ARRIVAL

youtube.com/watch?v=AMgyWT075KY

Why the FUCK aren't we talking about this?

Finally a movie that gets a first encounter story right.

Maybe for the first time in cinematic history.

Other urls found in this thread:

mathisgasser.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/ted-chiang_story-of-your-life_2000.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLO4X6UI8OY
youtube.com/watch?v=SRoj3jK37Vc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mars Attacks was more realistic

>Why the FUCK aren't we talking about this?
We had multiple threads today alone

>le strong independent womyn
wew lad

Doesn't Lois Lane already know superman is an alien? What's she doing with the flying pringle

I just want to drink Amy Adams pussy juice for 1 hour straight, smell her asshole and stick my tongue up it, and breastfeed off her tits until they're deflated balloons and finish with passionate open mouth kissing. Is that too much to ask?

Here is the novella its based off of. Only 39 pages.
mathisgasser.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/ted-chiang_story-of-your-life_2000.pdf

>"You're at the top of everyone's list when it comes to translations"
Sounds dumb. In real life they'd have a massive team of linguists and code breakers instead of just one woman who does translations.

why you triggered, bro?

BEcause everyones waiting for the actual ADHD trailer where they show the second half half where it goes full Michael Emerich Bay

They will never to a first contact story better than Jodie Fosters Contact, prove me Wrong

>Amy Adams befriend an alien
Do i smell kino?

BEcause out of a whole planet you telling me only this chick can translate? She has a daughter ffs it's already unbelieevable, you cant have children and deicate your life to translating and being the best, FACT

So it's District 9 but instead of Nigger-aliens they are Japanese-aliens?

>She has a daughter ffs it's already unbelieevable, you cant have children and deicate your life to translating and being the best, FACT
>>>MGTOW

>Arrival

It's gonna be Dead on Arrival

Why? because reviewers are already getting together and discussing what angle to slay this film in terms of it being not witty enough for their millenial brothers and sisters

It's going to be a full MNSHAMALYAH twist where they're not Aliens but Japs getting revenge for Pearl Harbour and getting Nuked

>reviewers are already getting together and discussing what angle to slay this film

This guy gets it, if its not marvel, It's Dead on Arrival, bury it, consider it mercy

GUYS
Here is the international trailer and it clarifies that their are many other people working on the language at other locations around the world.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLO4X6UI8OY

>ywn convert to Mormonism and take Lois as your first of many ginger wives

go read the story it's based on

spoiler alert: hurf durf human perception is based on our language structure hurf durf

Don't project your DCuck insecurities.

>I need to see them!
>rips off protective gear in potentially unstable environment

Every. Fucking. Science. Fiction. Movie.

Nah this is just social programming about the current migrant crisis

Le humans need to work tegether!!!11

those movies woulda been a lot more fun if they had shown this much comic rapport

Found the DCuck.

Did you miss that they had a bird with them? It's an old trick to check for breathing air in mines

>the military will ignore her advice and want to launch a pre emptive strike

Villenueve does it again

this is partly true, since the predefinitions are in themselves constraints and decryptions of reality

also, hope this is hard sci-fi like Andromeda Strain

The book is way better. Story of Your Life. One of my too shirt stories. I was literally so hype as I saw the trailer wondering if it was an adaptation and it definitely is.

This looks great. Amy Adams is fuckin banging for being in her mid 40s

>if you show a nail to a hammer

Glad someone is sharing this. Much better story than the movie could ever be.

has been amy typecasted as louis lane-like?

That's a retarded premise, because human perception came first, then language.

Hell, "language" is just series of common symbols, a language can be made of literally anything. Morse code, lights, math functions, rhyme patterns, marks on a tree. To say that a certain language structure grants you god-like deterministic cognizance is pretty surface-level thinking.

Looks cool. Will probably watch it from Redbox.

oh pls this is the only movie getting first encounter right

youtube.com/watch?v=SRoj3jK37Vc

Nolan does it again!

I agree with yr second claim, but the fact that language came after perception doesn't imply that language can't shape perception

Saying that some language is going to make us gods is pretty stupid; saying that language can shape the ways that we think is pretty easy to accept though. Look at asian people who can do arithmetic miles better than us because of the way they have numbers encoded into their language

formally, language is spoken, and thereby operated by parts of the brain which specifically produce and conduct the parts of language, so as to articulate their relations; the other modes you mentioned are encodings with accepted conventions, which are ways to transmit information, but not with the advancement of the spoken word

also, since most people acquire language and do not (have the time to) rework the entire spectrum of human existence as described in a cultural language, the associations are rote and primarily the works of others, like an operating system you inherit, which lets you operate the environment, but in turn, it also operates how you interact with the environment

"i don't know how to express this idea", and so forth; most people stop producing their own language by age 2

as for human perception coming first, that's quite debatable

e.g., most of us have seen Amy Adams but few of us have actually met Amy Adams

DUDE MEN ARE WARMONGERS LMAO

This nigger gets it. Amy is the most beautiful woman. Adore her.

ill watch it for amy adams

Looks like Contact mixed with a bit of Rama
Could be cool

For christ sake Clark go out the bed and save some people, is that too much of an hassle for you?

OP didn't watch Mars Attacks.

this is a FILM forum. book is completely irrelevant

FUCKING LOL BRO!

get a load of this aspie

just give up, we already talk about comics more than films. talking about literature would be an improvment.

also /lit/ is probably the worst board

source

no this is the worst board.

Looks pretty good, I'll see it for my man Jeremy Renner

She is pratically a language teacher. FOR FUCK SAKE now women beign teachers is ubelievable?

Asians use the same number system as us you doofus

>russia portrayed as evil/stupid
>le stronk independent womyn meme

>Finally a movie that gets a first encounter story right.

>first encounter

>first encounter with a fucking woman

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Yes and?

The fact that we hate Ghostbusters 2016 doesn't mean we are all clueless misogynist like SONY portray us.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

GET A LOAD OF THIS FUCKING KEK

More like Dead On Arrival

how did the pam from the office get huge roles in so many movies lately

sounds like science fiction from a typical /tv user perspective

>japan launched tentacle sex monsters across the globe
>all the bullshit communication attempts just keep resulting in "we're going to rape you"
>they do
>movie ends

Why are you so insecure user?

jonesy is male

kek

t. slavboo

Why are you a faggot, cuck?

Nah, Sup Forums is the worst board

The aliens communicate by dancing!

Two insults in one sentence, you surely proved everyone you are not insecure
:^)

>now women beign teachers is ubelievable?
Good teachers? Yes.

I'm sorry to hear your teacher gave you bad grades in school user. But maybe you should stop blaming her and admit you were either lazy or retarded. Or both.

normally i would agree with you but the last year of Sup Forums has been far far worse.

Granted, it would be silly to employ a single linguist instead of assembling a vast team of expert linguists to collaborate in an event of this magnitude, but regardless I don't really understand what about the field of linguistics/translation precludes women from participating or any expert linguists from having children. Noam Chomsky is married and has three fucking kids.

Literally the plot of Close Encounters meets Contact

Where is the originality? They better show 4D beings

>muh determinism

Nah fuck this trash

no? they wouldnt send a single translator rofl it would be a team

>Aliens arrive
>Suspends disbelief
>A woman with a kipper is a hero
>Well, there goes everything

Looks great but
>Amy Adams

No thanks

The twist is she teaches english as a second language and shes the last one left. Everyone else fried their brains in frustration with the aliens

Actually she doesn't have a daughter (yet). The aliens experience/understand time differently than us and their written language is structured in such a way that the author knows how the sentence will end before it is even written which suggests the universe is deterministic. Studying the language starts making her think in a similar way to the aliens and she begins to see flash-forwards of her daughter being born, growing up, etc. Basically the whole thing is "hurr durr God is real."

>Takes of mask
>"It's okay."
>Other scientists follow suit

>Angry aggressive general that ignores common sense
>"God damn it I'll blow those aliums back where they came from God damn it like we did in Nam."
>It ain't me starts playing

>We will train oil drillers to be astronauts (TM)

Nigga in real life they couldn't even translate shit, because without a common linguistic ground there is no way you can decipher a language.

There is a reason we couldn't translate fucking hieroglyphs until the Rosetta stone came around, or why the Voynich manuscript is still untranslated.

I read it and I don't know much about physics, but it seems like the entire thing hinges on a faulty interpretation of the principle of least action.

>i rub the belly button
>you're mine

dafuq

The difference is hieroglyphs is a dead lenguage, while the trailer show aliens are trying to teach us their lenguage.

Can you comprehend that? Do you speak my lenguage? Parli la mia lingua?

Jared go to bed, we already read about you being "tricked" into Suicide Wad, nobody fucking cares, your Joker sucks and you suck.

Quality shitposting.

I hope she finally gets her Oscar uwu

If the aliums are still alive there is common linguistic ground, dipshit. Hieroglyphs required the Rosetta Stone because there weren't any Egyptians walking around that could point to a rock and then write the corresponding symbol.

It's actually not uncommon, their might be a team of linguistics and other experts behind Amy Adams' character, but in instances where two alien cultures first meet, they often designate single liaisons to interact and learn each others' language.

six fingered circles

SoContact with a forced Russia bad guy

>Aliens arrive
>Use a language teacher/linguist to form communication without even consulting cryptanalysts/mathematicians to attempt communicating with them via actual science

This post is hilariously stupid

ok i get it
meanie

What the fuck does Cuba Gooding Jr say at the end?

I've listened to it a dozen times now and can't make it out. Something six fatal wars? What the fuck? Please help.

If you literally have no way of understanding something, even a basic concept like numbers isn't going to translate.