I'm going to see a psychiatrist in a few hours from now and I want to know your opinion about them Sup Forums...

I'm going to see a psychiatrist in a few hours from now and I want to know your opinion about them Sup Forums. Do you trust them? Ever seen one? What about shrinks? Any interesting stories to share at all?

Bump

The drugs take a week before they start working. Be ready for some mood swings the first week though.

I already have mood swings though, what I'm worried about is the dude being a nigger-tier professional and prescribing me highly addictive medication right off the bat.

You'll be fine just go and just for today get your diagnosis. Don't let them push any drugs on you during your first visit. If you can try to find out if there's any posts online about who you're going to see to read any horror stories that might be out there about them.

Sound advice. I'll keep that in mind. Was thinking of bailing out again but it simply feels cowardly.

If it is a person who practices cognitive behavioral therapy, it has a pretty good chance of being positive. All depending on how your personalities fit.

Another piece of advice I would have for you is to not even bother with any pharma shit if your mood-swings are due to something like anxiety or depression. Better off just doing therapy and attempting to change your circumstances in that case. You don't really have a choice but to go on the meds if it's anything else though.

did you know a lot of sociology students and the like come on here to get info?

and no, i would not trust them .they have approx 7 years studyung and this makes them understand everyone whom they meet, of course, many have no real exerience , life experience.

it was once a noble profession, about healing.
and sure, many still are , but it is one of the jobs that attracts those on the psychopathic spectrum .

depends what you want from them, if you just want a few xanax, or want proper help .

Most likely related to depression, so a therapist is still an option I guess. My mood swings were self-diagnosed but trust me when I say I'm pretty sure it's the real deal.

I've taken Prozac for a short period of time awhile ago but it didn't do me any good. The shitty doctor didn't even see me ONCE before prescribing it, but I took it anyway since I was desperate. You can see where my skepticism towards those people stems from.

Another user here, look up cognitive behavioral therapy. If your depression isn't chemically based, this sort of therapy could help you greatly.

Yeah I tried a bunch of different medications and they all either just didn't fucking work or the side effects were too trash. I know this probably isn't going to work for everyone but what worked for me was taking 10 grams of top quality magic mushrooms to the dome. That was a couple months ago and I've been a lot better since.

I was his mother, a waste of a dog? Yeah, I killed my prescription, Kaida blood, Marina graduated more than 300 people with ID stolen. Me, the highest military sniper in the gorilla war. You are a small number, it's just a target. Of course, I like this country look stupid words. At that time, we think you're going out, can you say you live? Besides, bad, I think. Now in the United States and crater spies, a storm called the secret network, and you can always be in the sky. Effects on life to make a name bad wind sad little things. He will die of dog waste. At any time, you can be anywhere in different parts of more than 700 people. Not only the most capable armed wing, the access is not easy and obvious, bad ass fucking full range of small island Navy have used it here. "Intelligent" is the punishment for your opinion, but you know you can warm the stupid autumn language. However, it may, fuck not bad, not, and the price paid. I'm crazy for you, Mom, it'll sink. Doors of dead wood, fuck.

What is this some kind of ai trying to write

Looks like a mashup of different memes.

Some of them are legit worthwhile IF you have shit for brains. They are there to think for you. that's their job. They are for people with more money than sense.

The free medicaid/medicare ones are nothing but garbage. And honestly, they are all bullshit compared to a friend with some sense.

They are counsel, that's all, and piss poor and self-interested counsel at that.

That's an interestinget take on it. I'mean guessing you're this () user?

>self-interested
What do you mean?

Pay no heed to the shitty auto-correct

No, that's my only post in this thread. other than this one, I guess.

Self-interested means just that. The psychiatrist is at work performing their job. That is their job. They aren't your friend. They get paid to advise you. So, ultimately their interests are their own, and not yours, as would be the case with a close family or friend that cares and is invested in your future and emotional well being.

Some people lack that,. and so need to hire people like that, but it's not the same.

hey , no im not
i just posted
but they have a point.
and faces/eyes are one if the first things i'm attracted to . if i see a woman with lovely eyes...it is true that eyes are the windows and all of that.

In other words, a psychiatrist isn't going to tell you what you need to hear if it could compromise their position. They aren't going to ever be as real with you as someone who isn't a hired hand to talk to you. They'll be PC, and always looking for red flags that could make them more money by diagnosing you with more and more conditions and getting you hooked on drugs

I couldn't make this shit up. think about it. They're at work. They aren't your buddy next door.

would fucking help if i explained what in fuckery i meant, that you can tell from eyes/ body language how honest and open a shrink is.
sometimes i re-read texts and think, the joy of mania.

Like anything else, dude, some are shit and some might actually try to help you. Most are just college kids that got a job in their field, you know? Most people are mediocre, a handful are exceptional. It's the same in anything. You often get what you pay for if you're discerning.

Beware of drug therapy. Had Lithium then Seroquel prescribed both with nasty side effects.

yeah lithium is filth , the same amount that therapeutic is toxic.

lamotrigine (lamictal) is good, a mood stabiliser, apparently gabapentin helps too though personally think it's way overrated.

My experience was that you should just take the first, if you don't find him/her sympathetic enough it wont work out.
Also be cautious about any drugs they want you to take get your own research up on the effects and discuss that with them

Shouldn't *