>this was a team at one point
>they never won a championship
KEK

Other urls found in this thread:

grantland.com/features/simmons-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-championship/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Their 30 for 30 is going to be awesome

grantland.com/features/simmons-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-championship/

Sam Presti is unironically one of the worst NBA GMs ever.
He struck gold in the draft so many times, even losing 3 all-star talents hasn't raised any concerns even though any other manager would be fired for such incompetence

If OKC kept it together and paid Harden instead of bench scrubs, they would have.

>spot the OKChoke fan

What if I told you, that a perfect storm doesn't always end the drought?
Espn films presents All Thunder, No Reign, a 30 for 30 production

>rating Harden
>rating Ibaka

They were literally a team for a season and they went to the finals. OKC jewed out on Harden, so they deserve not winning shit.

That's fucking beautiful

excellent.

10/10 actually a great title

>I rate ibaka

Damn son.

> "Either KD sticks around like Duncan stuck around in San Antonio, or he’s a greater actor than Daniel Day-Lewis. I’m betting on the former. You can’t fake that stuff. You just can’t."

fucking hell simmons

Very well done.

Was just about to quote this.
kek

Sublime.

>3 ball dominant chuckers
There's a reason they got btfo by the Heat and let Harden walk. They weren't going to win shit with this team, they couldn't even get Westbrook and Durant enough touches when it was just the two of them. Had they kept Harden they would have imploded and performed even worse.

Plus they got Steven Adams out of the trade, who ended up being way more valuable to the Thunder than Harden was.

The blame lies with Durant and Durant alone, he chucked and choked away game 6 of the WCF against the Warriors. Had they won that game, OKC's bigs would have feasted on the Cavs and the Thunder would have won the Finals in 6. Then he left the team and took away their contender status, which once again had he not done that, they would be Finals bound again.

If you want proof that this team wouldn't work, look at how much Steph Curry and Klay Thompson have regressed this season with Durant on their team. They're both having their worst season since becoming superstars and they've already started relying on Durant to carry them. It's going to end just as badly as this OKC team did.

The Thunder fucked up so hard that I almost feel bad for Sonics fans.

It's his fault the NBA and PA kept fucking them over with the retarded new CBA rules, Patrick Beverley tackled Westbrook's knees tearing his MCL for no reason, and Kevin Durant broke his foot?

Presti did a great job despite the crazy amount of misfortune.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

No one here does. Keep repeating the same rumors spammed on Sup Forums over and over without actually reading articles about this shit.

top jej

>this was a team at one point

wew

He's a prophet

Presti technically could keep all 4 of them and technically could. The thing is, it would have put the Thunder way above the luxury tax which the owner did not want to pay.
When the owner realized he would be forced to pay big money anyway because of the cap spike, he allowed Presti to spend more but Harden was already gone.
Presti is an elite GM, he just was not allowed by his hierarchy to keep the team he had built.

>choklahomo will never win a ring

Am I the only one who knew before the season that this is going to end in a catastrophe?

>two feuding niggers
>two grandpas
>no bench

It's a fucking literal miracle they even beat the Spurs, all things considered.

2012 Lakers and 2016 Warriors have a very similar feel to that team too.

That is fucking perfect user.

Karl Malone is the most shameless ring chaser of all time and deserved what he got.

Genuinely impressive work, user

>who is David West

David West wasn't the star of his team for 18 seasons.

Did you just compare the present day Warriors to the 2012 Lakers? Are you fucking well?

The only difference between these Warriors and the 2012 Lakers is that it hasn't fallen apart yet.

Yeah easily. Their best player is a chucker and they just gutted the bench and got rid of quality role players in order to sign a memelord superstar who is mostly known for choking and quitting on his old team. People are also expecting them to set records left and right while they're not even better than they were last year.

They obviously won't struggle to make the playoffs like the Lelkers did but it's a pretty safe bet they won't win the ship either.

The 2012 Lakers were the biggest shit-show soap opera I remember watching in basketball. The Warriors went to 2 finals, won 1 of them, and broke Bull's regular season record. How the fuck you can even compare them is baffling. Did you even watch that Laker team? They were basically a lottery team.

2012 lakers: 15-21
2016 Warriors: 28-5

>counting the pre-Durant Warriors' achievements
>forgetting that the Lakers won two championships shortly before they traded for Howard

If the Warriors were struggling or the players were feuding literally everyone would be comparing them to the 2012 Lakers.

this is what i'm expecting. This Warriors team will implode in the WCF against the Spurs (which is what I"m putting my money on, I think Pop has a master plan for them) or the Cavs in a possible sweep.

Spurs will win this year against the cavs for the championship. They will tear them a part.

include me in the screencap

Then let's count 2 seasons before the big offseasons for each.

2010-2011 : 57-25
2011-2012 : 42-25

Both times lost in second round.

Btw we're been incorrectly calling the 2013 Lakers the 2012 Lakers. 2013 is the one with Dwight and Nash.

So yeah. Do those 2 seasons look ANYTHING like the last 2 years for the Warriors? Kindly sod off.

They weren't as good back then though compared to now.

Make that team again now they stomp the league.

>Thinks Cavs will sweep Warriors
>Thinking the Spurs can beat Warriors

Lol Warriors hate has made people fucking retarded.

>muh 4d chess
Pop literally got exposed by the Clippers and Thunder

That team would be better than Golden State tbqh

>Thinking the Spurs can beat Warriors

This is less stupid than you think. I'm not saying it's likely, but they have the personnel to make it work.

You deserve every dotted line user

You made 30 for 30 great again user

Team is barely over 30 games in the league and still the #1 seed.

Lebron and the Heat synergy were nowhere near that level this early on. Team will easily beat any team in the Western Conference in a bo7 come playoff time, assuming no injuries.

Cavs game can go either way though. They are a superteam that people pretend are underdogs against the Warriors.

The cavs bench is way worse than golden state's. I'm not quite sure how LeBron has them winning games

Also true. In order for Cavs to comeback 3-1 last year they needed:

Warriors players to be missing through injuries/suspensions

Warriors play to have bad games

Lebron and Kyrie to play perfectly (both dropping 40s)

They needed a lot to go their way just to keep the games close. Still, Cavs are easily the team that has the best chance to beat the Warriors. Hell probably even favored.

I'd like to point out K Love is having his best season as a cav this year by far and he was close to a non-factor in last year's title, except for guarding curry on last possession. If they get the K Love they signed from 'Sota, it will be very close.

They signed Dwight and Nash in 2012 bruh. 2013 is when Howard left.

You're forgetting that the Warriors set a regular season record a year before Durant and the Heat were literal whos a year before Lebron - fucking 47 win team.

>if you play bad and your opponent plays good, you lose
What an excellent analysis, really made me think

I'm referring to the year of the team. It's 2012-2013 Lakers. Playoffs and 2 thirds of season took place in 2013 so it's the 2013 Lakers for short

Pretty sure seasons are named based on the year they start in.

So the commonly referenced '96 Bulls are now the '95 Bulls by your logic

>literal miracle

>literally got exposed

>Ibaker was never even that good, he only had ONE great season, which was 5 fucking years ago
>Harden was also never that good when it mattered the most
>Westbrook is simply not that good, period
>Durant is a historical choker, not that good

Why is this team dickrode, again?

Yeah a literal miracle, like Derek Fisher scoring a go ahead jumper with 0.4 seconds left.

>literally everyone

go away

>literally
>not literally being true
>informal
>aka retarded

Language is malleable, more news at 7.

>more news at 7

>retards use word incorrectly
>do it enough times that definitions are changed to make them retroactively correct

I can't wait for the rise of the grammar nazi Hitler to expunge the impure

that's the beauty of english. and language in general. dont stress daddio

They only really failed one year and they were really young and Lebron was in his prime.

2009: Way too young to do anything impressive.

2010: Still too young, made a little noise in the playoffs

2011: Strong run but it's not their fault for not winning, still better teams out there

2012: Lebron was in his prime and they still put up a decent fight, no shame in this loss really. They were only 22, Lebron got swept when he was 22 against a worse team.

2013: This is when things got fucked up, Westbrook goes down with a freak injury and Kd and the rest can't carry. Had Beverly not been a fucking prick we're talking an nba title. So thats one chance lost by a freak accident. Harden also traded.

2014: Westbrook is rusty in the playoffs, then Ibaka goes down in the playoffs. Again probably another finals run lost

2015: Jesus christ one of the worst injury years ever. Every player on this team besides Dj Augustin and Lance Thomas missed atleast one game. Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka and Kd all Missed significant time and Westbrook still almost managed to carry them to the playoffs. They actually showed a ton of heart and the fact that they even won 30 games let alone 45 is incredible. Westbrook was mvp that year for sure, and this was probably another finals run down the drain as Golden State would of lost to any real competition.

2016: This was legitmately the only real run they've ever gotten healthy and unfortuanly they run into two top 10 teams of all time. and Probably the best Offensive and Defensive teams of all time in Golden State, and San Antonio. A pretty incredible run despite blowing a 3-1 lead. Kd leaving was a mistake imo, with Dipo and Sabonis along with the emergence of Steven Adams this team had a real shot at going to the finals this year.

It's kind of a tragedy looking back. Most people will say they choked but in reality it was a mix of bad management and terrible injury luck. I think the 2016 squad was one of the best teams ever.

That's how words evolve though. The word bourgeoise originally meant "city dweller" before Marx and the word pagan meant "villager" before Christianity.

>using the word in the definition of that same word

so is it using words for emphasis while not being correct or using words for emphasis while not using words for emphasis, because that is a literal contradiction.

They got wasted under a shitty coach. Scott Brooks is unironically the worst coach in NBA history.

you're a literal pussy

he's not THE worst, he's just below average.

I think he also did a pretty good job of managing egos even if he was bad at Xs and Os.

>words evolve to have completely different meanings
>'literally' has evolved to mean 'not literally'
>word has become pointless because of it
>still overuse it anyway

le beauty of language guyz :^)

It's not beauty, it's just how it works. Words aren't some objective batural phenomena anyway, they only exist as long as people use them.

>It's not beauty
>that's the beauty of english. and language in general.

Durant will never get a ring. He's got no balls.

It means both you fucking idiot. Words mean whatever society decides they mean. Go fuck a kangaroo.

>two different people have a different opinion
Shocking right

it literally doesn't

Brooks was great at developing talent, but he was a goddamn awful strategist. Brooks could not adjust to a game not going to plan to save his life. There was an almost slavish devotion to the same lineups and minute allotments, there were never any situational changes made on the fly if a game was getting out of hand or slipping away, barring injury or extreme foul trouble you could almost always pinpoint when Durant and Westbrook would get a breather to within about a 15 second window, and the offense never really evolved beyond "try to get Durant a shot or wait for Westbrook to throw it up if that fails, maybe feed Ibaka if he's wide open" hero ball even with a roster that was almost perfect for running the triangle.

WEOW nice meme

He was the reason Heat BTFO Thunder in the finals. He kept playing Perkins against Heat's small ball line up for some reason and got BTFO in the process.

He also refused to start Harden over Sefolosha. Harden was a good 6th man but he's too good to be a 6th man, shit doesn't make sense.

It's honestly astonishing that he still works in NBA. He couldn't coach a second division team in Europe, I'm not even memeing

Only had 4 members

of course they didn't win

HORY SHIET

>He also refused to start Harden over Sefolosha. Harden was a good 6th man but he's too good to be a 6th man, shit doesn't make sense.

it makes perfect sense, they had Durant and Westbrook and the bench needed a scorer. Harden always finished games and got starters minutes so it was always a non-factor.

Pop did the same thing for years starting defense-first guards and bringing Manu off the bench, who is going to go into the hall of fame despite always being a sixth man.

Good post. Yeah injuries fucked them up but also the management was cheap af and thought they could continue their success with other revolving pieces. Its fucking crazy looking back that the top 3 MVP players right now were all teammates at one point

This. You cannot win a championship with James Harden.

>sir chewbacca

If you try your hardest you are a winner in my book

Serendipitous