Ask a German software engineer anything

Ask a German software engineer anything.

Why the fuck treat people politics like sports and think they have to stick to their party even if they do shit for years?

How do I change my background on my PC?

do you have a degree? if yes, bachelor or master?

finishing my IT apprenticeship soon.

Should i go study or work?

Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD

Macht Ihnen die Arbeit frei?

It really depends on what you want to do. For simple software development it might be enough. For more sophisticated stuff you most definitely need a degree. The same holds true if you want to go into management.

Zumindest finanziell

Why are Germans so bad at writing software?
For all the talk of 'German efficiency' your software is some of the most bloated shit on the planet.

Why do you code in english?

I see you're confusing software development with IT, happens frequently, although they're nothing alike.

Can you elaborate which software you mean specifically?

So that colleagues from other countries can read it.

Das ist fair. Danke.

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks

What are your thoughts on Josef fritzel?

Also because all the keywords are in english and mixing languages is annoying.

Can you mod PC games

currently working as sysadmin. not sure if i wanna stick with it or try something else (in the field of it).

Thanks anyway for the reply

How useful is math in your everyday work

Are you into BDSM?

I'm studying that now. What can I go into after I've finished? I'm tempted to do animation

Probably could but that doesn't really interest me.

I use it all the time. Especially algebra, analysis, and differential geometry. But then again I am working in Computer Vision. I guess in other jobs you won't need it so much.

You have all the possibilities in the world. But most people already specialize during their studies. I don't know much about animation though.