FIFA at it again

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38449674

>World Cup: Fifa's Gianni Infantino says he has support for expanded tournament

No shit small countries like Scotland and Gibraltar will have a greater chance of qualifying so of course they will support it

Breakaway of top countries from FIFA when?

Other urls found in this thread:

eloratings.net/world.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're now aware the tournament was expanded to 32 teams because of repetitive English failure to qualify.

They're desperate for China to qualify tbqh

FIFA is so corrupt and the actual game on the pitch has become so watered down why do people still watch it?

didn't they only fail to qualify in 94? Or are we talking further back than then?

I'm fucking tired of meme cup competitions? Why not organise international teams into leagues of 10 and play league seasons over the space of 2 years? Then we'd know who the best international team in the world was, and international breaks would be fun.

Just to make the point, if they started the league this month and based it off the current world rankings you'd have a Premier League of

>Argentina
>Brazil
>Germany
>Spain
>Chile
>Belgium
>France
>Uruguay
>Portugal
>Colombia

With the exception of Columbia that league is fucking amazing. Say the bottom 2 get relegated and replaced by the top 2 of the next division every 2 years...amazing.

eloratings.net/world.html
Take those world ranking instead.

the new concept is pretty good and better than the EC changes
16 groups of three teams means that every group match will be exciting

I mean it doesn't really matter what rankings you use, I assume FIFA would use FIFA rankings though..

the important thing is the actual idea not your autism

Either way, something really needs to be done about international football

The quality decreases every tournament. That last euros were so bad I feel embarrassed for being excited for them.

Don't be rude. :(

If that's what they want, all they need to do is make it so that the ground is some kind of hard surface, turn the goals into some kind of elevated horizontal circle, and remove that silly rule about not being able to touch the ball with your hands.

Makes no difference to me. I have stopped supporting anything FIFA related due to their disgraceful treatment over the Poppy wearing by England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. I shall never attend or watch another FIFA tournament as long as I live.

GSTQ

Lol grow up

I disagree. I mean I understand how frustrating international breaks must be for Italians, because UEFA makes you play absolutely irrelevant city-states, but I'm happy enough with CONMEBOL qualifiers and the low frequency of the world cup. It is what makes it so attractive and important, players only have about 3 chances in their entire careers.

>Chile
>Uruguay
>Colombia

>TOP 10

FIFA ranking a shit

ELO ranking masterrace:

Colombia is the only question mark for me

They are doing what ever they can to keep this semen slurping sport attractive.

Not making enough money as before, add more teams.

As long as they increase the number of euro teams instead of filling with African and Asian junk

>the world cup will be populated by shitty countries like
>myanmar
>malta
>chad
>equatorial guinea
>french guinea
>paupa new guinea
>england

>More international football

WHY
H
Y

It's fucking dull and gets in the way of club football

Papua*

Why its always engerlands having this kind of opinions? Is it because Pakistan never makes it to the world cup?

>Implying Pakistanis watch anything other than cricket

luckily USGAY wont qualify

learn english you stupid spic

the world cup isn't supposed to be the best countries in the world, it's supposed to be the best countries from each part of the world. big difference.

europeans already have the euros. isn't that enough?

>the world cup isn't supposed to be the best countries in the world, it's supposed to be the best countries from each part of the world.
Unlike the "World" Series.