Why does everybody rate Scholes now, when literally no one gave a shit about him when he was actually playing?

Why does everybody rate Scholes now, when literally no one gave a shit about him when he was actually playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nU1zLYsaPJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=WHVAHFwPCEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who?

who?

it's just a meme

>le quotes man

It's about appreciation. He didn't get as much praise as others when he played because his best never quite reach the lofty heights a few players reached for one or two years, but his consistency was unrivaled. Some other more popular players had careers that looked like stock at Chipotle with wild highs and wild lows, his was like McDonald's stock, always pretty high but not massive, rarely dipping noticeably.

>100 billion pesos for the tan Paul Scholes

member le made up quotes man

It's a combination of people looking back in time with rose tinted glasses for the nostalgia and journalists and fans trying too hard to be contrarian and not conform to the widely held belief that he was a class below Gerrard and Lampard.

Fake quotes and circlejerking on growing social media websites

u havin a giggle? He was extremely highly rated all through his career

Man United being fucking shit without him may have something to do with it. SAF was such a Scholes baby its sad.

>For me, it's the McChicken of Manchester United.

>the widely held belief that he was a class below Gerrard and Lampard.

By which you mean he was absolute dog shit rather than just average shit. Slippyman and English Penaldo are so over-rated it's not funny.

>Tfw this will be Carrick after he retires

people started rating le midfield brain lampard is too far up the pitch and gerrard is a meme

I blame Xavi, Barcelona went on with their fake praise they do to opponents before raping them in CL finals

@73313267(You)
>Off the pitch he disappears
Every fucking time

Let me ask you: what kind of man takes a penalty like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=nU1zLYsaPJ4

>13 yr old rodent bong detected

He played in a stack team in a weak era

Because sky sports™ says too

nah he works for bt and god forbid sky even acknowledge something they don't own the rights to

>people unironically dont rate scholes
lel

as soon as he left united, the club collapsed. fergie couldn't survive without him

easily the best midfielder of that generation. anyone who tells you otherwise is just a troll

I had a friend from the Netherlands. He told us to call him Skip because he moved here to the US, and he saw a guy on Cops named Skip. So his name was Skip. We called him Skip

He hated Paul Scholes

I keep telling you, it's because fucking manure bandwagoners are everywhere. I'm not even kidding when I say they make up more than half of all fans on any English forum. their propaganda knows no bounds. they can create le fake quotes man because there's enough people passively interested in glorifying an average midfielder to keep the meme going

this is literally the entire reason penaldo is still rated in this day and age

>le fake quotes man

Nope. Scholes is actually highly ranked by most people whom know about The Beautiful Game.

For me? It's the McChicken.

>by most people whom know

for fuck's sake

what is thoumst's problem?

who?

whom*?

you now remember that time Fergie chose a midfield of Cleverley and Anderson, realised it was shit, and begged Scholes to come back out of retirement

>when literally no one gave a shit about him when he was actually playing?
what is this, more mandela effect horseshit?

lots of shits were given back in the -stein timeline. you -stain freaks are fucked.

what the fuck are you going on about crackpot

wake up leafle

it's a meme

retards kept saying he was better than lampard, and gerrard

People realised the golden generation failed because Scholes was played out of position then he retired early

>le never got carded for leg breakers, because 'Teehee poor Scholesy, he doesn't know how to tackle' man

he's arguably one of united's worst ever players. Can't tackle and is ginger
Total meme

Lack of a decent PR.

Same reason nobody cared about Pirlo until he grew a beard

He is a walking meme

>you now remember utd fans claiming Fletcher being suspended was why Barca beat them in the CL final

He's ginger and isn't hung(far from it), so he's instantly shit.
Oh, and about football, couldn't tackle for shit, but could play to compensate it, i guess.

>isn't hung
That's a requirement for being great now? How the hell do you even know that

we all know what you're really asking, canadia

typical burger always thinking of his next meal

He played FIVE (5) games out of 66 caps at LM and everyone acts like his who int. career was wasted there.

how do 3rd worlders, burgers and leaves have any idea how these players performed back then? surely none of you had the games on tv???

there's a rare pic of him slipping with his tiny ginger cock coming out the shorts

>Leaf hasn't seen it yet
How many layers of newfaggotry are you on?

rose-tinted glasses, people who never actually watched him play jumping on the bandwagon and suddenly he was world class for 20 years. he was good don't get me wrong, but he could only play one role in a side due to his horrific tackling and lack of work-rate. he was very good at what he did, but there have been and will be better players at the role he played

>lack of work-rate
that's just pure nonsense

it's not that small and you really can't tell these things about a soft penis

inb4 comments related to my flag

he didn't have the athleticism to get up and down the pitch like gerrard and similar types of players did, he had to sit deeper because he physically couldn't do it for whatever reason, you clearly didn't watch him play if you think his work rate was amazing

>mfw he made the stupid foul that led to Ronaldinho's FK goal

:^)

>literally no one gave a shit about him when he was actually playing?
not true

bull fucking shit. he did just that for majority of his career. he only moved deeper late in his career

you're just simply wrong. there's not even a discussion to be had.

it's good that you tried to bluff your way through it though

A poor man's rooney.

What is a world cup mvp

Forlan has one
Does Sup Forums rate him?
Does anyone care about him today?

Forlan has one of what?
I wasn't talking about the Adidas Golden Ball (I even had to look how it is call)

Oh, sorry, my b
Thought that's what you meant by world cup mvp

GOAT

>A new study just released from Public Health England concludes that 4 out of 5 Brits between the ages of 40 - 60 are fat, lazy and/or alcoholics

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=WHVAHFwPCEQ

So, 1 out of 5 are fat and lazy then?

>getting baited this easily

I dont rate scholes

Literally called him out of retirement because they were doing so bad.

That was right after he sold Pogba, right? XD

what the fuck is this

The GOAT midfield partnership

The greatest thing ever.