiot. There's so much good books out there, but no, you're right. Better jerk it to the same 50 novels.

>opposite

makes u think

Mumford and Sons

funny guy

I thought it was a great turn for the band. They managed to switch from strict melodies to a more texture-based record. It feels like a perfect bridge between their last record and whatever comes next. Robin said the next record will be ecstatic and full of energy so I am excited to see what that means. Their previous records contained some songs that were imo somewhat underwhelming. On Crack-Up, I feel like there really is not much of a low point since the music here fits together like a puzzle slowly being pieced together. I think the artwork for the record really fits too. For me, Crack-Up feels like one long, epic–in the literal sense–ship ride of through the night against the harsh ocean. Robin described this album as a grappling with personal troubles but it ultimately ending in a "bright clearing." This concept is what makes the record tie together so well. Also, the lyricism is in fact much better and patently more personal. It is definitely a record Robin wanted to make for himself and be satisfied with, which I believe makes it fundamentally more satisfying for the listener too.

Have you seen his Instagram. Literally nu-males piling up to get @'d by Robin.