Contender or pretender?

Contender or pretender?

Nobody is beating Patriots in the afc

second tier after nwe and dal. only clear pretenders are miami and houston.

its gonna be them or new england in the super bowl, anything else would be surprising

Clear #2 behind Patriots. Certainly not a favorite to go to Gillette and beat them, but still a contender.

AFC is too weak to beat the Patriots. Cowboys could beat them though

houston isn't really a pretender, everyone knows they're shit and only got in because muh AFC south

Nobody is beating the giants in the NFC either.

u r so dumb bradey cant beat the cheifs without gronk.

I am worried about this. the raiders would kill them, but now the only hope is the steelers or the queefs

>stoolers unironically lost to miami
>Miami are pretenders but stoolers aren't

are all yinzers functionally retarded?

>believing in an Andy reid team

bradey cant beat the cheifs defense!

who can stop tyrek hill on patriots? exactly

Yes

Yes

Logicfag

I bet you also think the eagles are better than the steelers. If you haven't figured it out yet the steelers have a habit of losing to shitty teams on the road like they were overconfident or something. You'll see in 2 weeks. Now that is playoff time they're fine. Miami is going to get stomped hard. This has been one of the main criticisms of tomlin. Its like they dont give a shit if they lose to the jags or whoever.

Contender. They have to beat Miami and Oakland both with ded qbs and then they're in the pats house where anything can happen if you have ben, bell, and brown. They were also just a few seconds from beating the best team in the league (dallas) by leaving the cowboys with too much time. Id say only NE and Pittsburgh could go to the owl out of the afc. No one else.

pretender. let's be honest, tomlin has a habit of underestimating teams and very well could just fuck it up against the dolphins thinking he has it in the bag. also brady is too unstoppable and they will be in the championship to ruin everyone else's hopes.

He's very much invested in beating Miami already.

Steelers don't have the defense.

Chiefs are the only somewhat threat to the Pats

so miami is literally worse than the bungles since they got BTFO by them?

stop being a dumb fuck

they will get memed on and ben will die on the field

Depends on how healthy they stay up until they have to play the Patriots. First, let's assume they'll cruise past the Dolphins and Raiders. If they still have Ben, Bell, Brown, and at least 4/5th's of their starting O-line for the AFCCG, they should be able to put up points against the Pat's defense. Enough to hang with Brady? Maybe. They were hanging in with them earlier this year with Landry Jones in there, up until Gronk broke it open. Pats are missing Gronk now, though. Steelers can now leave Timmons to shadow Blount, limiting the damage he did in their first matchup. Brady will still put up points, of course, but I wouldn't count out the three B's matching him and the Steelers finally overcoming the hurdle of beating Brady in the playoffs.

>Steelers don't have the defense.

Fun facts. Steelers defense is ranked 9th in both yards allowed and points allowed. Steelers offense is ranked 7th in total yards and 12th in total points. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

> where anything can happen if you have ben, bell, and brown

It's January in Foxborough and that defense isn't going to stop the wrath of Brady with a healthy oline

>bradey cant beat the cheifs defense!
Andy Reid can't beat clock management.

The fuck is a yinzer?

Pittsburgh is by far the scariest team in the playoffs. They could beat anybody on any day. They could also lose in the same way

If Gronk was healthy there'd be no fucking chance for anyone to win in NE, that's probably the craziest thing about the AFC playoffs this year

Steelers could beat pats with a bolstered D and getting Tuitt and Green off of injuries.

do you think chiefs or steelers have the best chance of beating the pats in foxboro?

SB contender? I mean, I guess in a way because there are no really good NFL teams at this point, but Christ, they were lucky to beat a terrible Ravens team to even make it to the playoffs.

All measurements of talent for both teams go out the window when the Steelers play the Ravens. This is firmly established.

>Beat arguably one of the most heated division rivals you have in order to 100% take the North and not be a wildcard
>Barely beat a 'terrible' team which was in the wildcard race and can still have a winning record
>Winning like 8 games straight with a banged-up roster and a ton of players either suspended or injured

Git out

Except that if that if the Ravens win that game, they win the damn division and would have been the "better" team despite still being awful. The Steelers suck too. Just hard to see them winning the Bowl, but I look at all the other teams, and it's such a weak year.

Steelers could have still won the division in week 17 even if they lost to the Ravens, which they didn't. Sounds like you're nervously (and unconvincingly) downplaying teams you don't like for arbitrary reasons.

They wouldn't have even been a wild card, they would have been out, and the Ravens were wrecked by every single decent quarterback they faced this season.

>Steelers could have still won the division in week 17
Only if the Ravens lose to the Bengals, which come on, that wouldn't have happened this year with this Bengals team.

Bengals have a habit of beating the Ravens the past few years, especially at home. AFC North matchups almost always come down to the wire (excluding the Browns), so the fact that one team doesn't blow out the other means nothing.

The Bengals were actually decent the past few years. That's not close to the case this season. Also, Steelers lost at home to both the Patriots and Cowboys, and were a shitty road team. They're not winning an Owl.

It should go without saying, but the better team on paper doesn't always win. Thankfully for the Steelers, that doesn't matter now. Also, Steelers could potentially have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I don't know what else to tell you. You say the Steelers suck, yet they statistically have a top 10 offense and defense. Only 2 other teams can make that claim (Patriots and Cardinals). They just won 6 in a row for the first time in Tomlin's tenure as head coach and have the luxury of resting starters in the final week against a division rival. You say the NFL as a whole is having a weak year, yet literally over half of the league's starting QB's suffered major injuries last season, including the Super Bowl winner, not to mention this year's rookie class as a whole has been phenomenal compared to most years. You really aren't making any convincing points.

Yeah but he still does what he does. I'm a ravens fan so I'm pretty butthurt about the last game still but I can't help thinking he'll find a way to blow it