Will Ferrell to play Sherlock Holmes, John C. Reilly as Watson in "Holmes & Watson"

deadline.com/2016/08/will-ferrell-john-c-reilly-holmes-and-watson-talladega-nights-step-brothers-etan-cohen-1201804446/

>After faring so well together in Talladega Nights and Step Brothers, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are re-teaming in another Sony Pictures comedy. They’ll star in Holmes & Watson, with Etan Cohen directing a script that is inspired by the Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes tale, but with a PG-13 comic bent similar to their past collaborations. Ferrell and Reilly have been looking for several years to find another opportunity to work together, and now they’ve got it. Ferrell will play Holmes and Reilly will play his faithful wing man, Watson

>its a Holmes and Watson shout random words at each other scene

Well why not, can't be worse than most shit we get nowadays.

Oh great can't wait

>You wanna solve crimes?

>Yes

>Did we just become detectives?

>Yes

I know most of the things these two do together are dumb, but I'll see Dr. Brule in just about anything.

Amazing how much the Holmes thing is being done to death by teevee parasites, though.

If EITHER of these two were cast as either of these roles aside any other actor, I would call this fucking shit

But both together, I'm in

IT'S ELEMENTARY, WATSON.

A LEMON TREE, HOLMES?

NO, YOU IDIOT. ELEMENTARY.

WHAT?

>Will Ferral attempting to do an English accent

christ, i hate will ferrell so fucking much. unfunniest "comedian" to walk the earth.

>Directed by Etan Cohen
>Oh boy! A Coen Brothers film!

>HOLMES DID YOU TOUCH MY DRUMKIT

>HOLMES

Are we talking about Step Brothers? That movie sucked.

He has his place

You sound underage

>in a surprise twist they do it straighter than robert downey and jude law

WATSON

THE MEATLOAF

FUCK

That's the trap that Bill Murray fell into.

Reilly actually good be quite ok, but Ferrel is an unfunny fucking joke.

JCR might have the widest range of any working actor right now. He could pull it off.

>straighter than robert downey
thats not really a challenge

>mfw Adam Scott is cast as Moriarty

HOLMES

WHY ARE YOU SO SWEATY

>amy schumer as moriarty

I would be more hyped if Adam McKay were directing, but I will take it this way too

>Adam McKay
hes probably writing another script about how much he hates wall street again

DIDJA DO IT YAH DANG MURDER? YOU KRILL THIS LITTLE OL' LADY? YOUR A BAD BOY GOIN' STRAIGHT TO JRAIL.

WHEN YOU GET RID OF THE IMPOSSIBLE... ANYTHING LEFT. I DON'T... I DON'T CARE. SO WHAT?

HA HA GOT YAH

jej

God I hope

Why? I want a 3rd film with Downey Jr and Jude Law.

Don't fucking make this!

World class thread

>mfw they killed Rachel McAdams within the first 10 minutes

>Etan Cohen
Aaaaaaaand dropped.

And replaced her with Normie Rapeface.

Which is a good thing. McAdams was fucking horrible in the first film.

I JUST LOVE SOLVING CRIMES... SOLVING CRIMES IS MY FAVOURITE!

>Will Ferrell movie
Well, not a great sign, but he's had a few gems.
>writer of Tropic Thunder
...well, I mean, there's still a chance that
>produced by fucking Sony Pictures

oh god, please don't let this be one of those performance art things like casa de mi padre and that fucking lifetime movie he and Kristin wiig did completely straight. cancer doesn't even begin to describe that fuckness

Tropic Thunder was better than any Will Ferrell movie you fucking cuck.

WHEN YOU BRING... MURDER... WHEN YOU BRING CRIME INTO OUR HOUSE... YOU GON, YOU GON GET A VISIT FROM A HURRICANE

>A STORM!

AND IT IS GONNA GET WET...

>W.E.T. BABY

AND YOU BEST BRING A BIG UMBRELLA

>BETTER BRING TWO...

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!

[wolf reference]

Tropic Thunder is the best comedy of this century senpai

you're one of those people that doesn't "get" comedy aren't you?

Not saying you're wrong, but Tropic Thunder was garbage.

nah when theyre together you know what youre getting

this is their kids 2nd holiday home money

He also wrote and directed this.

Oops.

this actually makes sense. Honestly, I'd be very excited to something like this. John C. Reilly seems as if he could really set the bar on the Watson character.

What the fuck are they thinking... Will Ferrell's comedy style is well past its expiration date... he's just as irreverent as Adam Sandler now

Farrel can't act.

Holmes and Watson we go together like crumpets and opium.

His writing history is pretty stellar, can't say I thought much of Get Hard though. Then again I did watch it on a plane.

I WAS A CHASING A DWARF

I KNOW YOUR LYING COS CHASING A DWARF ISN'T TILL THE SIGN OF FOUR

I think I figured out Sony's master plan.

They're racing against the clock trying to destroy hollywood's credibitlity BEFORE they go out of business, so that they can blame their failures on the film industry as a whole and not their own recent pants-on-head retardedness.

>Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly
>Sony Pictures
>le funny Sherlock Holmes

Literally nothing redeeming.

I would die laughing if they switched roles every other scene like that mitchell and Webb episode

I "get" comedy from the 80s and 90s. This comedy is not that funny. I went back to comedies that I watched in the past, and they still hold up today.

kek

ENOUGH ABOUT THE SHERLOCK HOLMES!

Bill Murray wanted some of that sweet Garfield money and made up that story just to get you self-proclaimed "patricians" off his back.

Elementary is the best modern adaption of Sherlock Holmes.

>all these faggots ripping on Based C. Reilly

Not him but his jokes and delivery completely lack any and all subtlety. The only time he is funny is when he plays a minor role.

>comedy is objective

you are underage

shut up and fuck off

I don't mind him but I can't deny his best roles are cameos

>MA!
>THE MEATLOAF
>FUCK!

I'm underage because I don't like what you like? Or because I can give some reasoning behind my opinions? Makes sense.

Him lacking subtlety IS objective. Him being funny is subjective, spergfriend.

fuck off kid

>the writers of Tropic Thunder also both did Zoolander 2
Eh, well for me Will Ferrel is hit and miss, I liked that movie where he is a book character, Talladega night too, will see.

I remember his bit in Zombieland
>Do you have any regrets?
>Garfield, maybe.

why would he think Garfield was written by the coens? thats just silly

HEY GUYS IT'S ME DOCTOR JOHN WATSON WITH ANOTHER EPISODE OF WATSON'S AXIOMS

IF YOU LET YOUR WIFE SEE YOU BEGGIN' FOR MONEY, YOU GOTTA COME CLEAN. DON'T GO PRETENDING YOU'RE DEAD YA DINGUS.

IT'S ELEMENTARY DUMDUM, FOR YOUR HEALTH.

This has potential, but

>PG-13

Directed by the Watchowski Sisters

You mean this?

They're making one already

assrape humor! hilarious! all part of going to prison right?

>PG-13
Bye

but user I'm sure they will release an extended "extreme" edition with a buttcrack and some some fucks thrown in

Talledega Knights and Step Brothers are the only funny movies Will Ferrell has ever been in, so there's some hope for this one.

Anchorman was funny. Mostly because of Steve Carrel, but it was still funny.

>irreverent
Thanks for the opinion my oriental friend.
>Farrel
He was pretty good in In Bruges, I thought.
Cringe. >>>r/lewronggeneration
I've seen this SJW retard argument before just not on Sup Forums. I think you're in the wrong place.

>Oh! Look Watson, it's cocaine!
>What's cocaine, Dr. Holmes?
>Why I don't know, let's snort it!
>Snort a powder? I don't know Dr. Holmes, I don't want to get a hangover
>Listen, this cocaine came on a mahogany across the ocean from New Spain to get here, we're going to snort this stuff or else the righteous burden of the white man bringing civilization to the savages of the New World will have been for nothing!
>Well, it is a persuasive argument...
Victorian cocaine party with modern jokes and overtones ensues
>WATSON I THINK I'M GOING FAST!
>I'M GOING TO GET IN THE SPIRIT DOCTOR HOLMES I AM GOING TO PLAY SOME DRUMS LIKE ONE OF THE SAVAGES THAT REFINES THIS SHIT
>I HOPE THIS DOESN'T TURN OUT TO BE TERRIBLY ADDICTIVE AND PROP UP TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENTS IN THE COMING CENTURY!
>YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE GREAT WATSON IF YOU PUT THIS IN SOME SYRUP AND A CARBONATED WATER AND DRANK IT OUT OF AN ICONIC CONTAINER AND MAYBE PUT POLAR BEARS IN THE ADS I AM HIGH AS FUCK ON COCAINE
>LET'S CONTINUE MAKING ALLUSIONS TO OUR FORMER WORK AS ACTORS
>LET'S SHOUT OUT THE OTHER ADAPTATIONS OF SHERLOCK HOLMES
>DID WE JUST BECOME BOX OFFICE HITS?
>YUP!
As written by Sup Forums

Movie of the year