soundcloud.com/nuclearshadows666/tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=-753G1DSBDw
youtube.com/watch?v=jl_p4Qqes2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for kvlt
youtube.com/watch?v=DKPA1UziDf8

first for MS Paint covers

Start listening to melodeath

When are they changing this board to /nu/?

melodeath is nu-male shit

>two seconds difference
let's call it a tie
>implying /metal/ = Sup Forums

Then what's nu metal?

>H

Oh, just some shitty hard rock/rap hybrid that was very popular during the mid-to-late '90s that everyone calls "metal" because normies think loud guitars + screaming = metal

Why do you ask, though? How's that related to the previous posts?

Still waiting for someone to post good metal.

faggot

I already did But have some more
youtube.com/watch?v=um12PLiV0jg

sorry, is this thread not blackgaze enough for your sophisticated sensibility

Hey guys, can I ask a special request?
Can you please post some good /metal/ copypastas? I already know the ''You fucking nu-male'' one

Mozart probably would play metal, not even trying to troll here. The only reason he played classical is because piano and shit was all the musical instruments they had back then. It was either piano if you were a solo artist or an entire orchestra if you wanted to play in a band.
once mozart got hold of a true electric guitar he would probably compose some kick ass metal shreds and form a metal band unlike any you ever seen. I would describe his sound as somehwhere as a mix between metallica, pantera, and slayer, definitely some heavy stuff but I feel like he would go a different route and as his music evolves you would hear more lead badass solos and less rhythmic heavy riffs.
His later works would probably be almost entirely shredding solos played underneath screaming vocals that would go together like bread and wine. It would be beautiful masterpieces I wouldn't even be able to describe, but imagine the most eligant and beatiful guitar tone imaginable shredding so fast he goes through every scale ever invented, and then goes beyond that into scales that haven't even been thought of yet that require a 15 string guitar to even play.

The Jester Race is the VH1 version of Slaughter of the Soul. In Flames are not a poorly-done, warmed over Iron Maiden or Artillery; In Flames are the type of lame sing-along lite rock that can otherwise be found on the heavier Motley Crue LPs. The closest comparison I can think of would actually be the speed metal influenced Skid Row – Slave to the Grind but In Flames have more estrogen in their bloodstream. Medical literature reports that listeners testicles retreat into the body cavity upon hearing the opening riff. To make an In Flames album one must merely kidnap five relatively sane beer metal fans in Iron Maiden t-shirts, inject them with potent cocktails of various benzodiazepines, and buy them an afternoon of studio time. The Jester Race is what would result. In Flames were not a band who wanted to kill everyone like Metallica in 1983, rather they were the assholes in Animal House with the acoustic guitar attempting to make New Wave of British Heavy Metal music a few years later for born again Christians. In Flames are the Swedish Stryper.

What's the screencap supposed to mean?

man I fucking love mullebarap

More like this?

why do these modern sabbath doom bands have bad riffs. nothing is memorable and if it is, it sounds like electric wizard

because black sabbath crossed with butt rock and slowed down has no possible way of being good

there's only so much you can do with a pentatonic scale, and we've had 40 years to perfect it

Because at this point most bands are copies of copies that weren't good in the first place.

can /metal/ recommend a good free program that will let me compose and record basic piano and keyboard audio tracks with multi layers with a computer keyboard?

Reaper

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCIpjkDzJA

Is this Ozzy?

That was just disgusting in every way possible. Really, I'm going to have to go get some air to get over this cringe.

Twilight Force is fun.

cringe

More stuff like this.

This is an /AOR/ thread now!
youtube.com/watch?v=SrK_p2IT6yE

>album art by Ian Miller

absolvt kvlt

I've neglected metal pretty much my whole life, so I was planning on going through the genre chronologically. Both to make sure I get context for the big releases that I haven't listened to yet, and to go outside of my comfort zone.

What pre-1980 albums would you guys recommend? This era has been the hardest to get albums for, as a lot of influential albums don't have a metal tag on RYM. I really only know the super obvious stuff like Deep Purple and Blue Cheer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Db5PecHOroo

you said you only know the super obvious stuff but you didn't name any of the actual super obvious stuff

ie black sabbath
judas priest
motorhead

I thought that'd be too obvious. Apart from those three, Rainbow and the two I mentioned in my previous post, there's a ton of bands that I have noted down but aren't sure if they're worth the listen.

I also have bands like Budgie, The UFO, The Sweet, Nazareth and Scorpions, but I don't want to spend too much time on stuff that's irrelevant and/or bad.

I've also included Led Zeppelin as I may as well use this as an opportunity to get more familiar with them. I'm also considering some prog bands like Rush, but I'm not really sure at this point.

Thanks. This is definitely on my list once I actually get to the 70s. How Metal is it? As I've come across a lot of Heavy Psych where the link is pretty tenuous.

start easing into heavier stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=NUAdgt5Glk0
youtube.com/watch?v=spzJs2r1nFc
youtube.com/watch?v=lezzGZjtJew
youtube.com/watch?v=PvtoqnWcLuY

You're not helping at all, man

>Budgie, The UFO, The Sweet, Nazareth and Scorpions
these are hard rock bands though some of them are really good, i would recommend scorpions in particular

i guess if you want to start at the very start of the 70s check out randy holden's population ii and uriah heep

as for mid 70s hard rock thin lizzy are really good

i would say the late 70s is when we started seeing actual full blown heavy metal releases from bands other than the three i mentioned previously. my favourites are heavy load, riot, saxon and legend - from the fjords

and i'll mention diamond head's 1980 album because it's really good and that's kind of when hard rock/metal gets really interesting for me - a lot of the less popular 70s stuff is kind of bland in my opinion

and this chap is an idiot and also not me

go suck a cock and die of aids then faggot
you must be a turbofag anyway if you neglected metal your whole life lmao

This

It's more fun going back from the 80s, 90s

Icecross - s/t

>these are hard rock bands though some of them are really good, i would recommend scorpions in particular
That's the problem I'm having. With virtually no reference it's hard to tell what's actually relevant based on random articles I'm finding on google and RYM lists.

I'll keep Scorpions and perhaps just do quick listens of the rest to get a feel for the era.

I might have to adjust my schedule to spend a lot less time on the 70s. From what I've got lined up for the early 80s I'm going to have a lot more fun there.

Thanks for the other recs I'll make sure they're all on my list.

That wasn't me, but I more or less feel the same way.

soundcloud.com/nuclearshadows666/tracks

PLEASE STOP BEING SO CRINGE
JUST GO LISTEN TO SOMETHING

Thanks. Obscure Heavy Psych/Proto-Metal recs like this are exactly what I'm after.

I have been listening to things. But everything else I was reading had me listening to crap like Gun and Grand Funk Railroad so I came here.

>what's actually relevant
i think all or most of it is relevant somehow, for example i know venom even named kiss as a huge influence if that's what you mean

but the late 70s/very early 80s are more interesting precisely because that's when heavy metal really became a movement consisting of more than like 5 bands

Most of the important developments of metal in the 1970s were concentrated in a few releases by the bands in . The 80s and 90s were so dense in innovative metal that it isn't really worth spending a lot of time on the 70s outside of Sabbath, Priest, and Motorhead, if your focus is on metal and not hard rock.

So was right all along.

>reading
YOU CANT READ WITH YOUR EARS

>Budgie, UFO, The Sweet, Nazareth and Scorpions

They're all better than 99% of the shit that gets posted in /metal/.

>for example i know venom even named kiss as a huge influence if that's what you mean
Yeah, exactly. I've even listened to Arthur Brown while going through the 60s because Bruce Dickinson says he was a huge influence.

I need to find a line between direct and indirect influences. I'm prepared to spend a lot of time on this, but if I just go and listen to everything then this could take years.

There is a strong argument for skipping most of the 70s, which is kind of why I'm asking. I want some context for the era and I feel like if I just listen to the main 4-5 bands then I'll be missing out on a lot.

Even though I know I could just spend a month listening to Sabbath/Priest/Motorhead etc and move on, I want to be a little more comprehensive. But if there isn't really anything worth spending time on then I'm happy to move on.

I'll readily admit I know nothing btw.

Read my post again.

>tfw partially responsible for this becoming a pasta

What is Inquisition's best album and why isn't it Ominous Doctrines?

yes

>"If it wasn't made between 1960 and 1990, it's probably not worth listening to"

Was he right?

Yes

Ominous Doctines is the best, but the debut is a close second.

What are some metal albums with god-tier drumming?

>rec basic bitchcore that any tween can find
>completely ignore what that guy was asking for
>get buttflustered when called out
Don't let the hall door hit you

Change it to 1966 and 1996 and you're pretty spot on for all rock-derived music.

Most of that shit on Shrapnel Records with Dean Castronovo on drums is great.

From Joey Tafolla's "Crankenstein".
youtube.com/watch?v=-753G1DSBDw

I'll never decide whether the fact that we didn't get a sophomore was an indescribable tragedy or a blessing in disguise

>implying the 00s weren't godly

>implying the 10s aren't godly

based on the bands that he mentioned he had already familiarized himself and also stating wanting to get out of his comfort zone and having no knowledge of metal decided to rec digestible and accessible yet still excellent classic metal from a variety of genres that someone coming from 70s hard rock and metal wouldn't find so intimidating. how would someone with zero metal knowledge know to listen to blind guardian after only listening to the shit he was?

you can go fuck yourself too

>using "godly" at all
>especially in regards to metal

That's right

lol

yeah

I fucking love this record

they should do a tour with portal and artificial brain.

That snare reminds me of Flo Mounier. You most likely have listened to Cryptopsy's None So Vile. Check it out if you haven't.

Disgorge, Fleshgrind, Lividity, Disavowed, Guttural Secrete the list goes on...

What is the best way to buy t-shirts? I'm concerned about buying off of eBay, but the selection there is unbeatable.

Indiemerch has some pretty good bands but it's limited. Bought a few shirts from there no problems.

>was hyped over a gig but when I went to the venue it was closed
>realized it was yesterday
metal for this feel?

Yeah, I've bought from them too. Looking for a more extensive selection, though. Heavy Metal Merchant has a larger selection, but it's based in Australia and the shipping is outrageous IIRC.

go to shows!

Some guud shit mang

holy shit, DragonForce's drummer is one aesthetic motherfucker

rec me a good song for someone that has only listened to valley of the damned and the second album. I really like the first one a lot before it got too wanky but I'm willing to check out more wank if you can rec something good from them.

Their new album is actually pretty good. Valley of the Damned is the only album I liked before this came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=jl_p4Qqes2Y

Check out a band named Buffalo

Thanks, will do.

I have Volcanic Rock on my list now as that seems like the safest place to start.

Thanks for the advice buddy!

You should be glad, In Flames shouldn't be taken seriously

This is the year lads!!!

hour and a half late but

>What pre-1980 albums would you guys recommend?

you fucking windowlicking mong

I haven't down tuned my guitar past D# for almost a year now!