The Life of Pablo is a masterpiece...

The Life of Pablo is a masterpiece. I think it was a mistake saying it was a gospel album because people have a very strict idea as to what gospel should sound like, but it's a very spiritual album and Kanye's second most personal. It's like he's at a confessional trying to repent for his sins, which is an exceptional seeing as how on his last album he declared himself a god and equivalent to Jesus. This idea is reinforced on Saint Pablo, the last song on the album, "God, I have humbled myself before the court, Dropped my ego when confidence was my last resort".

Kanye has rapped about his struggles with monogamy since Late Registration, and they take the forefront here on his first album post marriage and having children. He's repenting, asking forgiveness, and asking for help (which is why the album was originally titled "So Help Me God"). Even the album cover emphasizes his struggle in the most straightforward way possible, "Which/One", ass or family.

Other urls found in this thread:

www51.zippyshare.com/v/IAtfpkw6/file.html
xxlmag.com/news/2016/06/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-changes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unironically this

His best album

I don't understand how Kanye can get away with an album that sounds so rushed and unfinished. And at what point does his repenting and begging for forgiveness become meaningless? He keeps pulling the same stunts. I'm tired of this asshole.

>an album that sounds so rushed and unfinished.
Listen to it again and pay more attention this time.

he hasn't done this before tho, other than runaway, a single song that happened to happen two albums ago.

Stop searching for reasons to dislike him. If you don't like his music, just say you don't like it if you're too retarded to expand on why without making up excuses.

This album pretty much marks the downfall of Kanye IMO. At least Yeezus had some artistic merit to it. TLOP just seems lazy.

2016 was just the nail in the coffin for me with him. Between this mediocre album, the revitalized Taylor drama, his mental breakdown and tour cancellation, the stupid Trump shit...it's obvious he's just turning his whole life into some stupid act meant to either represent some nebulous artistic message or draw in more normie viewers to buy his shit and pay attention to his retarded family (Probably both, or just the latter under the guise of the former).

I'm just sick of him. He earned his spot as a musical legend, but he's just grown stale as an artist and a person to me unless he has it in him to drop a MBDTF 2.0.

>His best album
I think Yeezus is his best, but I get where you're coming from.
A case can be made for every Kanye album as his best album.

Alright I will, and OP's post was good enough that I'll keep an open mind. I haven't heard the latest iteration either, maybe it's improved (if there's a 'best version' let me know)

He's mentally ill.
>draw in more normie viewers to buy his shit
>but he's just grown stale as an artist and a person to me unless he has it in him to drop a MBDTF 2.0.
MBDTF is his most normie album. Also,
>wanting Kanye or any artist to drop a rehash of what they've done before

Definitely listen to the latest version of the album. Of course the album is gonna feel incomplete if you're listening to an incomplete version.

By MBDTF 2.0, I mean any modern "classic" he has left in him. Like it or not, that album is considered one of the best of the decade by tons of critics and fans. (I personally prefer either of his first two albums, but MBDTF was good too)

Who gives a fuck that he's mentally ill? It doesn't make any of his behavior any less obnoxious.

>Who gives a fuck that he's mentally ill? It doesn't make any of his behavior any less obnoxious.

>Being mentally ill gives you an excuse to do whatever you want

>I'm not a normie, but his behavior's obnoxious

Wtf is the latest version of the album. I've just heard the original and the one on Spotify. Where can I find it?

In the latest version Frank Ocean is taken off of Wolves entirely, his part at the end becomes "Frank's Track".
In Famous "She be Puerto Rican day parade day wavin" became "She's in school to be a real estate agent".
Saint Pablo is the last song, not Fade.

And a bunch of other small instrumental changes, but they affect the feel of the album.

www51.zippyshare.com/v/IAtfpkw6/file.html
xxlmag.com/news/2016/06/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-changes/

The album was trash accept it you fucking fanboy.

Not true. Kanye has never made a bad album. Turbografx16 will be good too and you will like it.

Im a big fan of kanye i think his 2 first are his best
his new stuf is not that great in my opinion.

I agree, LR is one of my favorite albums ever. Just I would not say Ye has a bad album. TLOP isn't amazing but it's not bad.

the new versions aren't much different, other than padding out the length more (saint pablo is self-parody)

This.
Kanye West's music is nothing but garbage and he is a foolish ocelot who played us all like a damn fiddle.

I am glad that he's on the mountain and we are allowed to enjoy the time we all have while he's gone but I still fear the day he returns.
Who's with me on this thread?

His album has an ambient techno like sound and as far as the music goes it is seriously awesome quality stuff. I don't think its exactly hip hop though. It's closer to soul or pop like a good part of his work so if you are expecting rap well it wont be that satisfying but its also experimenting with the possibilities of the genre i guess.

The most obvious rap influence in the album shows in No More Parties in La basically old school hip hop and a hard groovy tune made for subwoofers which is a stark contrast to the rest of the album.

THE LIFE OF PABLO is one of his most effortless and replayable projects in my opinion a lot of songs aren't great but almost all good and it shows as well because it went platinum really fast so its both commercially and artistically rewarding not many complaints here. A number one radio hit would've turned it into a instant classic for the public i think but thats just guessing

Kanyes only bad album

This. Kanye''s White Abum.

I have not thought about it that way before, but that makes sense. I am going to give it another listen tonight.

He is currently in Tokyo, he left the mountain a while ago. And no I am not with you.

>his best album
umm no sweaty xx

Can you fuckers stop trying to make this album a thing?
"KAnyeZ BSETSES ALBUM THOOO"

That isn't even possible because My Beautiful
Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, Late Registration, and for some 808s and Heartbreaks exist.

The Life of Pablo fucking sucks. It's an album Kanye made when he was off his meds and going through a midlife crisis who is desperately trying to chase hip-hop trends instead of creating them like he normally does and he failed miserably at it.

The album was shit, and many of you fags are terrified to admit it only because it has Kanye's name attached to it.

>it's supposed to be bad

The craziest part about Yeezy, friendo, is every album can be called his best, and each for different reasons. Antoine Fandagger likes graduation, and I've seen each of his other albums praised by anons for whatever reason.

yea there's 3 albums patricians/regular people will enjoy and the other 4 are the perfect bait for contrarians to show off to everyone about how 'sophisticated' their taste is

I prefer My beautiful dark twisted fantasy, but it's quite good.

>listed 808s
>didn't even mention CD
Stopped reading there

Late Registration is just a more evolved version of College Dropout honestly. Also I don't personally put 808s up there as one of his best, but I know alot of people do just because they love to be different.

>2016 was just the nail in the coffin for me with him.

How was 2016 not the nail in the coffin for the entirety of pop culture? Will nothing short of DMT-induced ego death make you stop supporting these fucks? I really don't get you people.

>didn't listen to college dropout

I typed something about how you were an idiot but it stressed me out trying to communicate anything about hip-hop with a plebeian who can't even follow current trends of the most popular genre so I deleted it :-)

What a shitty excuse for a bad album, tbqh.

College Dropout was literally the first album I ever bought when I was in 4th grade...

And don't be a faggot, if you got something to say, say it. Imagine not saying how you really feel on an anonymous message board.

>trying to meme these literally-who bird brains

Sure is summer

>saint pablo is self-parody)

Kanye stans actually think this

>it went platinum really fast so its both commercially and artistically rewarding not many complaints here. A number one radio hit would've turned it into a instant classic for the public i think but thats just guessing

Young people do not give a fuck about Kanye West anymore.
Fade was semi-popular cause niggas wanna pipe Teyana Taylor, but that's it.
My senior trip was last Friday. I was in the back of the bus listening to Tyler and Andre 3000, but the kids were blasting rap music and a few pop songs through a speaker.
The original version of Pop Style came on. They rapped along to the entirety of Drake's verse, they even did Jay's "they still out to get me they don't get it", but at the beginning of Kanye's verse they turned to a different song.

Listen to the complete version of the album finished in June 2016.

Everybody knows Kanye is a perfectionist, it's not an excuse.

bump

Absolutely this.

And it's absolutely fantastic, just like that album and each artists discographies.

>anyone who has a different opinion than me is contrarian

great fucking logic

>I was in the back of the bus listening to Tyler and Andre 3000

What do you mean? FSMH and Famous were both insanely popular when they came out. Also, TLOP was projected to do 400-500K in it's first week if it were released traditionally

There's great songs, but as a whole it's not good.
I think feedback, low lights, highlights, freestyle and fade are pieces of shit that should not have made it to the album. Also while no more parties in LA, 30 hours and facts are good songs they don't go well with the rest of the album. The skits are also pretty dumb.

Take the original 3 act tracklist and remove the 2nd act. That would've been a great album.
TLOP as it is now is just too messy and has too many mediocre/bad songs. I just skip those and listen to the good ones.

808's and Yeezus are his best albums in my opinion.

Famous was talked about because of the Taylor Swift line, not really popular though, especially among young people.

FSMH was popular, but only because of Cudi, Future, and Desiigner.

bump

bump

>ambient techno
are you retarded?

>feedback
>piece of shit
>fade
>good

your opinion is immediately invalidated

>29
It was also the 3rd most popular album of 2016. If the youth isn't fucking with Ye then who is?

20-30 year olds who aren't black.

Where are you from user? TLOP was insanely popular around where I live.

I'm from New York. Where are you?

>there are people in this world who take JUST BLEACHED MY ASSHOLE so seriously that they'll write paragraphs of rubbish over analyzing a shitty pop album

Kanye fans never change you make me feel better about myself

bump

When I was 14 I already thought Kanye was on par with The Beatles, the music all belonged in the same playlist...

That was 13 years ago...
He's been one of the only artists to consistently commit to a craft and just straight do it up for another 3 albums after everybody thought he was finished.

Pablo is great, and as a trilogy, those albums are superb.

I'm kind of inclined to say Kanye is better than The Beatles, but even though I've been a Beatles fan since 4th grade I've never listened to any of their real albums all the way through besides Abbey Road.

I should get on that.

Bump

TLOP was HUGE in NYC. When it dropped, there this was black dude in my college class who rapped along to it for like 3 weeks everyday before class. Famous was played in my college radio, and in many public events, especially because of the "bam-bam" part. I've heard the album being bumped loudly on cars passing by. TLOP was THE album of 2016.

>i like taylor swift :-)