Why are humans the only species with such a high level of intelligence?

Why are humans the only species with such a high level of intelligence?

Why don't other species, chimpanzees which are the closest relatives to humans, have brains that allow them to communicate via human languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtZQ2H-IIx0
youtube.com/watch?v=vk_awal5RPY
youtube.com/watch?v=vI22bIHKXiI
youtube.com/watch?v=wJgR7nAc2Jg
youtu.be/SNuZ4OE6vCk?t=120
youtube.com/watch?v=8oh1uhrdc6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just a matter of chance user, we got here first.

If we never happened, it would have happened eventually with another species, given enough time

I would think it has something to do with our brains, if I remember correctly our brain is denser than a chimpanzees.
Also I would think it has something to do with agriculture.
More food equals more free time.
More free time equals more free thought.
More free thought equals innovations.

Because of the zionist jews

Do you think that given enough time the chimpanzees that we have now would eventually evolve into homo sapiens/neanderthals?

Would us humans even allow that?

I could not say.
On the one hand you have racists, I can only imagine how splitting a new sentience would be.
On the other hand you have the scientific community, I feel that is self explained.

no, competition is too great, life is too hard for the chimps to catch up
it would take millions of years anyway

> What is a dolphin?

OP, seriously do a little digging on what dolphins' intelligence levels are.
They're basically humans of the sea.
They're intelligent, playful, have sex for fun, and badass.
When I say badass, I mean even sharks are afraid of them. Look it up.

It is thought that many of our early ancestors had some form of language. There is unfortunately no way to know for sure as all of our early ancestors have died out.

Dolphins

Yeah but dolphins live in the sea, so wouldn't be able to interact with them on the same level that we'd be able to with chimpanzees if they had the same level of intelligence as dolphins.

The opposable thumb.

Do some research on it and all your questions will be answered if you can put the pieces together.

They're all extinct. The homo sapiens is the top of the evolution so far and replaced all the other hominid species.

As a messianic Jew, I can confirm this,

I forgot to mention communication.
The USN and other organizations have already started a way to develop a way to communicate and decipher with dolphins.
In fact, the Navy has already "weaponized" dolphins.

I have no idea why niggers can't communicate with language

when did the first human language appear?

youtube.com/watch?v=BtZQ2H-IIx0

youtube.com/watch?v=vk_awal5RPY

youtube.com/watch?v=vI22bIHKXiI

only animals using self-made tools

Just because we cannot directly communicate with them does not make them not intelligent. We can only communicate directly with other humans

TFW HUMAN

The coolest chimps on the block. THese motherfuckers gott a frontal cortex like no one else and I tell you bitch the competition is wicked inept. Maybe dolphins got something on us but they lack the apposable thumbs all they can do is go around clicking and fooling fishes with their hypersonic abilities. But motherfucker we have tools, we have smarts, we have highly adaptable vocal chords and the propensity touse them as we see fit. We can communicate, clearly, with anybody else. Dolphin bitches can just call eachother from affar. express maybe that there are fishes over there or bitches over here, but compared to us DOLPHINS AIN'T SHIT.

and boy, other primates are straight bitches. We can sort of teach them to use sign language but if you believe for a second that wasn't all scripted heart-string-grabbing baloney than you got another thing coming and maybe you SHOULD COUNT YOUR CHROMOSOMES because perhaps you aren't human.

The most warlike of all the protohumans, Homo Sapien, was also the smartest. Homo Sapien spread out to other human territories. Those that did not interbreed with Homo Sapiens just fell to extinction at the hands of Homo Sapien. If chimps became more human, modern humans would destroy them. That's human nature. That's why people in power will not acknowledge the higher levels of intellect in other animals. Whale-kind would be human level or higher in technology if they had the biology that would let them, but alas they merely became perfectly adapted for ocean life.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJgR7nAc2Jg

Because the other intelligent species couldn't hang with us. Climate change may have killed the neanderthals, for example, or we may have wiped them out ourselves. I've read of one other intelligent species that was on Earth at the same time homo sapiens has been.

Pretty funky, when you think about it. I wonder what that must have been like. Clan of the Cave Bear, 13th Warrior / Eaters of the Dead, or something completely different?

Homo Sapiens were a mistake

It has to do with the size and density of the brain. Opposable thumbs also help. From there, you get things like agriculture, fire, weapons, tools, etc. One interesting thing I read about, was how "bonfires" could have helped to create language in primitve humans. As they gathered together for warmth, it became a great opportunity to try and interact with each other, thus developing a more intricate language. Also magnets, once we found out about magnets, human civilation went over 9000 real fucken fast.

This thread got me thinking, what if some current humans AREN'T exactly Homo Sapiens, and the people who know this are keeping it hidden to prevent a further divide between us?

I'm talking about African tribes that haven't quite caught up like the rest of humanity has. Before you go on to say stuff like "agriculture, resources, etc.", why do they still act like such savages? Something you'd expect from stone age humans.

And what about those guys from that tiny island that nobody wants to invade? They got their own shit going on there and are full on tribal.

get the fuck out of here with your bullshit

I will guarantee that dolphins and whales have language. And once we can prove it, it'll be ridiculous

Well, its probably got to do with their culture and religions. Hell, look at the fucken radical islamists. Fucken savages chopping off heads of "infidels" because of their stupid religious beliefs. Or the christians during their dumbass witch hunts where anything scientific was done, they would hang their shit and set them on fire.

A language is something used to communicate with another being. They obviously communicate with each other, so its safe to assume they have their own language.

Your so stupid, you acutally belive this bullshit. Thats the problem

They didn't learn to overcome fear of fire, and hence didn't learn to eat cooked food. That was our tipping point, cooked food equals the time that went to digestion instead went to brain growth, whch provided the huge push towards human level int.

Fyr, some great apes like orangutans and gorillas can do sign language (can even lie, a marker of creative intelligence), and whale songs do have structure and nuance, much like human language.

Do you guys think dogs, cats, etc. are able to communicate with each other as well as humans are able to through language?

It all sounds the same though. I wonder what a dog or a cat would be hearing if we barked or purred at them.

>died out

Yeah,no. We killed them,all,and ate them. This is the answer to op's question.

Obligatory call for sauce

Its also thought that sea food played a big part in that transition

that's a male, user

Nobody can say this for sure.

Right, more omega3 oils led to devt brain function

Dammit, then yeah that's a mistake

Neandertaler and one other species habe fucked together. We have a bit of both genes.

tl;dr version
we are very social animals, we travel in packs like chimps and gorillas (probably up to 200-300 individuals for large groups)

in complex social systems bigger brains are useful because you can climb the social hierarchy, lie, steal and cuck (like literal cucking) and get away with it if you are smarter than everyone else. that means there was selection pressure for bigger brains. eventually we somehow created a way to abstract and created an actual language, from their we used language to do all sorts of crazy shit, we could coordinate better (transition from scavenging to hunting), we could pass on information better (making each generation smarter than the previous one) and we could lie, cheat, steal and cuck better making the selection pressure for bigger better brains even greater.

agricultural revolution happened 10k years ago, we were anatomically modern 100-200k years ago
50k years ago

50k would be the first instance evidence can be found of this. There is no real reason why couldnt have happend earlier

First language written or spoken?

thats not what language is, a language has a grammar meaning where words are in relation to each other affects the meaning of the words.

If chimpanzees have a call for a "lion" and "run" it doesnt matter if they say "lion run" or "run lion" both mean the same thing. In a language "lion run" might mean a lion is running and "run lion" might mean we should run away there is a lion. The animals that learned sign language only learned vocabulary, they never learned how to use grammar/syntax.

First written, evidence of spoken language is unfortunately impossible to gather

i thought the first written language was the ancient egyptian?

Human neocortex is the most densely fiber packed in all the animal kingdom by a long shot. We just have better brains

true, 50k is our best guess but its entirely possible it was earlier but we have no evidence for that
spoken

written was more like 8k? hard to say for sure because they probably wrote stuff down in ways that werent preserved for a long time

the epic of gilgamesh is our oldest surviving written story and its ~4k years old

Sumarian would be the first that there is a lot of evidence being used civilization. The forms of language from earlier are considered proto writing meaning that they are undeciphered and lack abundant sources for any chance of understanding them

Well, human languages are built for the human brain. Other animals can't process it like we can.

Not to mention superior hardware.

Chimpanzees have been taught to communicate via sign language , a human language , or do you specifically mean having the ability to verbally communicate ?

From memory I believe they said the chimp can be as intelligent as a 5 year old human child.

see
>chimps never learned syntax

What you are asking there is already too much for most to animals to handle. Its at a level of language too complex for most animals, including blacks, to handle. You would have to dumb it down and simplify it much easier. Let me see if I can find a solid example. Unless this thread gets pruned or I logout and go to sleep of course

youtu.be/SNuZ4OE6vCk?t=120

Human language being used by an animal.

ok

chimp language (no syntax)

dog eat food = a dog eats food
food eat dog = a dog eats food

both mean the same thing

human language (with syntax)

dog eat food = a dog eats food
food eat dog = food eats a dog

the meaning changes based on which word comes first

So is the argument that a lack of syntax is not a "Human language" what about primitive peoples and retards/children.

Google is your friend

Other apes jaw muscles prevent their cranium from growing too large.
Ours continues to grow until age 7~ and a sagittal crest never forms.
Gorillas on the other hand, their brains stop growing at age 3~ so that there is room for very powerful jaw muscles.

Humans either killed or out fucked the competitor species of apes that were intelligent enough to be close.

Humans are savage beasts

This. Language != intelligence

lemurs and even ravens and parrots outdo many humans at many inventive and creative tasks, including NUMERICAL tasks

they all use and understand syntax (if they know/use language at all)

a part of our brain has developed to be perfect for learning language and syntax, noam chomsky called this "universal grammar"

other animals dont have this advantage

I dont think so. Dinosaurs had pea sized brains and were here for millions of years while we just have thousands under our belt. It was because we can walk upright that we could evolve our hands to grab things and create tools and our ability to communicate.

You're by FAR dumber than the HUMANS in that picture. They look healthy as fuck, so they probably lead lives that are happier and more fulfilling than you will ever have. Why should they want more? To be an unhappy basement dweller, like you?

its kinda creepy when you really think about this

like... its entirely possible that cats/dogs/cows/whatever are just as conscious as us (ie they have whatever minimum amount of intelligence required for full conscious experience)

im not about to be a vegan PETA member anytime soon but it really makes you think...

idk the one in the middle looks pretty dumb

he is probably dumber than the one on left though, she looks 100+ IQ

It makes you really think when you kill your first goat/chickens/pigs for whatever feast your having. lol fucked me up good for the first few minutes. AFterwards it was all gravy.

I think animals have some awareness. Humans have cultural influence that passes to each generation. We've been asking questions like "what happens after you die" for millennia.

if animals wanted to live they should have decided to not taste so good

Oof! I can't argue with that logic.

PeTA would hate you for that joke, but it's topkek

Lol Peta can eat cock.

They communicate with eachother through sound, but it's not like anyone could translate dog barks to full on scentences and conversation. Animals that 'talk' with eachother are extremely limited as to how complex the information they can convey is. If you understood 'dog' you'd just hear stuff like "food", "danger", "fuck off my territory/female", etc.

"let me smell your butthole"
"your butthole smells nice"
"tryna fuck?"

t. dog

Gorillas have been speculated to have an average iq between 80 - 90
Look up Koko the Gorilla, and observe the true depth of intelligence Koko, and her Gorilla friend Michael have.
youtube.com/watch?v=8oh1uhrdc6w
Then compare it with the behavioral pattern and communication skills of your average negro and sand niggers, you be the judge of how superior apes are to humans.