Why do you like Kanye West?

What do you think about his music or the person itself?

greatest artist of our generation

TCD: 8/10
LR: 8/10
Graduation: 6/10
808: 6/10
MBDTF: 7/10
Yeezus: 6/10
TLOP: 4/10
He's definitely a talented producer, but his music has aged very poorly.

Of what I have listened to;
>Late Registration: 7/10.
>MBDTF: 6/10.
>Yeezus: 4/10. (Black Skinhead and Blood On The Leaves save the album for me).
>The Life Of Pablo: 3/10.

Not much of a hip-hop fan nor one of Kanye generally, though I have given his material a fairer chance recently and the ol' 20 listens and MBDTF has grown on me somewhat, I'll certainly try the rest of his material though don't expect me to like it.

This.

>Production is top tier for a pop artist
>Lyrics are hot garbage but SUPER endearing and somehow one of the best components of his songs
>All of his albums are instant classics
>10/10 autistic and egotistical personality
>Is at the forefront of pop music and fashion whether you think it is bad or not
>Is now 40 years old and is still one of the most relevant and creative musical and visual artists in the current day

I don't mean to suck his sick but damn he is almost inspirational

Bowie of the 21st century

He's a good producer.
That's it.
If someone tells you otherwise they're a Ye' stan.

College Dropout - 8/10
Late Registration - 9/10
Graduation - 7/10
808s - 4/10
MBDTF - 8/10
Watch the Throne - 5/10
Yeezus - 5/10
TLOP - 5/10

>I don't mean to suck his dick
And yet you did it anyway....

If you ask me he created plenty of interesting music effects and also seems to know how to build a whole lot of stylistically different, varied melodies. And a lot of his tunes sound unpredictable or surprising like listening to his albums is a whole difference experience like listening to a broad hip hop opera

Late Registration => Graduation > The Life of Pablo > Yeezus > The College Dropout > MBDTF > 808s

Why? because he's the TWENNY FURST SENTRY SKITS OI, MAN

>his music has aged very poorly
All of his lead singles are timeless

>but his music has aged very poorly
college dropout/LR/MBDTF/yeezus all have replay value and aren't showing a bit of aging

CD is the only one that has aged well. Most songs in mbdtf sound dated now. 808s aged well, too.

This.

Kanye is probably the only 2000s hip-hop that hasn't aged noticeably poorly.

Examples: Spaceship, Gone, Flashing Lights

*some of

Knew I should've said that bc as I posted I already thought of two other albums that've aged great

kanye is top 5 D or A because he has 4 certified undeniable classic albums

>Most songs in mbdtf sound dated now
how do they sound dated, the beat on monster or blame game or runaway or any song sound fucking fantastic still to this ay

>grad higher than 808s
>LR higher than CD
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its for the kids bro

I'm of the school of thought that if MBDTF and Yeezus don't grow on you to be 8+/10 with a few listens he's probably not for you.

y'all got this wrong

College Dropout - 9/10
Late Registration - 7/10
Graduation - 4/10
808s - 8/10
MBDTF - 7/10
Watch the Throne - 5/10
Yeezus - 8/10
TLOP - 3/10

His music and persona is very entertaining and inspirational. Not that it's deep or anything but it really gets you going if you listen enough.

This is pretty much right. I think LR and GR are his best in particular, though.

College Dropout is his best, give it a listen -
especially considering you like Late Registration the most

Started off as an extremely talented, motivated producer who could also rap. His first three albums (CD, LR, G) are his best. MBDTF is also good but overhyped. I legitimately believe that Kanye has lost the ability to both rap and produce around 7 years ago, and not in a "this new stuff isn't my style" way, but in a "he's somehow genuinely lost his creative abilities" kind of way. Very sad

This.
I actually kind of hate I Love Kanye because I can't say "I miss the old Kanye" anymore without people thinking i'm memeing.

>The College Dropout
10/10
>Late Registration
8/10
>Graduation
5/10
>808s & Heartbreak
6/10
>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
9/10
>Yeezus
3/10